View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 04:17 AM   #4
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

looks like Michigan was the deciding state. Early totals show trump winning Michigan by 60,000 votes. However, 160,000 people voted Libertarian. Another 50,000 voted Green Party. Third party candidates handed the presidency to Trump.

This is almost identical to 2000 when Bush won Florida because of third party votes. I know a LOT of people who voted Libertarian this year because they thought Clinton would win. They'd never have done so if they thought the state would fall to trump. I had (past tense) one friend who spent all night tonight on FB bragging about voting against Clinton for "payback" for beating sanders in the primary. Of course, these are all cisgender white men who have little to lose.

I have LGBTQ friends in Michigan who are terrified right now. Some of them are now married. It's very likely that within a couple of years the new GOP court will take their rights away completely. There are half a million arab and persian immigrants in Michigan. They're terrified.

My biggest worry right now is economic. If the GOP gets their way on the next budget we're in for a seriously horrible economic patch that will make brexit look like a joke. In the morning i'm moving all of my 401k into low risk. Buy Gold now. Bury your silver in the back yard. Head East to Canada as soon as possible!

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 11-09-2016 at 04:22 AM.