Thread: Music streaming
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 01:47 AM   #38
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I do think it really sucks that a streaming service like Netflix will dump, without exaggeration, like thirty "Netflix original" movies and series on its platform every month, throw a trailer up on YouTube for each, and that's it -- things they know might be big will get more of a push, and will show up on the, what would you call it, "front page" when you first sign in, but otherwise that shit just sinks to the bottom of the ocean without any marketing or any chance of it becoming popular and is never heard from again

Everything is treated as disposable and it becomes this self-fulfilling prophecy

And on the audience side, the corollary to that is, even if something proves to be an enormous hit, it sticks in the collective consciousness for like a week tops before everybody stops discussing it and moves on to the next piece of content

Art has definitely become devalued
absolutely. i hate how the netflix paradigm caters towards 'binge watching' as well. i cannot process that much new plot and story and character development for hours on end. that's like cramming for an exam; no idea how people do it.

when shows are on 'standard' TV, one new episode a week, you can actually speculate and anticipate and discuss and overall have more fun than some wankoff 'i watched a whole season in 1 night!'