Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music News and Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Guitar Playing and gear thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=181491)

bye june 02-13-2015 03:39 PM

lol good one but no it's a nice guitar that I put some money into last year...plus it's my dad's and it was the first electric guitar I ever played. I want to start playing it again but I need that piece.

slunken 02-13-2015 04:53 PM

Have you tried the internet

slunken 02-13-2015 05:34 PM

i want to complain

Just kind of posting out loud for a second but J.H.C. I have been looking for a pedal board and flight case combo for forever.

I need one that is no larger than 31.5 inches long (exterior) but it needs to be at least 28" long (interior). I want the kind where the bottom lid is the bottom of the board, but i also need a riser to house a power supply (voodoo labs 4x4 is less than 2" tall and the width of about two pedals) underneath.

Pedaltrain doesn't make my size, Trailer Trash is too expensive/complex. I found a bunch of great cheap ones (under 100) that is just a cheap flight case that uses the bottom (the smaller) lid as the pedal board but i would have to find one that has enough height clearance for me to add a small riser to to either the whole bottom layer or just a partial layer to house the power supply underneath.

i'm only seeing options of 5-6" high. that might not be enough, whereas the pt-pro with ata case is about 9" high.

here are the cheapies i was looking at - http://hybridcases.com/09/ http://www.rondomusic.com/product7519.html http://www.rondomusic.com/product7515.html

for the $$$ I would really like to make one of those work even if i had to make a riser of some kind. but if pedaltrain made a 28" model i would have bought it years ago.

slunken 02-13-2015 09:41 PM

because i want an ata case for it. it's not so much the board at this point, it's the housing.

slunken 02-13-2015 09:51 PM

i'm just going to have to spring for a trailer trash

slunken 02-13-2015 10:04 PM

my problem hasn't been the money necessarily i just find it hard to believe that only one company makes what i need. there have to be alternatives for a 28" rising board.

slunken 02-13-2015 10:12 PM

i would much rather have a slatted surface instead of drilling my own holes and etc

noyen 02-13-2015 11:14 PM

I lost my bid on the jag hh :( always some asshole sitting there the last three seconds. Maybe I'll go the build route. white people problems.

ButtHash 02-14-2015 12:20 AM

Bought me a Roland JC-77 last weekend. The chorus sounds so pretty. Throw a reverb and delay pedal in and you're set. I used to have a Boss CE-2 pedal which sounded amazing but I had to sell it (apparently it's not easy to find, I found it at goodwill for $3). Anyway this amp's chorus sounds as good as that pedal, which makes sense.

Gotta get a good, cheap distortion pedal though. Ideas?

noyen 02-14-2015 12:37 AM

rat or rat clone. the big muff. standard distortion. They aren't expensive. good and cheap don't exist much in the pedal world. And I build them myself and they cost a fair amount of money and labor, even doing it as cheap as possible. danelectro has lots of cheap pedals. boss has a few good ones (lots actually)

teh b0lly!!1 02-14-2015 04:37 AM

does nobody here use Guitar Rig or Revalver?
you can get some crazy tones from those things

teh b0lly!!1 02-14-2015 04:39 AM

i was considering letting the fractal axefx get to me but then i figured it can't do much better than what i'm getting with those two programs

slunken 02-15-2015 03:36 PM

this power supply is amazing. i can plug my entire board into it and everything is dead quiet. i had 7-8 pedals powered by wall warts going into one of those heavy duty power supplies and had the thing maxed out.

now i only need two spots for the entire rig. amp and power supply.

brutechinasky 03-04-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4155513)
does nobody here use Guitar Rig or Revalver?

i use GR5, but i'm so lazy i pretty much use only the presets

The exploding boy 03-04-2015 02:59 PM

I use Guitar Rig and Amplitube.

I found no preset satisfactory on either so made my own but i kinda hate dealing with that sort of shit so i pretty much made one or two setting i like and keep with it.

Well i started with presets that i modified. Like the one i mainly use was originally APPARENTLY supposed to sound like Andy Summers in The Police. they called it like message in a bottle or something. But i modified it a bunch.

I tried the Edge one being a big fan of U2's 80's sound and it sounded nothing like the edge to me. Maybe you have to have the proper guitar too....

slunken 03-04-2015 03:57 PM

i have a LINE 6 POD2 that i rarely use. they're fun to mess around with in a pinch and i would travel with it and a mini-amp but its too tempting to use a completely different sound for every recording. i prefer to work within a tighter set of parameters. i realized 95% of the time i used it, i was basically just trying to recreate the sounds of my main rig.

slunken 03-05-2015 07:24 PM

found this old band photo

LaBelle 03-05-2015 08:03 PM

did he hit those purrfect notes?

The exploding boy 03-06-2015 03:33 PM

maybe not the right place to ask (i men maybe i should go on pro forums) but...anyone ever had any issue with a truss rod that WONT budge?

I've been having real issues with my Squier Strat. It won't keep in tune past the like 7th fret or so. I figure a truss rod adjustment might be in order. Thing won't budge either left or right....

slunken 03-07-2015 09:41 AM

you're supposed to adjust less than 1/4 turn each day so if you can't get even that i would take it somewhere

if you go cranking on that thing you will crack the neck no problem

The exploding boy 03-09-2015 01:13 PM

I did manage to budge it in the end. I did two quarter turns so far, waited a day between each for the neck to adjust. Haven't tried it yet today but if it doesn't fix the problem i'm not touching it more than this. It seems to be mainly the g string though which is weird, you'd think all the strings would be affected equally if it was the neck....

The exploding boy 03-09-2015 01:48 PM

Good idea.

But the thing see is i didnt have a problem with it until this winter. I'm sure dryness has had something to do with it. Wonder if it'll fix itself come spring or summer.

The exploding boy 03-09-2015 03:09 PM

Good idea.

teh b0lly!!1 03-10-2015 05:42 AM

teb you really seem to have no idea at all what you're doing

what you're describing can be an intonation issue, a frets issue. it's a goddamn squier of course its whack. don't be messing with the truss rod if you don't know what you're aiming for at least

Sonic Johnny 03-26-2015 06:52 PM

Anyone have one of those MCIS Tab books? Worth the $$? Like are the tabs more detailed than the stuff up on spfc.org? If the answer to all three of those questions is yes: does anyone wanna sell me a second-hand one?

reprise85 03-26-2015 07:12 PM

i used to have it. it was pretty great and much better than most of the online tabs. plus you get the sheet music of course.

Sonic Johnny 03-26-2015 07:24 PM

ahahahahaha sheet music, that's funny.

slunken 03-26-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny (Post 4171144)
Anyone have one of those MCIS Tab books? Worth the $$? Like are the tabs more detailed than the stuff up on spfc.org? If the answer to all three of those questions is yes: does anyone wanna sell me a second-hand one?

they're the most difficult to find out of the 3 (siamese dream, mcis, and adore). expect to pay $50+.

i mean not only do you get tabs of the songs but you get tabs for all the weird little background stuff and keyboard parts transposed for guitar and james' ebow stuff tabbed out its crazy

slunken 03-26-2015 07:31 PM

you can find pdf copies of both mcis and sd on torrent sites pretty easily if you want to do that - i remember just searching for guitar tab under pdf and it was in a pack with a bunch of other books

reprise85 03-26-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny (Post 4171158)
ahahahahaha sheet music, that's funny.

it's nice to have it, say you want to play something on piano, you dont have to figure it out. i was never very good at figuring shit out on my own, so having the sheet music was very useful. or when i needed to show someone the rhythm of something. of course i had the songs memorized and didnt even have to worry about the rhythm or time signature or anything. but other people i played with needed it, and it was easier to start with it while learning the song.

but yeah you gotta be able to read it i suppose

slunken 03-28-2015 12:14 PM

spent this morning notating more sound banks on the boss sl-20 slicer (there are 80). i'm determined to understand this thing.