View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #57
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Probably don't buy those from china...which most of them are.

I considered getting a knockoff Gibson EB-2 bass forever two years ago because the body looked fantastic. what i heard bout chinese knockoffs is...usually the body is fine. It's the electronics they skimp on. A lot of people who know their shit buy a chinese knock off then change the electronics. If you have knowledge of this shit it can be worth it..on the other hand, you'll sitll have to get some decent pickups unless you have some lying about.

Also about knockoffs, there's some shameless knockoffs that actually will have brand names on the headstock. I hear that customs are aware of those and often times won't let them in. Which means you waste the money and get nothing. Anyway it goes without saying anyone actually using brand names for their knockoffs are probably so morally wrong that their instruments must be all kind of awful.

do you know rondomusic? They have instrument ranging from like 80$ to 600$

(there's a jaguar knockoff on that page)

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss4.html

Their knockoffs have a good reputation and are really cheap. The semi hollow bass to the far left i posted above is from rondo. For the price i paid (400 but the shipping was very high because i'm in canada AND they wouldnt send it without a case which i also had to buy...great case actually for the price), i'm very happy. They're american but what they actually do is they DO buy knockoff bodies (well not JUst knockoffs some are original i think, like my bass is close to an eb2 body wise but isn't exactly an eb-2) from chinese factories but put their own electronics in.

I can't guarantee you'd like it but it's worth looking into. You could possibly find reviews.

For jaguar though, you could go with squier no? Probably would be better than any knockoff.

awesome, thanks for the response. yeah, i am actually okay with messing with internal electronic components and stuff. i do a lot of soldering and projects like that.

ill def check out rondo music. looks like stuff im looking for.

you're right about the squires. they play fine. its just something about it in my head with branding i need to get over. i'd be fine with some wild name/no name guitar but for some reason squire's have never impressed me in the past. ive heard they have all gotten better and the difference between usa and squire isnt so large now. it's the made in japan fenders that are actually really well made. at least in my experience.

thanks dude. exactly what i was lookin for.