View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #798
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
One thing that’s seemedto helped me to get bethesda games to stop glitching is to delete most of my old saves. The conventional wisdom is save every 20 mins which is good advice. But as a result u accumulate butt ton saves with these amazing pieces of shit ass wonderful broken ass games. So but if u go back and delete like your first 2,000 saves it can help the game to run good? Not sure about how IT* works so who knows but seems to help me and my dad
2,000 saves? Jesus tittyfucking christ. I wouldn't keep more than 50. Just overwrite. Never had problems with overwriting.

Also I'm sure you know this as a seasoned Bethesda veteran, but everything you do in the overworld is going to increase your load times. Like if there's an apple sitting on a table, and you interact with the apple in any way, the game keeps track of that. So 200 hours into a save file, it gets pretty slow and pissed off. Even shit like closing doors can have a big impact, in aggregate. Idk if it's an issue on modern hardware.

Skyrim is 10 years old. JFC. We're old.