View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #2658
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

OK EVERYONE - STOP WITH THE VITRIOL. I am one of the +/- 1% that have lived in this neighborhood for over 65 years and do not plan to move out. When we moved in West Town was a vibrant blue collar working-class neighborhood. Since then it has deteriorated and improved several times and is now on the rise again.
Most of the comments made make sense and need to be heard and appreciated. The crux of the matter is, "IS THERE A SOLUTION TO CONTROL OR STOP THE NOISE"? I offer the following: 1) get used to it by whatever means possible to you, as it is not going away; 2) continue to address these issues with your respective ward offices to keep this topic on their plates; 3) form community action groups to patrol your blocks to confront fireworks shooters and hope this stifles them, but be prepared for continued noise from other blocks not so patrolled. Engaging the (short-handed and over-taxed and under-appreciated) police who have far more important business to attend to, such as real violence, will not stop the noise in the long run.
Certainly neither solutions will appease all, but getting at each others throats is also not the solution. Yes, total individual and community involvement needs to occur, but this takes time and effort and the participation of our elected city officials. The key word is elected.
Am trying to be objective and helpful in this matter for which there are no easy answers or solutions. Please do not shoot the messenger :-)

lol under-appreciated police