Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Any talk of upcoming tour dates? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188752)

Joey Goldberg 12-02-2021 11:45 AM

ninsp 12-02-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4587439)
MEATS AND PORKS!

Hmm, how are meat and pork prices doing? Get back to me dipshit.

ninsp 12-02-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topleybird (Post 4587440)
Highest transmission levels ever in my neck of the woods, too. I love that people are just sick of the pandemic being a thing and have decided that means it's over. I, personally, am vaccinated, so I now believe it does not affect me as an individual; therefore the planet is post-COVID and everyone should start acting normal. This "I only care if it directly affects me" thinking is definitely smart and cool and has in no way led straight to the hellworld we've been living in for years.

Slightly above the level of daily deaths we had for most of last year, before the vaccine? Party time, baby!

I mean, it doesn’t affect me, I don’t give a fuck if unvaxxed people die.

Cool As Ice Cream 12-02-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4587479)
Hmm, how are meat and pork prices doing? Get back to me dipshit.

i don't know! PORKS AND MEATS!!!!1

topleybird 12-02-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4587480)

Yes, I think we all took this as a given about you, ninsp

Thank you for joining so many in opting out of your baseline duty to society

topleybird 12-02-2021 04:21 PM

That Guardian article, Christ, I'd forgotten. "'There is something mighty suspicious about declaring an emergency for something that has yet to show itself to be a grand pandemic,' Corgan wrote."

This fucking genius. Every time a region declares an emergency before a hurricane/blizzard/volcanic eruption hits them, Billy heads for the panic room. One of two things tells him the FEMA stormtroopers have passed safely by his house: either his intuition makes his head tingle, or he notices that the frantic banging on the door by his wife and kids has stopped.

VoxUpDoc 12-02-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4587480)

Except it does affect you, because unvaxxed people dying puts pressure on health services, they’re more likely to create a mutation which beats the vaccine and they pressure government’s into draconian measures like lockdown.

topleybird 12-02-2021 06:24 PM

Rookie mistake thinking ninsp believes anyone else actually exists

Butt Pope 12-02-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc (Post 4587489)
Except it does affect you, because unvaxxed people dying puts pressure on health services, they’re more likely to create a mutation which beats the vaccine and they pressure government’s into draconian measures like lockdown.

Yeah. The hospital my wife works at has been at or near capacity for months on end now. Enjoy 24 hour ER waits, waiting days for an ICU bed, etc.

Slurpee 12-02-2021 09:17 PM

Billy said on one of his recent IG updates that tour discussions were ongoing, but that the MCIS tour might not happen (which means it definitely won't happen).

My guess is it's not about Billy's vax status as much as it is his unwillingness to tour venues with a vaccine requirement. I would bet big money that he whined about the jab but got it ASAP.

Oklahoma Sexual 12-02-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B'arcy (Post 4587476)
Still, Corgan protests, "soon you won't even have the choice to live or die as you wish!"

Article came out over 12 years ago and you couldn't live or die as you wished then. Weird ass weak argument

New Art Rioter 12-02-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpee (Post 4587492)
Billy said on one of his recent IG updates that tour discussions were ongoing, but that the MCIS tour might not happen (which means it definitely won't happen).

My guess is it's not about Billy's vax status as much as it is his unwillingness to tour venues with a vaccine requirement. I would bet big money that he whined about the jab but got it ASAP.

I'd hope Chloe talked some sense into him on that one

TheAlter 12-03-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Art Rioter (Post 4587495)
I'd hope Chloe talked some sense into him on that one

What makes you think she is reason? From what i've seen (ok, not much) she comes off as just another Upper East Side self-entitled kid.

New Art Rioter 12-03-2021 07:18 AM

Well, I would hope she wouldn't want the father of her children to die gasping for air due to some stupid anti vax stance. He's not a spring chicken anymore, his age range means the risk increases.

behived 12-03-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAlter (Post 4587475)
Very true. Also there's stuff like this from 2009. LMFAO Willy.

Because of that article a read this one as well:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...umpkins-albums

"Now that we've found people who we trust and are really dedicated, the door is closed. They're done. They're never coming back."

New Art Rioter 12-03-2021 08:58 AM

The rabbithole of Guardian linked articles is quite something

According to Cox’s original statement – which was aired on Friday at a show in North Carolina and regarded a 2007 support tour slot with the Smashing Pumpkins – Corgan’s bodyguard reportedly cornered him and said, “What the fuck do you think you’re doing? This is Mr Corgan’s water,” after Cox took a bottle. He then alleges that he was shoved against a wall, before being called a “shitty little insignificant fucking indie rock band” by the rock frontman. He says that the whole incident was videoed.

Butt Pope 12-03-2021 04:29 PM

I assume Billy wants to tour because he wants the money. arenas a lot more profitable than selling overpriced coffeehouse shit

Cool As Ice Cream 12-03-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behived (Post 4587500)
Because of that article a read this one as well:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...umpkins-albums

"Now that we've found people who we trust and are really dedicated, the door is closed. They're done. They're never coming back."

Quote:

"We'll be like a new band that can't rely on old gimmicks ... We will crack the egg like we did in 1992, without doing something embarrassing like working with Timbaland. We will find how to do our thing and make it work."
coming soon: cyr - timbaland remix

ninsp 12-03-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc (Post 4587489)

Sure, I’m so concerned about Omicron Persei 8

Forgotten Child 12-06-2021 02:22 PM

Butt Pope 12-07-2021 05:32 AM

Well hey there Shoulder Pads McGee

topleybird 12-07-2021 12:42 PM

Kind of astonished to find I don't hate 'em, like they're silly but also leaning in to his lanky weird frame

Makes him look a bit like a (world is a) vampire really, and I'm just going to pretend that was the intention

Haven't seen a picture of him wearing something I thought was flattering on him since... I don't know, that Ganesh sweater he was rockin' in Zwan probably

Joey Goldberg 12-07-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butt Pope (Post 4587620)
Well hey there Shoulder Pads McGee

They are gautier pads.

Joey Goldberg 12-07-2021 01:04 PM

also, if we are not "post covid," how do you explain the existence of this poster?

better luck next time, libs

Butt Pope 12-07-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg (Post 4587636)
They are gautier pads.

Call it whatever. It looks great and not at all dumb

themadcaplaughs 12-07-2021 10:05 PM

Forgotten Child 12-08-2021 02:21 PM

topleybird 12-08-2021 02:27 PM

How come only More TBA gets to play every day? They pretty big?

topleybird 12-08-2021 02:41 PM

Actually, I just checked the site and it looks like there's been a lineup change

Tribute2JohnnyB 12-08-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4587407)
We are so not post-Covid. But I'll stop there.

This right here.