Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

vixnix 12-30-2020 06:08 AM

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...77242433_zpid/

Something like this might be ok. What you save on airfares you could spend on transport to/from San Francisco.

But yeah....the everyday experience might be nowhere near as enriching as Columbia or Turkey.

MyOneAndOnly 12-30-2020 02:28 PM

that is middle of no where central valley California. That would be awful place to live

reprise85 12-30-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4571814)
Thanks for replying. Thatís a good income! You could live comfortably in lots of parts of the U.S. for that I reckon. Just not any of the parts that most people want to live I guess.

lol

You could live in Miami for 3k a month with roommates

reprise85 12-30-2020 04:10 PM

I live in a small city about 45 mins from Miami and my 700sq ft apartment within a mile of the beach is $1080 (inclu water/trash only) and is basically the cheapest you can get without going into a high crime area anywhere around here. But there are also plenty of 3 bedrooms under 2k, so roommates make it much cheaper

reprise85 12-30-2020 04:16 PM

i'm going to move this year. going to try to rent from a small management company and also want to have a patio for kitty

smashingjj 12-30-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4571847)
i'm going to move this year.

better be quick

smashingjj 12-30-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4571847)
i'm going to move this year. going to try to rent from a small management company and also want to have a patio for kitty

I'm gonna move in with a woman who already has a cat...named kitty

Gijs better behave

reprise85 12-30-2020 04:28 PM

lol has he ever lived with another cat?

MyOneAndOnly 12-30-2020 04:37 PM

I have known couples who broke up cause their cats couldn't get along

MyOneAndOnly 12-30-2020 04:44 PM

$1000 per month would maybe get you a bedroom in a shared apartment or house in DC. That wouldn't have been the case last year. But it looks like rent has come down a bit in some of the bougie "co living" buildings, which are 4 bdrm apartments where you rent a room and share the kitchen, living rm, bath with 3-6 other people

MyOneAndOnly 12-30-2020 04:46 PM

I want to move to the Blue Ridge mountains and start a mountain retreat for queer women

smashingjj 12-30-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4571850)
lol has he ever lived with another cat?

nope!

smashingjj 12-30-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571851)
I have known couples who broke up cause their cats couldn't get along

luckily we're not a couple!

vixnix 12-30-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571852)
$1000 per month would maybe get you a bedroom in a shared apartment or house in DC. That wouldn't have been the case last year. But it looks like rent has come down a bit in some of the bougie "co living" buildings, which are 4 bdrm apartments where you rent a room and share the kitchen, living rm, bath with 3-6 other people

Those apartments look great - I lived in a place like that, my first year out of home. We had no living area but space in the kitchen for a small table.

vixnix 12-30-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571843)
that is middle of no where central valley California. That would be awful place to live

I picked it because it is mentioned in the book Iím reading as having one of the lowest rates of college educated residents and average income so figured the rent might be cheap... it was contrasted against Menlo Park not far away which has one of the highest rates of college educated residents and average incomes

vixnix 12-30-2020 07:12 PM

We paid close to $4k US/month for an older 4bdrm apartment in Singapore and currently pay about $2500 USD for a 2-3bdrm house here in New Zealand, so paying $500 or less for a month actually does seem like incredibly good value - I guess Tookís other tip of making best use of exchange rate really helps. Iíve never travelled anywhere where the exchange rate was that favourable to me. Maybe Cambodia...but I always end up paying the foreigner premium anyway 😐

reprise85 12-31-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashingjj (Post 4571854)
nope!

lol have fun with this then

ninsp 12-31-2020 02:34 PM

Damn, housing is fucking expensive in the rest of the country. I pay $1200 for my 3bd/2bth in Dallas/Fort Worth. New build, live in a very “trendy” area.

smashingjj 12-31-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4571901)
lol have fun with this then

:(

reprise85 12-31-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4571902)
Damn, housing is fucking expensive in the rest of the country. I pay $1200 for my 3bd/2bth in Dallas/Fort Worth. New build, live in a very “trendy” area.

yeah but you have to live in texas though

houseofglass11 12-31-2020 07:37 PM

if you live in Florida you can't say anything about Texas, js

MyOneAndOnly 12-31-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4571858)
We paid close to $4k US/month for an older 4bdrm apartment in Singapore and currently pay about $2500 USD for a 2-3bdrm house here in New Zealand, so paying $500 or less for a month actually does seem like incredibly good value - I guess Tookís other tip of making best use of exchange rate really helps. Iíve never travelled anywhere where the exchange rate was that favourable to me. Maybe Cambodia...but I always end up paying the foreigner premium anyway 😐

your current rent is about what you would pay just outside of DC for rent in the suburbs for an OK quality apartment.

if you want to meet up in Cambodia let me know. LOL. My GF is from Vietnam and we're planning to visit SE Asia once this COVID nightmare is over.

MyOneAndOnly 12-31-2020 07:48 PM

this is a typical building and rent near where I'm moving in Feb

https://www.apartments.com/mosaic-at...le-md/stq6zk5/

If you want to rent a house it's a whole different price range.

reprise85 01-01-2021 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4571920)
if you live in Florida you can't say anything about Texas, js

Florida is shitty but South FL is not so bad and I live in the most liberal county in FL so yeah texas sucks more sorry

Eulogy 01-01-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571852)
$1000 per month would maybe get you a bedroom in a shared apartment or house in DC. That wouldn't have been the case last year. But it looks like rent has come down a bit in some of the bougie "co living" buildings, which are 4 bdrm apartments where you rent a room and share the kitchen, living rm, bath with 3-6 other people

My DC studio was almost as much as my 3 BR relatively new construction apartment in Chicago. Rent is funny lol

cork_soaker 01-02-2021 01:34 AM

There is a very loud amusement park right in front of my present lodgings.

Ram27 01-02-2021 06:03 AM

i cried on the morning of january 1st

of course you know intellectually that of course, the calendar changing changes nothing. it's just another day and nothing gets fixed.

but it's so depressing to actually live that. to work until fucking 11:30 on NYE, watch the ball drop, sleep, watch all the college football i can, go to work again, labor and toil, producing profits for the bourgeoisie, sleep again.

nothing stops. it's jan 1st, there's work to do. people who are 'better' than you get to stay home and relax. i drove out in the rain for 5 hours. nothing stops.

i guess i used to be able to fool myself. nothing's gonna change though. what the fuck will joe biden do?

what the fuck am i supposed to do? i'm not drinking, cool. i want to see the pumpkins again. i want to sit in the summer air at a baseball game. how can i have goals or dreams when the reality is so ever-present and so crushing

fuck

ninsp 01-04-2021 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4571930)
Florida is shitty but South FL is not so bad and I live in the most liberal county in FL so yeah texas sucks more sorry

Iíd rather die than live in the garbage pit that is Florida. The world would be better off without it.

reprise85 01-04-2021 01:52 AM

shitty state fight

Elphenor 01-04-2021 07:17 AM

I chased a man with a hammer this morning he was setting a fire that could have easily burned the damn buiz down


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022