Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Moving is the worst (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=180929)

Cool As Ice Cream 05-23-2014 03:37 AM

how do you talk when you're at the dentist? it doesn't work.

Eulogy 05-23-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4062403)
oh, and lord help these people if i go there tomorrow and they aren't helpful.

if you choose to mess with people who 1) have money and 2) one of them is a fucking lawyer

eat shit.

Eulogy gets all star jones when he's drunk

We saw Failure last night at Metro. And my "vacation" i've been planning on for three months started last night. So. Yeah. Didn't plan on spending it packing but OH WELL.

Eulogy 05-23-2014 10:03 AM

ugh i need to go to the dentist. and the doctor.

duovamp 05-23-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4062402)
you think leasors are dickweeds just wait till you try and get that home loan

You wound me. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4062392)
I will be buying. As soon as I can.

which, fuck, ugh, i did not ever want to do.

SAME. I love our place now, but I'm really fucking sick of living in someone else's property.

Our landlord made us sign an agreement to not smoke or bring any guns into the apartment. >LOL

I want to fuck loudly and not worry about it. I want to smoke my damn ass corncob pipe like a chimney. But I don't want to be stuck in some fucking home for 15 years. And I don't want to have a stupid lawn. It's like there's no middle ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4062393)
"OH YOU DON'T WANT TO INITIAL A PROVISION YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY VOUCH FOR? OH WELL THEN HAHA I WILL FUCK YOU"

I have never encountered dumber people than when I have been looking for an apartment. Never.

A situation kind of like this happened to my mom and dad before I was born. My grandfather instructed my father and uncle to "pay the landlord a visit" because "people fall down the stairs every day."

duovamp 05-23-2014 10:20 AM

You and Caine should pay that guy a visit, is what I'm saying. People fall down the stairs every day.

Bread Regal 05-23-2014 10:30 AM

buying is such a great idea for a lot of reasons, but it has to be the perfect house in a perfect place that you are fully positive you will love. i haven't run the numbers, but even if you have to do your own maintenance on the house, it's offset by the fact that your mortgage payment would be substantially less than if you were renting.

guys let's all desribe our dream houses

kitchen:
stovetop island
eye level oven (not sure if that's the real name)

a back yard large enough for a small vegetable garden and a turtle pond, plus space for the dogs to run around.

one story

no vaulted ceilings.

duovamp 05-23-2014 11:10 AM

A turtle pond? That's adorable. ^_^

I'm afraid of basically getting into a situation of buying a home and being stuck in one city or state for the rest of my life, and becoming old and boring.

Ideal home: zero yard and/or rocks
Big garage
Minimal bedrooms because heating bills suck
Don't even care if it has a man cave as long as I can install a lift in the garage
Gas stove

duovamp 05-23-2014 11:14 AM

I'd like to be the guy living in the small shitty house on the block that everybody hates. I have no desire to ever own a big house. Too much work. Too much cost.

vixnix 05-23-2014 11:26 AM

yeah we're in a huge place at the moment and the thrill wears off very quickly and then it's just endless cleaning and tidying, especially with kids to spread stuff around everywhere they go

The exploding boy 05-23-2014 12:13 PM

you know netphoria has aged when people are discussing buying houses. What happened to discussions about proms or your first time.

duovamp 05-23-2014 12:15 PM

Well it's a step above last year which was endless shit about cats.

Eulogy 05-23-2014 12:37 PM

I'm starting the packing process and I'm terrified of how much smaller the new place is. It will force is to be more efficient and stuff though I guess : /

The exploding boy 05-23-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duovamp (Post 4062487)
Well it's a step above last year which was endless shit about cats.

fuck. I hate that I missed that. Here's a pics of one of my cat when she was a baby btw

http://s25.postimg.org/al2id6u0f/bir..._stuff_012.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/w67l0sqr3/bir..._stuff_013.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/amcg6lvu7/bir..._stuff_016.jpg

IZ WAS GOOD PIZZA, THANKS HUMANZ

lololololol.

I'll send more later for no good reason if you want. Actually i'll send them even if you don't.

I fucking love cats.

yo soy el mejor 05-23-2014 04:51 PM

everything is the worst.

Trotskilicious 05-23-2014 08:40 PM

the exploding boy lives in a filthy hovel

The exploding boy 05-23-2014 11:46 PM

Eh this was like 4 years back before we repainted (its orange and turquoise now isnead of white) and rearranged (i've been here 5 years). We were using a nasty cover we didn't want as a curtain....as can be seen in the back. Nasty

Thing is i cant even make sense of what the room used to look like even looking at this picture. It's not quite a filthy hovel.,. Though the kitchen floor is absolutely worn out and needed to be renovated already when i moved here. It IS a semi-basement though. It's the only thing i could afford in hipsters neighborhood. This place should be costing me about 1000 minimum instead of 520. Not kidding. If it hadn't been because the previous tenant had been here ten years without a raise, i wouldn't be able to afford this and would have to live in some overly trashy neighborhood, where people with my income normally belong. Now instead i live in douchetown.

As for moving being the worst, yeah I did move like 6 times in as many years before i kinda settled here. I kept very little belongings and most remained in boxes. In montreal, moving is a hobby. Seriously we move more every year than any other city in north america.

Bread Regal 05-23-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The exploding boy (Post 4062485)
you know netphoria has aged when people are discussing buying houses. What happened to discussions about proms or your first time.

well for one, finishing high school typically takes less than 15 years for most people.