Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Guilty Pleasures on the TeeVee (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185798)

smashingjj 12-24-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4404963)
BUT! Brandi and Vanessa from a shot at love were lesbians and they would have been great together, and in my head they were. who needs tila tequila, let billy have her.



......why are there so many contestants named Brandi?!

does anyone know a Brandi? Introduce me.

both my mother's and my father's names are Brandi. They called their kids Brandi, Brandi, Brandi, smashingjj and Jean-Luc Picard.

FoolofaTook 12-24-2017 08:06 PM

Eddie Vedder?

smashingjj 12-24-2017 08:09 PM

his name is actually Brandi Vedder.

ilikeplanets 12-24-2017 09:25 PM

tbh my cousin's name is brandi but she is off the list for the obvious reason of being my cousin. she is too caught up in the sjw movement to be a barely dressed contestant on reality dating shows anyway.

ilikeplanets 12-24-2017 09:29 PM

oh i also watch Baggage, Jerry Springer's new-ish "dating" show. It's basically exactly what you'd expect but damn he looks really old nowadays. I definitely think I win this thread. My bad TV habit is probably a cross-addiction at this point.

FoolofaTook 12-24-2017 09:30 PM

Tbh the only thing hotter than lesbians are lesbian cousins. :erm:

I'm sure Fuzzy will confirm this.

ilikeplanets 12-24-2017 09:36 PM

my cousin is not a lesbian. none of them are even bi afaik. and i have a decent amount of cousins. i'm definitely the rainbow sheep of the family!

FoolofaTook 12-24-2017 10:40 PM

When I was 8 I told my 11 year old cousin that I had a crush on her. She told EVERYONE.

lol I am definitely the black goat of the family.

ilikeplanets 12-24-2017 11:29 PM

at least you were brave?

fuzzyroes 12-25-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4405019)
When I was 8 I told my 11 year old cousin that I had a crush on her. She told EVERYONE.

lol I am definitely the black goat of the family.

Hey man, we all have our cringe worthy moments to think back on during childhood. Don't beat yourself up over it man.

FoolofaTook 12-25-2017 01:17 AM

I was boasting.

LaBelle 12-25-2017 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4405010)
Tbh the only thing hotter than lesbians are lesbian cousins. :erm:

I'm sure Fuzzy will confirm this.

Could you please stop objectifying and sexualizing lesbians?
I'm lesbian myself and this makes me uncomfortable. Lesbians don't date other women for male entertainment.

qwerty sp 12-25-2017 05:55 AM

^

It became a big issue in the '90s

MarquisInSpades 12-25-2017 05:58 AM

Quote:

It became a big issue in the '90s


LaBelle 12-25-2017 06:07 AM

And annoyingly enough it still is, I still hear assholes going "oh thats sooo hot" "can I watch?" "can I join?" "but hooow is it like?" a lot more than anyone would expect.

Just. stop.

fuzzyroes 12-25-2017 05:23 PM

Let me guess, I'm sure Took was just "joking" again:rolleyes::noway:

ilikeplanets 12-25-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBelle (Post 4405085)
And annoyingly enough it still is, I still hear assholes going "oh thats sooo hot" "can I watch?" "can I join?" "but hooow is it like?" a lot more than anyone would expect.

Just. stop.

It's almost worse when you're bisexual (me) because then some guys automatically think it's an invite for a threesome. If it is, I'll let you know. You know? :dammit:

LaBelle 12-25-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4405131)
Let me guess, I'm sure Took was just "joking" again:rolleyes::noway:

I wouldn't like to put him on blast for it tho.
As obnoxious as comments like that can be I know they stem more from our societal context than actual intended harm.

It's not near the same level as openly supporting sexual predators, trying to contextualize pedophiles or denying trans people their identity.

buzzard 12-25-2017 06:08 PM

Which of our members are most often behind any bouts of objectifying celebrities, for example, identifying those to whom they're attracted and typically referring to them only insofar as they are sexually desirable?

The answer will surprise you.

ilikeplanets 12-25-2017 06:09 PM

Personally, my interest in women is so different and far removed from/than my interest in men that when I even want a threesome it isn't with two girls and one guy. Because that usually only plays out in one type of way, ime. And it isn't a great time for me. I'd rather two guys or two girls, or just one of each, or almost anything but that "typical" threesome that most people imagine.

LaBelle 12-25-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4405135)
It's almost worse when you're bisexual (me) because then some guys automatically think it's an invite for a threesome. If it is, I'll let you know. You know? :dammit:

Totally, it's so shitty that that's a lot of people's first assumptions.

Or that bisexuals are more likely to cheat, or that they can never be happy with just one partner because they will always want both.

Bisexual erasure is also shitty af "oh there's no such thing, you just haven't made up your mind yet"

ugh.

ilikeplanets 12-25-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4405137)
Which of our members are most often behind any bouts of objectifying celebrities, for example, identifying those to whom they're attracted and typically referring to them only insofar as they are sexually desirable?

The answer will surprise you.

me, no surprise to anyone. celebrities should know it comes with the territory. :sexors:

ilikeplanets 12-25-2017 06:12 PM

And yeah, I do think Took was actually joking. Still, any opportunity to share our viewpoint isn't a bad thing. So there!

ilikeplanets 12-25-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBelle (Post 4405140)
Totally, it's so shitty that that's a lot of people's first assumptions.

Or that bisexuals are more likely to cheat, or that they can never be happy with just one partner because they will always want both.

Bisexual erasure is also shitty af "oh there's no such thing, you just haven't made up your mind yet"

ugh.

I'm into open relationships, personally, but I feel horrible for the bisexuals that aren't who are thought to be unfaithful just because they are bisexual. A commitment is a commitment, if that's what you want. Anything else is still cheating.

But bisexual erasure is honestly the worst. Or maybe it's tied between that and people thinking my bisexuality is really just a game to entertain men. I guess that's kind of the same thing, I'm not really up to date on all the terms. But like I said earlier, my interest in men and women are completely unrelated and I don't need anyone, gay or straight, to compartmentalize it.

LaBelle 12-26-2017 04:16 AM

Bisexuals surely have a hard time even within the LGBTQ+ community. I heard a ton of shit being said by gay people who honestly should know better.

Hoo-mans can be terrible some(alotof)times.

vixnix 12-26-2017 04:27 AM

People here at netpho told me I wasn't bi, like...six months ago maybe.

LaBelle 12-26-2017 04:34 AM

Oh right, the old "if you're married to a man you're not bi anymore"

vixnix 12-26-2017 04:42 AM

it was like "your experiences and desires don't make you bi, I get to decide whether you're bi because I'm queer and you're definitely not, so even if you say you're bi, you're not"

It was that ugly thread about the emoticon where I defended Louis Ck riffing on the word faggot. not a popular stance. probably even less popular now.

But it was after people said "You can't understand because you're not queer" and I said "actually, I'm bi" and they were like "No you're not".

LaBelle 12-26-2017 04:55 AM

Yeah that thread was a shitshow.

ilikeplanets 12-26-2017 12:19 PM

I'm sorry vix. I know I surely didn't say anything like that. Not like you should ever need to prove things to anyone. Bi is is your heart <3 lol but being invalidated is really lame. fuck you guys who said that stuff.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2022