Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AUSTIN TX !!! (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=149981)

SlingeroGuitaro 10-31-2007 02:06 AM

seriously, davin, what are you going to do if the shows are canned?

davin 10-31-2007 02:13 AM

i guess still come to texas to visit my friend...and then hope jimmy gets better and that i can make the new dates.

if its a choice between recovering and making things worse, i'll take the cancellation. :(

SlingeroGuitaro 10-31-2007 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davin

if its a choice between recovering and making things worse, i'll take the cancellation. :(


for sure.


i'm still pulling that it's just heartburn, though. i've got a shiner with your name on it

davin 10-31-2007 02:19 AM

shiner?

SlingeroGuitaro 10-31-2007 02:24 AM

http://www.shiner.com/home.php

davin 10-31-2007 02:25 AM

right on. :cheers:

damp roads 10-31-2007 02:30 AM

mmmmmm shiner hefeweizen.... my favorite

SlingeroGuitaro 10-31-2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damp roads
mmmmmm shiner hefeweizen.... my favorite

fuck yeah

JRiordan 10-31-2007 03:14 PM

I called the venue; the lady told me they hadn't heard anything yet one way or the other, and keep checking the website for updates.

Hopefully Jimmy is feeling better...

skipgo 10-31-2007 03:25 PM

i could go for a shiner about now. one of my favorites :)

MisterSquishyHalo 10-31-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipgo
i could go for a shiner about now. one of my favorites :)


I saw a band in concert that was called shiner.

lapis 10-31-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSquishyHalo
I saw a band in concert that was called shiner.

lol, I have an album of theirs

davin 10-31-2007 05:34 PM

shiner is a great band, i have all their albums.

and the frontman's new band is The Life and Times.

markpregen 10-31-2007 05:38 PM

if dallas is cancelled this show must be too

Day dreaming Of Darcy 10-31-2007 05:39 PM

I taped Shiner once.. they opened for Death Cab w/ The Prom.

They were terrible..... if you want the davin, let me know

davin 10-31-2007 05:46 PM

yea, they've had some questionable live shows....there were many band issues that contributed to their demise.

that would be great man, i would love to hear it.

SlingeroGuitaro 10-31-2007 06:31 PM

it's going to be interesting to see if they can reschedule the austin show, and where. this was the last show of the season at the backyard, and i'm not sure they would open it up for a show in the middle of november. the music hall still isnt finished, and the tori amos show that was scheduled to play there at the end of november was moved to san antonio because of the construction.

damp roads 10-31-2007 06:38 PM

I called the backyard, they still don't know yet if it's postponed or not. The lady said they would update their website (www.thebackyard.net) as soon as they are notified (if they are notified).

aldango 10-31-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro
it's going to be interesting to see if they can reschedule the austin show, and where. this was the last show of the season at the backyard, and i'm not sure they would open it up for a show in the middle of november. the music hall still isnt finished, and the tori amos show that was scheduled to play there at the end of november was moved to san antonio because of the construction.

Weird. I went to see BNL there last November 11th. I know that's just another week, and it was freakishly cold...

Brute Squad 10-31-2007 07:13 PM

A friend just texted me and said 101X announced that the Austin show has been canceled.

SlingeroGuitaro 10-31-2007 07:18 PM

i dont doubt if it is just canceled all together. it wasnt sold out, less people will go to the rescheduled date- austin hates national bands not the killers.

aldango 10-31-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong
A friend just texted me and said 101X announced that the Austin show has been canceled.

Blah. At least we still have (postponed) Dallas.

TuralyonW3 10-31-2007 10:12 PM

i want to die

MisterSquishyHalo 11-01-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davin
shiner is a great band, i have all their albums.

and the frontman's new band is The Life and Times.

I think they opened for HUM or something back in the mid 90's

I don't remember..that was a long time ago.

davin 11-01-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong
A friend just texted me and said 101X announced that the Austin show has been canceled.

i refuse to believe it until the backyard or gettix.net's websites have been updated. or the o-site, but base on what happened with atlant, i think the others will be updated first.

gossamer1234 11-01-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davin
i refuse to believe it until the backyard or gettix.net's websites have been updated. or the o-site, but base on what happened with atlant, i think the others will be updated first.

accoriding to the opening band's myspace, it's canceled.

SlingeroGuitaro 11-01-2007 12:36 AM

indeed.


sucks

that was all i had planned for my birthday :(

markpregen 11-01-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gossamer1234
accoriding to the opening band's myspace, it's canceled.

link? name of opening band?

SlingeroGuitaro 11-01-2007 12:43 AM

http://www.myspace.com/whatmademilwaukeefamous

they were confirmed on the 29th- i posted it here when i first found out.

i emailed the band to see if they were given a reason why or if there was a possibility of a reschedule.

davin 11-01-2007 12:59 AM

:(


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2022