View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 01:44 AM   #229
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
there is no free will. choice is real in that we experience it, but every choice we make is ultimately the outcome of every input you have ever experienced, the same way an apple falling from a tree is the product of an unfolding equation. the entire universe had to happen that exact way for that apple to fall from that tree in that spot at that precise time

we're all just falling apples experiencing some kind of cosmic self-awareness trip
tbh there's nothing here i hadn't thought of myself before in different ways, but i got a nice 'whoa' moment reading this post.

these days i'm watching the nba playoffs, and watching basketball games really makes me go meta on all that universe stuff. every game is so random, there is such a ridiculous amount of variables that could have gone either way, but went only one, thus changing everything to follow. and it continues to branch out and multiply endlessly and i can't help but think how things would fold out if that tiny little thing would happen slightly differently.

a single simple thing like a game of basketball is like a drop of water running across an infinite ridge of dried up, broken ground, and it only trails a single track. i get mental blackouts thinking about this.