View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 01:15 AM   #84
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Haven't seen any discussion of this WHOLLY un-necessary addition to the CYR vinyl-a-thon (sponsored by Sumerian and Madame Zuzu's) - but wow.

https://store.smashingpumpkins.com/p...ingles-box-set

A few thoughts:

1.) This is what the album SHOULD have been. Ten songs. Then they could have done this as a box-set of b-sides. SAOSBV2.5. The original album at 20 songs and nearly 75 minutes is just too damn much.

2.) I could really go for the Siddartha hack that we used to see how many had sold so we could track sales data over time. I would be BEYOND curious to see how many of those 1,000 have sold. Now that we're over a week out, I think it's safe to say it will never sell out and stacks of these will land above the mens room toilets at Zuzu's along with the remaining 300+ Siddartha boxes.

3.) These 7" boxsets just do nothing for me. So impractical to listen to, and if the artwork is really something special it mayyyy catch my eye as a collectible, but yeah, this one ain't that.
Saw some clickbait on this shit that suggested it was like shadow drop “SAOSBNFPENIS VOL 2”

But in actuality it’s just the shitty singles from Cyr? What’s the fucken point