View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 11:05 AM   #4090
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I think the universe was protecting you from dating a salesman and you dodged a bullet. I feel like the dating pool is so weirdly small where you are now. When you move back to the East Coast and to somewhere a bit more urban everything will be miles better. I know what it’s like to entertain the thought of dating someone who wouldn’t be a blip on your radar normally. I went to an all girls high school and had a crush on a teacher who looked like Ned Flanders. He was just…all there was available, to think about.
As long as I stay sane and refuse to entertain thoughts of contacting my disastrous ex husband, who tries to initiate with me every other month since being released from jail, then I'm going to be fine. It's easy to quickly dismiss someone bad for you if you don't have a history, or a child together. But our history was incredibly unhealthy, and he was never a part of raising that child. Sometimes I almost put on rose colored glasses when I am worn out from work + kids + personal issues, and I imagine what would have happened if I had chosen a better guy initially. But I'll never jeopardize my kids or all the progress I've made, so I'm going to have to wait it out until I can put more time/energy into pursuing a compatible (and sexy!) person.