Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

reprise85 03-07-2019 02:59 AM

im having bariatric surgery on april 3

FoolofaTook 03-07-2019 07:31 AM

hope everything goes well reprise. how much time off from work do you have to recover?

reprise85 03-07-2019 11:59 AM

thanks. two weeks.

Catherine Wheel 03-08-2019 03:22 AM

So everyone who is left here is all of a sudden being really nice to each other and supportive and hospitable. Wow it’s almost like you’re all trying to prove wrong about how Netphoria really is. Like how people act a different way when self consciousness or shame / guilt / insecurity enters the picture

Catherine Wheel 03-08-2019 03:42 AM

We don't even need to bring shame or guilt or insecurity into this. We can just leave it at self consciousness.

FoolofaTook 03-08-2019 07:01 AM

O Catering, you are as mischievous as a megalothon is mighty!

yo soy el mejor 03-08-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4501580)
im having bariatric surgery on april 3

i started my period april 3, 2001

FoolofaTook 03-08-2019 08:55 AM

Any idea when it's going to stop?

vixnix 03-08-2019 09:13 AM

My cat was begging for potato chips and I was distracted and didnít really think about it because I was doing some heinous reading for Uni and then before I knew it, the inevitable happened, and there I was, about to knock on my parentsí bedroom door and call out Mum, Dad, the cat threw up and then I realised fuck. Iím 39. Nobody is coming to help me, I have to clean up this fucking cat spew all by myself

Mals Marola 03-08-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4501680)
Any idea when it's going to stop?


yo soy el mejor 03-08-2019 11:14 AM

menopause, i guess. we didn't really learn that in high school. but i think my mom has stopped bleeding and she is 58.

yo soy el mejor 03-08-2019 11:49 AM

u guyz are gonna love this. so i was part of a group project that was fucking awful because two girlies did not do shit. instead of telling you the story, i will show you the email i just sent. sorry, i could not NOT send it:

I did not want to send a group text because I don't want to call either of you out in a group text. But in the future, if you two ever have a group project, for sake of your group, do your work.

Guilia, for not having read the chapter and needing the book in front of you for the entire time, you wasted so much of our group's time by rambling and reading from the book (and saying "like" way too much). And I know you know that there was no effort behind your slides.

Alexis, you did not do a thing and then attempted to present my work. I noticed you also took notes from my slides and added them to your points in the shared GoogleDoc. This was the morning the presentation was due, yet you were in class trying to read the chapter in a hurry. So had you read or not?

When I was your age and lazy about school, I did myself everyone a favor and dropped out. There are better ways to spend your time than going to school to avoid doing work and getting lousy grades because of it.

This kind of stuff lessens the value education, which is silly to do because it costs so much--for most people. And not liking a class is not an excuse to be lazy, especially when other people are relying on you to do your work.

Good luck in school and life.

-******

yo soy el mejor 03-08-2019 11:51 AM

idgaf

FoolofaTook 03-08-2019 11:52 AM

do you sign all your emails as "i n c l u d e"?

yo soy el mejor 03-08-2019 11:52 AM

Y - S - E - M

yo soy el mejor 03-08-2019 11:53 AM

I - A - D - B

in english

run2pee 03-08-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4501705)
u guyz are gonna love this. so i was part of a group project that was fucking awful because two girlies did not do shit. instead of telling you the story, i will show you the email i just sent. sorry, i could not NOT send it:

I did not want to send a group text because I don't want to call either of you out in a group text. But in the future, if you two ever have a group project, for sake of your group, do your work.

Guilia, for not having read the chapter and needing the book in front of you for the entire time, you wasted so much of our group's time by rambling and reading from the book (and saying "like" way too much). And I know you know that there was no effort behind your slides.

Alexis, you did not do a thing and then attempted to present my work. I noticed you also took notes from my slides and added them to your points in the shared GoogleDoc. This was the morning the presentation was due, yet you were in class trying to read the chapter in a hurry. So had you read or not?

When I was your age and lazy about school, I did myself everyone a favor and dropped out. There are better ways to spend your time than going to school to avoid doing work and getting lousy grades because of it.

This kind of stuff lessens the value education, which is silly to do because it costs so much--for most people. And not liking a class is not an excuse to be lazy, especially when other people are relying on you to do your work.

Good luck in school and life.

-******

F yeah

Tell em

FoolofaTook 03-08-2019 12:14 PM

(just not irl)

topleybird 03-08-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4501705)
When I was your age and lazy about school, I did myself everyone a favor and dropped out.

Goddamn, this is devastating

Had to do it to em

Elphenor 03-08-2019 12:23 PM

dropped the elbow

queenoftheswine 03-08-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4501681)
My cat was begging for potato chips and I was distracted and didnít really think about it because I was doing some heinous reading for Uni and then before I knew it, the inevitable happened, and there I was, about to knock on my parentsí bedroom door and call out Mum, Dad, the cat threw up and then I realised fuck. Iím 39. Nobody is coming to help me, I have to clean up this fucking cat spew all by myself

Fucking millenials.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4501705)
When I was your age and lazy about school, I did myself everyone a favor and dropped out. There are better ways to spend your time than going to school to avoid doing work and getting lousy grades because of it.

This kind of stuff lessens the value education, which is silly to do because it costs so much--for most people. And not liking a class is not an excuse to be lazy, especially when other people are relying on you to do your work.

What effect do you expect this to have on them? Have you thought of the possibility that they might just lol and carry on being useless? I've never had any hope in people actually getting their shit together when it comes to group work.

Elphenor 03-08-2019 12:58 PM

group work made me anxious in elementary school and it still makes me anxious today

because sometimes you have to "pick your group"

this actually led to a case in high school where I ended up with no group at all and just took a Zero for a project

Elphenor 03-08-2019 01:00 PM

and also last time I did a group project I did a whole additional project by myself as a back up just in case anyone flaked

no faith, no chances

ilikeplanets 03-08-2019 04:22 PM

In college I did most of the work myself in group projects because I did not trust anyone else with my grades. In high school I was the flake.

vixnix 03-08-2019 05:14 PM

I have group work, but Iím in a group with an international PhD student from Brazil who is on sabbatical from his law practice, an international student from Delhi, and a Maori student from a local iwi who is very invested in the coursework. Iím the flaky sleep deprived mother returning to work, who didnít manage to finish the weekís readings and checks her phone every five minutes to see if her teenage son has arrived on campus from his after school trombone lesson yet

Doesnít feel that great surprisingly

vixnix 03-08-2019 05:15 PM

Weíve had one week of lectures and Iím already very behind and thinking about dropping out

Yay for vixnix, the flake loser millennial dropout

yo soy el mejor 03-08-2019 05:40 PM

this girl walked up to me at walgreen's and told me i had a warm aura and wanted to read my palm for $60. girl, please. get off my aura. all talkin' about venmo and whatnot like i have a smartphone and would be willing to pay if only it were just a little easier to do so. pshaw.

ilikeplanets 03-08-2019 05:57 PM

del

ilikeplanets 03-08-2019 06:04 PM

double del

Catherine Wheel 03-08-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4501741)
this girl walked up to me at walgreen's and told me i had a warm aura and wanted to read my palm for $60. girl, please. get off my aura. all talkin' about venmo and whatnot like i have a smartphone and would be willing to pay if only it were just a little easier to do so. pshaw.

This is your cue rbg. You pay that phone bill sheís all yours. And you can have beautiful half Latino / half Jewish babies with her. Donít sleep on this. Sheís talking about her period in here too. Hint hint

Catherine Wheel 03-08-2019 07:01 PM

I’m paying several different phone bills at the moment so I’m not interested

yo soy el mejor 03-08-2019 07:07 PM

^chump

your reading comprehension skillz are da worst. ain't nobody need no phone bill paid.

FoolofaTook 03-08-2019 07:14 PM

amazing

Catherine Wheel 03-08-2019 07:16 PM

Rbg is Jewish so you know he’s good for it.

And I am a chump for paying several phone bills. I admit that. No shame in my game

Catherine Wheel 03-08-2019 07:35 PM

You can get Tom to pay for half the phone bill and rbg to pay for other half

buzzard 03-08-2019 07:49 PM

Oh, that's tragic. You're being taken for a ride and have somehow convinced yourself it's living the good life.

Catherine Wheel 03-08-2019 07:51 PM

I don’t pay the phone bill when they are on their period. Cus that’s not time I’m actually spending with them

buzzard 03-08-2019 07:55 PM

Yes, I have heard of these phone plans that allow opting out of funding a handful of days per month.

smashingjj 03-08-2019 08:10 PM

tom?

Mals Marola 03-08-2019 08:11 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022