Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music News and Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thread for Boris (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=184271)

FoolofaTook 02-10-2017 09:02 PM

Sometimes on gensho blows. but heavy rain and akirame flower pwn

Rocket Launcher 02-10-2017 09:17 PM

offtopic: foolofatook at first i thought you were quite annoying since you post at so many threads simultaneously but you are quite a cool guy in fact, also who the fuck here else is from the philippines anyway. prolly i'm just boring as fuck and need to update my views.

Rocket Launcher 02-10-2017 09:19 PM

ontopic: yeah sometimes was quite unnecessary. it is such an overrated mbv track anyway, and not even technically a good one

Rocket Launcher 02-10-2017 09:25 PM

why the fuck did they put a crappy retake of vomitself there. the original is not to be fucked with, as well as the whole album itself. p.s. heavy rain is beautiful

FoolofaTook 02-10-2017 09:36 PM

What??? I love sometimes. their cover pwns. its the gensho version i don't like since takeshi butchers the vocals.

i like the new vomitself. merzbow adds to it brah

yeah heavy rain huh. watas vocals are trippy.

FoolofaTook 02-10-2017 09:37 PM

Do u like noise. i love ghost of romance. such complex melodies and song structure.

FoolofaTook 02-13-2017 06:04 PM

I love Wata. The version on Attn Plz is superior but this is the best I could do:

They played this when I saw them. I swooned.

FoolofaTook 02-13-2017 06:06 PM

And this is one of the Drone Goddess' best solos EVAR

Rocket Launcher 02-14-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4318746)
Do u like noise. i love ghost of romance. such complex melodies and song structure.

thats the one i love also!! :o ( 太陽のバカ in japanese), along with "angel" and "あの*********たち" (those people)

Rocket Launcher 02-14-2017 10:51 AM

the song heavy friends is too cool to be true

FoolofaTook 02-14-2017 11:30 AM

That was the first boris I ever heard. Later I will fully expand on heavy friends.

yah noise is cool. wata kills angel and quicksilver is hardcore. i like melody too. shoegazy guitars...

FoolofaTook 02-14-2017 05:41 PM

I had been hearing for years about some cult band called Boris and how they put out tons of albums in different styles. So I downloaded Heavy Rocks. I was in Korea, stone cold sober (by choice), and I went for a walk in the evening with my mp3 player. When I put on the headphones and started my ears suffered an aural blitzkrieg. The fan who had ripped the cd must have adjusted the volume and by adjusted I mean cranked it up as far as it would go. So the feedback/first chord strum demolished my ear-holes.

HEAVY FRIENDS!!!

FoolofaTook 02-15-2017 11:07 PM

The second day i was back i got super stoned so i put on mabuta no ura but fell asleep halfway thru.

FoolofaTook 03-14-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4317483)

The A Bao A Qu
If you want to look out over the loveliest landscape in the world, you must climb to the top of the Tower of Victory in Chitor. There, standing on a circular terrace, one has a sweep of the whole horizon. A winding stairway gives access to this terrace, but only those who do not believe in the legend dare climb up. The tale runs:

On the stairway of the Tower of Victory there has lived since the beginning of time a being sensitive to the many shades of the human soul and known as the A Bao A Qu. It lies dormant, for the most part on the first step, until at the approach of a person some secret life is touched off in it, and deep within the creature an inner light begins to glow. At the same time, its body and almost translucent skin begin to stir. But only when someone starts up the spiralling stairs is the A Bao A Qu brought to consciousness, and then it sticks close to the visitor’s heels, keeping to the outside of the turning steps, where they are most worn by the generations of pilgrims. At each level the creature’s colour becomes more intense, its shape approaches perfection, and the bluish form it gives off is more brilliant. But it achieves its ultimate form only at the topmost step, when the climber is a person who has attained Nirvana and whose acts cast no shadows. Otherwise, the A Bao A Qu hangs back before reaching the top, as if paralysed, its body incomplete, its blue growing paler, and its glow hesitant. The creature suffers when it cannot come to completion, and its moan is a barely audible sound, something like the rustling of silk. Its span of life is brief, since as soon as the traveller climbs down, the A Bao A Qu wheels and tumbles to the first steps, where, worn out and almost shapeless, it waits for the next visitor. People say that its tentacles are visible only when it reaches the middle of the staircase. It is also said that it can see with its whole body and that to the touch it is like the skin of a peach.

In the course of centuries, the A Bao A Qu has reached the terrace only once.

This legend is recorded by C. C. Iturvuru in an appendix to his now classic treatise On Malay Witchcraft (1937).

Jorge Luis Borges i Margarita Guerrero, The Book of Imaginary Beings, 1969.

FoolofaTook 03-14-2017 04:44 PM

Btw heavy friends is my ringtone.

chilling at the dentists all of a sudden this eldritch rumble crackles... BORIS HEAVY ROCKS!!!

FoolofaTook 04-19-2017 09:07 AM

Atsuo is vegan.

btw

FoolofaTook 04-19-2017 02:04 PM

Shoo weasel. Begone, foul vermin!

FoolofaTook 04-19-2017 03:44 PM

Weasle they introduced me to borges. nothing u can say can change that. nothing.

FoolofaTook 04-19-2017 09:06 PM

Summary:

Takeshi says something in strange oriental language
Wata aka Drone Goddess plays a note and holds it
Atsuo waves and doesn't stop
Vid cuts off abruptly

teh b0lly!!1 04-19-2017 09:43 PM

lol i'm gonna make another effort to get into this band just because of this video it's amazing

teh b0lly!!1 04-19-2017 09:44 PM

also i'd gladly give away one of my nuts for that GODDAMN GUITAR FUCK

teh b0lly!!1 04-19-2017 09:44 PM

guitars and music gear is the only reason i'm kinda sad about not being rich i swear

FoolofaTook 04-19-2017 11:17 PM

That is Wata's most precious studio gibson les paul. as far as i know that is her only guitar.

when i saw boris live she had her axe sitting on stage in a single rack back turned. check this: the paint from the back of the fretboard was completely stripped by playing, from the neck down to the base. you could see how she had worn it down starting at the top.

I was like WOAH.

teh b0lly listen to naki kyoku

FoolofaTook 04-20-2017 09:40 AM

Mods plz delete above post and perma ban user. thank you.

FoolofaTook 04-20-2017 09:43 AM

Moving on: one cute thing about me liking boris is that i have no idea what that long haired fucker is saying. so i usually just hum or whistle along except for when there is a syllable or two that I remeber like "nakte" or "kurui" or something. then i belt it out with gusto later subsiding to the humming and whistling as before

o and F U POOTS!!!

FoolofaTook 04-20-2017 09:45 AM

I still maintain she stripped that shit with her bear hands and will continue sharing this tale as soon as I make some friends.