Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Guilty Pleasures on the TeeVee (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185798)

Elphenor 07-30-2018 07:18 PM

I don't watch it on my TV but I've seen like 5 or 6 seasons now of Kitchen Nightmares because Gordan Ramsey yells at people is a guilty pleasure

MyOneAndOnly 07-30-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphenor (Post 4453825)
I don't watch it on my TV but I've seen like 5 or 6 seasons now of Kitchen Nightmares because Gordan Ramsey yells at people is a guilty pleasure

the british version is way better than the US version.

His show "The F Word" was really really good

LaBelle 07-31-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4453619)
i didnt even know they put out the 6th season. was pretty underwhelmed with last season. there were some good points though. i'm sure i'll watch it soon.

I liked season 5. Thought the riot framework and how they structured the season was cool.
Piper just gets more needless with each passing season though, it feels they could've written her off the show at this point.

ilikeplanets 07-31-2018 05:48 PM

I want to watch the 6th season but I don't have Netflix right now and also don't have enough time to watch a season of anything. I basically only watch 2-3 hours of TV a week, all on Sunday night after the tot is in bed, and all on TLC (the worst). 90 Day Fiance (Happily Ever After?) just ended and there is no gap before the new season, Before The 90 Days. I LOVE IT AND IT'S TERRIBLE

MyOneAndOnly 07-31-2018 06:58 PM

watching sharp objects.

This show triggers me and makes me want to cut

toase 07-31-2018 08:02 PM

the handmaids tale - amazing
westworld - sucks
preacher - ok

LaBelle 08-01-2018 07:51 AM

I totally missed the westworld window, I guess.
For a hot minute people seemed in love with that show.

MyOneAndOnly 04-25-2019 07:07 PM

Does anyone watch The Bold Type?

MyOneAndOnly 11-06-2021 05:07 PM

I feel like most of what i've watched this year is Nordic Noir murder mysteries

Rebecka Martinsson (Sweden) - liking season one so far.

The Wisting (Norway) just watched and liked it. We binged both seasons in one weekend

The Valhalla Murders (Iceland) on Netflix... i'm about halfway through this one. It's OK.

MyOneAndOnly 09-06-2023 10:35 PM

Ahsoka is good. Ep 4 some of the best Star Wars since Disney started mucking shit up.

buzzard 10-01-2023 07:05 PM

Is this our general TV thread these days or more aimed at wincing admissions of being up to date on 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way?

Anyway, I recently saw the fifth episode of the third season of How To with John Wilson and reckon it was one of the better ones yet – really channeling some of that Nathan Fielder / The Rehearsal energy.

ilikeplanets 10-01-2023 09:32 PM

I'm the only one that talks about 90 Day and all its spinoffs. Sometimes I can entice vix to join. Are you up to date, buzzard? That guy Sarper is a real piece of work. And I can't understand a fucking word the lady dating the Sourh African says.

The most recent season of Before The 90 Days was a great one. I'm not sure who was hardest to watch....probably Gino and Jasmine.

MyOneAndOnly 10-01-2023 09:52 PM

I worked with someone 4 years ago who was on 90 day... or one of the similar shows. And they made her look like a monster on the show. It was shocking. Cause at work she was this easy to get along with, nice, people person. On the show she was a demon.

We didn't know that she'd gotten married until the show aired. She had signed an NDA and after the first episode aired it was the biggest scandal ever in my office.

MyOneAndOnly 10-01-2023 09:54 PM

Watching the Walking Dead spin-off "Daryl Dixon" and it's actually pretty good. I stopped watching walking dead years ago. By the end of S3 it had become unwatchable. The first season, though, is still so good.

Daryl is a different kind of show. It involves a messiah figure, a trek across France with a couple of Nuns, and a few characters that I find more interesting than anyone in the original show.

buzzard 10-01-2023 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4633731)
Are you up to date, buzzard? That guy Sarper is a real piece of work. And I can't understand a fucking word the lady dating the Sourh African says.

The most recent season of Before The 90 Days was a great one. I'm not sure who was hardest to watch....probably Gino and Jasmine.

I don't think I am, but might not be too far behind if the one you're talking about has freakishly long hair and looks like an Evanescence fan from one of those small towns in West Virginia where the only thing to do all day is boatloads of OxyContin.

Gino and Jasmine, though – fucking hell. The term "toxic relationship" gets thrown around a lot these days, but wow.

ilikeplanets 10-01-2023 10:45 PM

That's the one, yeah. Like I'm sure there's drama there but I can't stand their segments because it sounds like she's chewing marbles.

I would give almost anything to unlearn what I now know about Gino and Jasmine. I remember their introduction several seasons ago and Gino's horrible high-pitched laugh as they got into bed together....there's something incredibly wrong with both of them, but Gino's problems seem deeper. He actually disturbs me. That vegetable chopping scene (where Gino couldn't prep veggies without a peeler and cutting board) was pure art.

I can't really get into the Last Resort because it's all a bunch of Big Ed and Angela making 6th grade sex jokes, but I was actually surprised to discover that Kalani and Asuelu have been cheating on each other. All his attempts at guilt tripping are failing spectacularly.

ilikeplanets 10-01-2023 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4633732)
I worked with someone 4 years ago who was on 90 day... or one of the similar shows. And they made her look like a monster on the show. It was shocking. Cause at work she was this easy to get along with, nice, people person. On the show she was a demon.

We didn't know that she'd gotten married until the show aired. She had signed an NDA and after the first episode aired it was the biggest scandal ever in my office.

Um, excuse me, who???

buzzard 10-01-2023 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4633735)
I would give almost anything to unlearn what I now know about Gino and Jasmine. I remember their introduction several seasons ago and Gino's horrible high-pitched laugh as they got into bed together....there's something incredibly wrong with both of them, but Gino's problems seem deeper. He actually disturbs me. That vegetable chopping scene (where Gino couldn't prep veggies without a peeler and cutting board) was pure art.

I can't really get into the Last Resort because it's all a bunch of Big Ed and Angela making 6th grade sex jokes, but I was actually surprised to discover that Kalani and Asuelu have been cheating on each other. All his attempts at guilt tripping are failing spectacularly.

Gino fucked up by demonstrating his most worrying tendencies right off the bat, e.g. sending topless photos of his new girlfriend to the old one as some sort of "look at me now" gesture. He's clearly an extremely damaged person and things like the vegetable chopping or his insistence upon absolutely always wearing a hat – even while sleeping – are completely mental. That said, it really does seem like Jasmine has some sort of reptilian awareness of how pitifully malleable he is and seems to have converted his whole existence into some sort of void bucket that'll never overflow with all the bile she spews into it. Pretty much every thing that happens seems to form some part of a calculation as to what she can extract from it.

I've never seen The Last Resort but also don't know if I could stomach another minute of Ed or Angela. Whoever makes that show has a real knack for luring in delusional narcissists, eh.

ilikeplanets 10-02-2023 12:26 AM

It's a huge gold mine! Colt and Tania are also at the top of the awful list

ilikeplanets 10-02-2023 12:30 AM

The only couple on the whole franchise that isn't full of shit is Kenny and Armando. Even fan favorites Loren and Alexei are gross and seem emotionally needy.

The path Stephanie (the fake bi girl) went down is fucking crazy. She was the first of the franchise to be an outrageously successful Only Fans queen, selling "farts in a jar"( could not make this up, disgusting) and then hooked up with a 90 Day YouTuber.

MyOneAndOnly 10-02-2023 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4633736)
Um, excuse me, who???

It was actually "Married at first Sight" not 90 Day.

Her "marriage" was the first one in show history to end in an annulment.

https://screenrant.com/married-first...-jones-update/

Quote:

Michael's dishonesty always cropped up and caused problems. There was a time on the show when Meka showed up at Michael’s alleged workplace, and when she asked to see him, they didn't know who he was. When she confronted him about it, he talked in circles, and then shut down. This was a regular occurrence in their marriage. Towards the end of the season, it was apparent that they would not stay together. To no one's surprise, both chose divorce.

ilikeplanets 10-02-2023 03:29 PM

I've seen a few episodes but didn't really follow that show

Joey Goldberg 10-03-2023 11:50 AM

Guilty pleasures?

lol, you're talking to a guy who's seen every episode of F·R·I·E·N·D·S

MyOneAndOnly 10-03-2023 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg (Post 4633801)
Guilty pleasures?

lol, you're talking to a guy who's seen every episode of F·R·I·E·N·D·S

that's not a pleasure, that's an addiction

Joey Goldberg 10-04-2023 02:23 AM

who are you to "yuck my yum"

redbreegull 10-04-2023 12:49 PM

TheAlter 10-04-2023 01:25 PM

Friends is the fucken 90s how can people be on a Smashing board and not like the Friends?

ilikeplanets 10-04-2023 01:35 PM

I hate it

TheAlter 10-04-2023 02:08 PM

smashingjj 10-04-2023 02:30 PM

Omg Chandler is like soooo sarcastic