Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lostprophets attempt to bash B0lly (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=148891)

panopticon 08-26-2007 03:52 PM

Lostprophets attempt to bash B0lly

Haha, just watching some Reading highlights with Zane Lowe.

That lostprophets wanker bashed SP while he was being interviewed. To which Zane replies "Pumpkins rule" and it cuts away.

Seems everyone is jumping on the "theres no iha" bull... :noway:

redbull 08-26-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panopticon
Seems everyone is jumping on the "theres no iha" bull... :noway:

except its not totally bull

<sp3 08-26-2007 03:59 PM

i have a lost prophets cd that i got for free. I listened to it once and then put it in my "well ill probably never listen to this cd again" pile.

panopticon 08-26-2007 03:59 PM

yeah he might not be there but who gives a fuck. it's not like SP reformed without Billy and besides he's replaced the members who didn't return with body doubles anyway. :P

ravenguy2000 08-26-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciGarski
its totally bull to get hung up in his absence. they don't need him.

he's never made a good record without him

this is science

Sam Vimes 08-26-2007 04:28 PM

lost prophets...donīt they change their genre with every new album?

not that i care what they said.

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 04:30 PM

people who are crying and whining that james and d'arcy weren't involved with zeitgeist should be doing so TO james and d'arcy, not billy. it's not billy's fault they didn't want to come back and he should never have had to end his band because they left in the first place. the fact that he kept away for 7 years while james went around blaming billy for breaking up the band when billy really did it out of love and respect for him is a testament to the TRUE respect billy has for the band and james and the LACK of respect james had for both. If you're the captain of your boat and some of the crew members jump ship you don't just let your boat sink to the bottom of the ocean, you do the best you can to get where you need to go.

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenguy2000
he's never made a good record without him

this is science

he's (arguably) made just as many shit ones with him as he did without him.

this is (arguably) science

i_adore_adore 08-26-2007 04:32 PM

hey floppy, did you read Billy's myspace blogs?

I'm thinkin' no...

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_adore_adore
hey floppy, did you read Billy's myspace blogs?

I'm thinkin' no...

what myspace blogs are you referring to? there's a few batches of them but either way i have no idea what you're insinuating.

i_adore_adore 08-26-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

the fact that he kept away for 7 years while james went around blaming billy for breaking up the band when billy really did it out of love and respect for him is a testament to the TRUE respect billy has for the band and james and the LACK of respect james had for both.
If Billy really loved and respected him, he wouldn't have ended up blaming James. In fact, you could say it was worse the way he went about it. He let James "[go] around blaming billy," then turned around and wrote on his myspace that it was all James's fault but he was trying to protect him--making BILLY look like the good guy. It was immature of him to do. If he was going to protect James, he should have done it, not wait around five years and THEN put all the blame on him.

I think we all can assume that it was everyone's fault that the band didn't work out.

paranoid 08-26-2007 04:43 PM

in the end of it all, it doesn't matter whose to blame for the bands break up. it's just pretty fucking sad they can't resolve their differences, act like grown men and start playing music together again.

oh, and james was involved in machina, the pumpkins worst record thus far.

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

If Billy really loved and respected him, he wouldn't have ended up blaming James. In fact, you could say it was worse the way he went about it. He let James "[go] around blaming billy," then turned around and wrote on his myspace that it was all James's fault but he was trying to protect him--making BILLY look like the good guy. It was immature of him to do. If he was going to protect James, he should have done it, not wait around five years and THEN put all the blame on him.

I think we all can assume that it was everyone's fault that the band didn't work out.

First of all, this must show how new you are to being a pumpkins fan since i'm pretty sure he posted those blogs around 04/05 on his own personal website. How long can you really turn the other cheek when someone you loved attacks you? When did James ever admit he was planning to leave the band? He didn't, he let billy say they were breaking up the band mutually and let billy speak the bullshit excuse that "they couldn't go on fighting the good fight against the Britney's and Christina's of the world". Billy could have said then and there that james was leaving and he was stopping the band but he didn't because or respect for him.

Down the line james iha insinuated that "only billy could break up the band" in an interview and i believe thats what set billy off. Being the band leader, billy took a lot of slack and blame for ending the band and yet they all kept it under the guise of a mutual decision on all there parts. For james to break that and say that it could only be billy's fault to break it? that's insulting to someone who was lying so long for you.

ravenguy2000 08-26-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paranoid
oh, and james was involved in machina, the pumpkins worst record thus far.

i'd rather have been involved with machina then have been the ring leader for machina, msots, tfe, and zeitgeist, all in a row

*shrug*

redbull 08-26-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floppy Nono
the fact that he kept away for 7 years while james went around blaming billy for breaking up the band when billy really did it out of love and respect for him is a testament to the TRUE respect billy has for the band and james and the LACK of respect james had for both.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

blue site blog.

"James Iha broke up the Smashing Pumpkins."

I dont recall James even HAVING a blog

I cant tell when you're trolling and when you aren't though, so let me know if you are

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbull

there was an interview where james said only billy could break up the band. Did you think one day billy just woke up and said "hmm, i think i'll admit james iha broke up the band today" ?

redbull 08-26-2007 04:59 PM

So James knew the other band members were expendable in Billy's eyes. What's your point?

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

So James knew the other band members were expendable in Billy's eyes. What's your point?

The point is they broke up as a mutual thing in 2000 and then james insinuated that billy could be the only person to break up the band. He never admitted publicly that he planned to leave the band either.

redbull 08-26-2007 05:02 PM

none of which changes the fact that billy has still not made a decent record without james

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

none of which changes the fact that billy has still not made a decent record without james

That is an opinion in your own eyes. There are no facts to support it, just your own personal opinion of album quality and worth.

i_adore_adore 08-26-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

there was an interview where james said only billy could break up the band. Did you think one day billy just woke up and said "hmm, i think i'll admit james iha broke up the band today"
Dude, you're taking that quote out of context, I think. James means that Billy is pretty much the only member that REALLY means Smashing Pumpkins. If everyone else wanted to leave and Billy wanted to keep going in 2000 with other members, he could have more than any other member. Granted, he would have gotten crap for it, but it would be so much weirder if, say, d'arcy went on with three other band members playing under the Pumpkins' name. James saying "only billy can break up the band" = Billy is the Smashing Pumpkins.

In any case, none of this really matters.

I just want to say for the record that I don't think James broke up the band, I don't think Billy or Jimmy or D'arcy did, either. Stuff like that happens.

redbull 08-26-2007 05:09 PM

there's the c ollective opinion that MSOTS, TFE, and Zeitgeist have been of lower quality than previous work. I don't think that one's really debatable

pepper666 08-26-2007 05:10 PM

billy does not need james to make good songs.. he is a genius... i do not care if he made a good record with or without him... i enjoyed zwan... and i do also enjoy the new songs billy wrote... they are simply amazing (99 floors, the rose march, if all goes wrong, peace and love, ...)... dont get me wrong.. i respect james... but come on... SP was never about him...

Cool As Ice Cream 08-26-2007 05:11 PM

JACKALS LICK THEIR BALLS
CHICKEN IN MY HEART

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

James means that Billy is pretty much the only member that REALLY means Smashing Pumpkins.

If this were true than why is the community so split over this band incarnation?

i_adore_adore 08-26-2007 05:12 PM

I'm not saying it's true, you idiot, I'm interpreting James's quote.

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

there's the c ollective opinion that MSOTS, TFE, and Zeitgeist have been of lower quality than previous work. I don't think that one's really debatable

A collective opinion is still an opinion no matter which way you look at it.

Floppy Nono 08-26-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

I'm not saying it's true, you idiot, I'm interpreting James's quote.

and i was interpreting his quote too but you felt so justified to tell me i was taking it out of context. I felt justified to tell you why i thought that interpretation wasn't true.

RenewRevive 08-26-2007 05:14 PM

who gives a fuck. lostprophets are just an ordinary band, not great not terrible. if he was taking a shot at the reunion he's just aping trent with a soundbite; if it is to do with how good sp were then he has no clue.

i_adore_adore 08-26-2007 05:14 PM

James speaks only Truth.

My bad, I forgot.

PS: I'm in a terrible mood today for some reason. Floppy, I didn't mean to call you an idiot. And anything I say from this moment onward can be blamed on irrational, uncontrollable mood swings.