View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #86
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Part of what I love most about this band is the vocals. They're a bit rough on Clarity.
I've listened to that album soo much and love every inch of it, so there's no way I can look at it objectively, but I don't hear "rough" vocals. If anything, it's Jim's most passionate performance. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
A friend of mine told me last night he thinks of them as a one hit wonder. Which is nonsense because bleed American had four hits. But also these albums are so good. Except invented. What happened there
The one-hit wonder bit is nonsense. The Middle was their biggest, but Sweetness still gets a butt-ton of radio play and the crowd at the last show I was at went nuts for that song more than any other. I'd say as the years have gone on, it's grown to be a bigger hit.

That's of course putting aside Bleed American, Pain, Work, etc.

As far as Invented goes, I think it gets a bad rep. After the overproduced (sorry!) Chase This Light, it was a nice return to form. Plus, they got Mark Trombino back! I imagine if you're not too hot on Clarity you wouldn't be sold on Invented either, so to each their own. Still, lots of classic tracks packed into that album -- Higher Devotion, Invented, Mixtape, Anais (bonus track), Evidence, Heart is Hard To Find...