View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #1
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

Default has anyone seen The Beatles' Let It Be movie?

i'm a huge Beatles fan and i was thinking about how this is quite possibly the only piece of media they ever created that i haven't experienced.

from wikipedia:
Quote:
The film has been out of circulation since being released on VHS video, RCA SelectaVision videodisc, and laserdisc in the early 1980s. These early video copies were considerably poorer quality than the original theatrical release of the film because of rough conversion from 8-millimetre and 16-millimetre prints. DVD bootlegs of the film are usually derived from VHS or visually superior laserdisc versions, although there are very few laserdiscs that are in pristine performance condition as a result of laser rot.

In a February 2007 interview with Neil Aspinall regarding the remastering of the film for DVD release, he stated, "The film was so controversial when it first came out. When we got halfway through restoring it, we looked at the outtakes and realized: this stuff is still controversial. It raised a lot of old issues."[7]

In June 2008, plans for a DVD version of Let It Be were canceled at the request of Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr. An unnamed source told the Daily Express UK newspaper that while Paul and Ringo were planning to release it, both had second thoughts. The source goes on to say "The Beatles are still a massive global brand and it's felt it won't be helped if the public sees the darker side of the story. Neither Paul nor Ringo would feel comfortable publicizing a film showing The Beatles getting on each other's nerves."
goddamn. i want it. i'm about to start to start looking for some poor quality VHS rip torrent.