View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 12:05 AM   #3425
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Speaking from personal experience, my productivity with the type of simple task I do is extremely high, to the point I have to slow myself down so as not to exceed quota. (That's NOT a brag, I do extremely simple and poorly paid work). But I very much need to look away from the screen every 45 minutes or so just for a couple minutes to reset my mind/eyes. I cannot imagine someone taking a goddamn picture of my screen/me.

Part of my specific problem is that my hours are calculated based on my time spent logged in to my rating tool, but to read the things I must rate, I have to click a link and read from the page that opens. Previously, as long as I was logged in to my rating tool, I would be getting paid, but now any time spent on the other tab reading articles is considered not billable. So even errant clicking wouldn't solve that problem. It's bullshit.

Micromanaging infuriates me because there's no positive that comes from it. People are perfectly capable of meeting deadlines/quotas without it, and happier. FOR SHAME.
Get a second shitty laptop and use software to share mice and clipboards between the computers. Open links on the second computer. This is how I solved the problem of working too fast when I was doing similar work. I just let my timer run out on one computer while I did stuff on another one and shared mice between them. I used Synergy, which was a one-time fee (no SaaS shit) of like $20-$30. But there are free ones as well. No fucks given, they were taking advantage of me at $11/hr and I got audited every single month and got great scores.

Fuck them though fr. If people are meeting quotas you have no right to question them and if they aren't you can fire them. They are just encouraging people to spend less time reading and shooting themselves in the foot.

Last edited by reprise85 : 03-17-2022 at 12:14 AM.