View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 12:00 AM   #27
LoveIsSuicide42
Demi-God

Yeah, the podcast has been awful. I feel like reception to this would be so much better if he just dropped all three albums at once back in November or like, whenever it was ready? Sitting with each of these songs one at a time for a week apiece has been really lame, and I don't even think it would be a good structure if every single one is a banger. Instead of feeling as galvanized as possible about Atum all at once, it's instead stretched over this giant blob of time and it just feels so belabored. Not even Mellon Collie would feel compelling if it were delivered this way.

And on top of the basic structure of releasing music this way, the podcast itself is just not good I don't get the feeling that I would like hanging out with like, any of these people if I were in the room with them. To me, that's what makes a podcast worthwhile-- if it seems like they're creating a space I'd like to hang out within. And that certainly isn't the case here, as Billy is pissy as fuck about every little thing. The hosts are annoying and come across like dumbasses, but probably aren't that bad in actuality; they just don't have enough interesting material to work with and have to play sycophant to Billy. These guys must be thinking "what the fuck?!" about some of these tracks but they have to pretend it's interesting and compelling and it's just weird to sit and listen to. And then Billy is always correcting them over little things. Awful.