Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   history repeats itself (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=178089)

slunken 11-30-2012 01:41 AM

history repeats itself

if SP doesn't put out monumental box sets like this one (the MCIS box) for both Adore and Machina the exact same thing is going to happen to billy's career as it did in the past. on one hand, he can continue the success of the mcis box (the material on it is amazing) and put out overstuffed volumes for both adore and machina. on the other hand, the following boxes are diminished in nature (gish and SD size) and the band suffers the consequeences just like in real time. after machina, calls it quits again and (hopefully) resurfaces as a solo acoustic and piano artist.

puts out folky zwan material and piano - based tfe demos

reprise85 11-30-2012 01:48 AM

interesting observation

ghost-mutt 11-30-2012 01:50 AM

history never repeats

autumn_amnesiac 11-30-2012 01:51 AM

skimming through the tunes on this.
will wait for a proper leak in order to change my mind about picking up a copy.
i don't know...i've been getting back into the pumpkins knowing that with the release of this it signifies that Adore and Machina I/II are next.
Might've been the work Flood did with them or the vibes, but goddayumn I can still listen to those albums straight to the finish.
The songs and atmosphere of each album are just perfect in my eyes.
Those three are my personal favs of the band and in general.
And once those are out, I can honestly say that I don't care if billy ever puts out another album under the SP name or dies on a toilet with a cheese steak in his hand.

I just wonder what shows they might have for the Adore reissue.
I used to be heavy into collecting Pro-shots and SBD from the late era, but I never recall any info on an adore proshot. Hopefully we get some glorious D'arcy see through.

ghost-mutt 11-30-2012 01:52 AM

unless...

slunken 11-30-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autumn_amnesiac (Post 3937260)
I used to be heavy into collecting Pro-shots and SBD from the late era, but I never recall any info on an adore proshot.

you're insane - adore-era is easily the most professionally shot tour by a long shot

autumn_amnesiac 11-30-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 3937263)
you're insane - adore-era is easily the most professionally shot tour by a long shot

i remember having tv performances, but can't recall many full-shows.
maybe the australlia one, but my memory escapes me.

but then again, i am comparing it to the machina era which had pro-shots out the ass.
or at least the ones i could get from the fansite billy-corgan.org/com before it shut down

slunken 11-30-2012 02:13 AM

it doesn't matter

i think there's enough adore era material to rival mcis even if its just 6 different version of appels and oranjes

slunken 11-30-2012 02:13 AM

and the machina box set has the potential to be huge if not for the inclusion of M2 finally

TuralyonW3 11-30-2012 02:14 AM

zwan archives are potentially epic

slunken 11-30-2012 02:15 AM

and a potential sweep under the rug because of the wealth of material from that era

autumn_amnesiac 11-30-2012 02:15 AM

if the adore/machina reissues were to sell, you think billy would reissue zeitgeist.

Shallowed 11-30-2012 02:49 AM

There's still the Aeroplane Flies High boxset² to come.

slunken 11-30-2012 02:51 AM

ridin' high

T&T 11-30-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 3937255)
if SP doesn't put out monumental box sets like this one (the MCIS box) for both Adore and Machina the exact same thing is going to happen to billy's career as it did in the past. on one hand, he can continue the success of the mcis box (the material on it is amazing) and put out overstuffed volumes for both adore and machina. on the other hand, the following boxes are diminished in nature (gish and SD size) and the band suffers the consequeences just like in real time. after machina, calls it quits again and (hopefully) resurfaces as a solo acoustic and piano artist.

puts out folky zwan material and piano - based tfe demos

fuck you
fuck you for probably being right
i hope you're not.
hold me slunken

Kahlo 11-30-2012 05:47 AM

Anyone remember the ADORE MOVIE?

Think we will get that on a bonus disk?

MyOneAndOnly 11-30-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 3937270)
and the machina box set has the potential to be huge if not for the inclusion of M2 finally

the Machina box will be fucked up.

that is a guarantee.

Rider 11-30-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autumn_amnesiac (Post 3937273)
if the adore/machina reissues were to sell, you think billy would reissue zeitgeist.

He will for the simple reason he will refuse to treat any SP2 crap like they are inferior step children.

ExitInTheSky 11-30-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlo (Post 3937379)
Anyone remember the ADORE MOVIE?

Think we will get that on a bonus disk?

Which movie are you talking about? The Graceful Swans of Never Documentary? I don't remember anything else except that.

dustrock 11-30-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost-mutt (Post 3937259)
history never repeats

No such thing as history.

Rider 11-30-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExitInTheSky (Post 3937439)
Which movie are you talking about? The Graceful Swans of Never Documentary? I don't remember anything else except that.

No the Adore documentary that was bragged about for the entire tour. Number #192 on the list of shit Billy talked about endlessly and abandoned.

samuel redman 11-30-2012 06:34 PM

didn't he mention that he and Matt Walker were planning on releasing his second solo album (the recorded 2004 material) at the end of next year?

bs1933 11-30-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 3937576)
No the Adore documentary that was bragged about for the entire tour. Number #192 on the list of shit Billy talked about endlessly and abandoned.

Is there an actual list somewhere of all this shit? I would love to see a thread of all the random things because I know this comes up a lot but I can't remember all of it.

soniclovenoize 11-30-2012 06:45 PM

The project was scrapped due to creative differences between Corgan and the director Jesse Ignjatovic. This was back in 1998, and I really wouldn't put that on this list...

rolmos 11-30-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExitInTheSky (Post 3937439)

untr00

Rider 12-01-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bs1933 (Post 3937620)
Is there an actual list somewhere of all this shit? I would love to see a thread of all the random things because I know this comes up a lot but I can't remember all of it.

We have a few threads that try to collect everything, it's endless.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone can come up with something that pre-dates stealing money from people for the first fan club.

bs1933 12-01-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 3937895)

I'm still waiting to see if anyone can come up with something that pre-dates stealing money from people for the first fan club.

LOL

IAMTHEDOORWAY 12-01-2012 01:33 PM

Billy had to keep himself in tea somehow.

slunken 12-01-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 3937895)
We have a few threads that try to collect everything, it's endless.

i thought lyric sheets and stuff were mailed out? there was an interview or post (worth digging up) with the lady that ran that original fan club and she explained how it all went down i wouldn't exactly call it "stealing money from people"

Shallowed 12-01-2012 03:43 PM

Basically the "send $1 to us and we'll send you a lyric sheet" wasn't Billy's idea, all of a sudden they started receiving lots of dollar bills in the mail so they sent them back at first but then they found out that it was for this fan club thing so Billy and Chris started to write up and send out lyric sheets because the dollars wouldn't stop coming.

That's what I heard anyway.