View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 09:42 PM   #3341
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
i fucking hate how they prescribe ssris for anxiety. i want acute treatment, none of that fuckin 'take this every day for 6 weeks and become dependant and maybe you'll feel better' shit

~

i don't know if this is true, but i feel like if you had a steady, legal supply of benzos it would be okay? they're not neurotoxic? and the doctor could give doses to taper off no problem
People do take benzos for acute anxiety, but there's a high chance of abuse. I think if someone can keep their dose to a reasonable amount and not abuse them then benzos are fine. But the longer you go taking them, the more likely you'll develop problematic behaviors.

While SSRI withdrawal will make you want to die, benzo withdrawal can actually kill you.

SSRIs are great drugs. They work for most people who take them. The problem with them is the side effects. Sexual side effects, increased anxiety for some, weight gain, zombification, etc. The next frontier are ultra-selective drugs in an attempt to get rid of the side effects.

If someone can get on psych meds (of whatever kind), get treatment, and get off them in under a year, that would be ideal. People do this, usually after some even like divorce or death of spouse, etc. And some people have anxiety with specific phobias, and that might be doable for them as well. Otherwise, I look at it like having type 1 diabetes.

Last edited by reprise85 : 01-14-2022 at 09:50 PM.