Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Highest rated

* < PREV
* …
* NEXT >

rustypelican
Seattle, WA
181 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (11) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (3)
report abuse
Poor inconvenienced college students. It should take them all of a minute to figure out they can get the same thing by mixing vodka with Mountain Dew. Of course, with all the ADHD stimulants out there, an Adderall and Red Bull with vondka is probably much preferred to an expensive can of Booty Sweat, or whatever that junk is called.

UTHorsey
Edmonds, WA
241 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (17) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (0)
report abuse
Roland,

What makes something wrong? Is marijuana wrong in and of itself, or is it wrong because the government says it is?

herrbrahms
Seattle, WA
205 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (10) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (1)
report abuse
Now what am I supposed to do with my weekends?

spiro spiros
Seattle, WA
116 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:33 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (1) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (30)
report abuse
It's about time! It's rebellious and fun to get intoxicated when you are young and feel like nothing can hurt you. The problem is that it is common for some people (some of your friends) to take it too far and not stop. When you get a little older and see people you know fall apart because they've abused their bodies with intoxicants, then you realize it wasn't worth the initial "fun" you thought you were having.

When you let yourself get out of control, bad things happen!

G23
Seattle, WA
78 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:33 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (12) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (5)
report abuse
Gdam Communists.

BigKevin
seattle, WA
75 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (20) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (2)
report abuse
We should ban vodka and red bull, too, so that on one could make themselves a drink like that.

In fact, I think we should ban alcohol. I don't think we've tried that?

David the Great
Washington
299 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (45) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (2)
report abuse
Dear Governor Gregoire, State Legislature, and Washington state liquor control board.

I'm sorry to inform you that your application to be my mother has been rejected. The position has been filled by the woman who gave birth to me nearly 30 years ago.

Please, do not bother to reapply.

Signed,
Responsible Washington State Resident.

Roland1903
Seattle, WA
508 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (2) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (37)
report abuse
I'm for the ban. It will make it safer for young people. When I was young, I was VERY stupid--much more than I am today. Just because other things that are legal are also unhealthy is no argument for keeping these alcohol/caffeine drinks on the shelves. I remember my first grade teacher telling our class constantly that two wrongs don't make a right. People who want to legalize marijuana should take to heart what that wise teacher said.

David the Great
Washington
299 comments
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (25) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (3)
report abuse
This is a stupid knee jerk reaction.

The minors that got sick were underage and it was illegal for them to be drinking ANY alcoholic beverage in the first place.

Are they planning to ban beer next time an underage college freshman drinks a quadruple shot latte then goes to a kegger and drinks too much Bud Light?

sailhiker210
Seattle
117 comments
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (25) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (4)
report abuse
The surest way to stop college kids from overdrinking any kind of alcohol is to ban college students.

It doesn't seem they are learning anything anyways.

Ninian Reid
Edinburgh, Scotland
1 comments
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (13) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (1)
report abuse
Here in Scotland, many politicians have expressed grave concern over the caffeine-loaded drink, Buckfast. Amazinlngly, this heady brew is made by Monks !

magnoliadawg
magnolia, WA
13 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (34) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (3)
report abuse
Last Saturday, my wife and I drank a bottle of wine with dinner, then enjoyed a cup of coffee with our desert. Are we required to self-report to the State?

sailhiker210
Seattle
117 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (25) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (3)
report abuse
Thanks for saving us from ourselves. Without the government we all be dead.

ulfgard
Seattle, WA
14 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (31) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (2)
report abuse
Dear WA State,

Thank you for allowing us to continue to consume alcohol in some form. I humbly grovel and pray thee that we might be permitted to buy some beer at some point in the future.

Your obedient servant,
Taxpayer

2awsome
seattle
215 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:19 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (28) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (3)
report abuse
So we learned that Democrats and Republicans can work together to take freedom away from the people. It's refreshing that they can find some common ground.

magnoliadawg
magnolia, WA
13 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:18 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (26) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (5)
report abuse
Some college kid is going to make a fortune running cases of that in from Oregon and Idaho.

fullspeedahead
Seattle, WA
63 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:15 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (31) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (3)
report abuse
This doesn't do anything. People can still mix alcohol and energy drinks on their own. What we need is a ban on stupid, irresponsible drinkers.

goodluckwiththat
Seattle
10 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (39) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (5)
report abuse
Boo......... I don't drink that crap, but what I hate even more is the government (state in this case) making my choices for me.... If you can sell cancer in a 20 pack you can sell black out in a can..... hypocrites

thelonious
Seattle, WA
44 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (67) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (8)
report abuse
Click thumbs up if you got ridiculously drunk and sick at least once when you were a teenager.

conspiracypirate
peoples republic of seattle
38 comments
November 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM
Rating: [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (32) [You must be signed in to rate this post.] (5)
report abuse
...here we go with the NannyState again

.... just like San Francisco, are we going to ban Happy Meals too?

OK. So... if someone dies from over-imbibing red wine... will the State put St. Michelle out of business?

Come on people... Wise Up!