Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

Shallowed 07-15-2022 08:14 PM

don't update to windows 11, your fears will come true one way or another

ilikeplanets 07-15-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4597364)
you talk to Mooney lately?

11 years ago, now. 11. Years. Ago.

slunken 07-15-2022 08:47 PM

well thank goodness i'm eternal

MyOneAndOnly 07-15-2022 08:53 PM

Windows 95 was the best Windows. It's all been downhill since

slunken 07-15-2022 11:34 PM

just did dishes

or as i like to call it - getting the front of my t-shirt wet

ilikeplanets 07-16-2022 12:17 AM

Sounds like you have poor technique

slunken 07-16-2022 12:27 AM

i'll admit i'm pretty ham-fisted when it comes to doing dishes

slunken 07-16-2022 12:31 AM

i was a lazy little shit this past week, working 10 hours a day and letting them pile up

yo soy el mejor 07-16-2022 03:27 AM

yeah, that's kid stuff. i used to ask my parents why couldn't they buy a dishwasher and my mom would say, "that's what you are!". you learn how to wash dishes without getting too wet.

but i watched too many movies and shows where characters would dry dishes with a cloth and i would break so much stuff trying to do that and get in trouble. plus, if i banged stuff around too loud, like pans, i would get accused of doing it on purpose.

now doing dishes is now my least favorite chore. let me do and fold laundry and clean a bathtub and toilet any day of the week.

ilikeplanets 07-16-2022 11:13 AM

I got screamed at the same way if I got one drop of water on the floor while doing dishes. So we can just blame my critical attitude on that, slunken. Dishes are my least bothersome chore (it feels wrong to say "favorite").

ilikeplanets 07-16-2022 12:03 PM

Computer restarted itself at some point last night and auto updated. All my bookmarks remain, and the way I set up my browser for work is in tact. What a nail biter!

yo soy el mejor 07-16-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4597428)
Computer restarted itself at some point last night and auto updated. All my bookmarks remain, and the way I set up my browser for work is in tact. What a nail biter!

hey, if you go to your bookmark management part of the computer or whatever, you can save/backup your bookmarks and upload them later.

i only found this out last week or so cause i got a new laptop at work and lost all my bookmarks. i "googled" how to get them back and that was a suggestion but i was way past that.

but since i was using gmail/gstuff, i realized i could turn on a sync button in the top right corner of the screen and i got them back. phew

Disco King 07-16-2022 01:50 PM

I remember showing up to school in first grade with bleached clothes because I was cleaning my lunch kit with bleach in the sink the previous night to get all of the spaghetti sauce stains out.

I can do dishes without getting my t-shirt wet these days, but I still take a big step back whenever I'm using bleach.

yo soy el mejor 07-16-2022 01:55 PM

ugh, i bleached a shirt to get it really white the day before we had to wear a white shirt for field day. i smelled horrible. i was so embarrassed and tried to stay away from everyone.

ilikeplanets 07-16-2022 02:09 PM

I have a designated bathroom cleaning shirt because I am also messy with bleach.

ilikeplanets 07-16-2022 02:11 PM

Cannot talk about bleach without thinking of Nirvana, ever

slunken 07-16-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4597442)
ugh, i bleached a shirt to get it really white the day before we had to wear a white shirt for field day. i smelled horrible. i was so embarrassed and tried to stay away from everyone.

lol

yo soy el mejor 07-16-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4597425)
I got screamed at the same way if I got one drop of water on the floor while doing dishes. So we can just blame my critical attitude on that, slunken. Dishes are my least bothersome chore (it feels wrong to say "favorite").

yeah sometimes i even get triggered by the word "trouble" and want to avoid being in it all costs. it turned me into a big-time liar and i fancied myself pretty good at it for a time.

i don't feel the need to furiously deny i used the last of the ice cubes and forgot to refill the tray, but my heart still sinks when i hear my name said in a certain way like i am about to get yelled at/in trouble/confronted.

ilikeplanets 07-16-2022 05:27 PM

The stricter the parents, the better the liar. At least it seemed that way in my circle. I had a friend who in freaking elementary school was already sneaking out at night because she wasn't allowed to socialize hardly ever. She and I went to some horse stables a few blocks behind my house (in Texas, obviously) at midnight once, which for 10 year old girls is insanely dangerous and makes me terrified that my oldest will be 10 in 5 years and could conceivably do something like that.

Anyway, sorry you went through that kind of difficulty. Kids make mistakes and are forgetful, and shouldn't be disproportionately punished while still learning how to be responsible.

slunken 07-16-2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4597454)
but my heart still sinks when i hear my name said in a certain way like i am about to get yelled at/in trouble/confronted.

omg i know exactly what you're talking about

slunken 07-16-2022 09:55 PM

i think this is why i dislike calling people by their name

like in my head i think it means i'm chastising them

smashingjj 07-17-2022 12:33 PM

That's cause you need to work on your insecurities, Patrick

Ram27 07-17-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4597480)
i think this is why i dislike calling people by their name

like in my head i think it means i'm chastising them

same. i have a speech impediment so i feel like i'm always ruining their name

Ram27 07-17-2022 05:23 PM

pls talk me down from the ledge this is one of the more depressing texts i've ever read

samples bad! live drums good! why replace in the first place! i bought that snare and tuned it like that for a reason!

Shallowed 07-17-2022 05:55 PM

trying to EQ out the resonances of the snare can make it sound worse

teh b0lly!!1 07-17-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram27 (Post 4597546)
pls talk me down from the ledge this is one of the more depressing texts i've ever read

samples bad! live drums good! why replace in the first place! i bought that snare and tuned it like that for a reason!

This text isn't all that bad. They're praising your playing, so there's that.

If you were going for a particular honky-sassy snare sound, yet they're EQing out all the honkyness and sassy sauce, there's obviously a miscommunication between you and your bandmates that needs to be resolved.

Either make clear that you want your drums to sound LIKE THAT and have them make adjustments, or come to realize it doesn't sound right according to your guys and you make the adjustments.

Just going off the text, it sounds like the engineer was like "oh yea the drums didn't ring true on my grandma's Samson speakers so I used fart samples to enhance the mix" which is kind of the hallmark of a tasteless engineer. Which is to say you may not be the one at fault here. So you just keep showing up with yellow drums at the practice space and blow everyone away with your sick playing.

I am also available for sex ed classes

ovary 07-17-2022 08:33 PM

son can't stop saying i love pussy give me some pussy

Disco King 07-17-2022 08:44 PM

Re: being afraid of getting "in trouble"

Yeah, growing up with strict parents who screamed at and struck me for the smallest errors has made me kinda cagey and avoidant.

Even though the logical side of my brain knows that most people will not respond to my mistakes in the same way my parents did, and even if they did, most of them won't harm me… I still fear disappointing people or being criticized. I rarely lie outright about mistakes I've made if asked, but I will try to hide them and fix them before they are noticed instead of being frank about them. I've been known to avoid people when I screw up. I'm a grown-ass man and I still feel like a scared little child afraid of getting "in trouble."

ovary 07-17-2022 09:12 PM

son can't stop talking about getting into good trouble. son wont stop writing sexy john lewis-nancy pelosi fan fiction

ilikeplanets 07-17-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram27 (Post 4597546)

I'm not really familiar with drumming stuff, but he isn't saying "wow, Ram is so great at playing so he made it easy to replace his playing with samples!", right? Cuz if so, I would find that annoying and kinda backhanded.