Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Who is Barack Obama? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=156746)

mpp 02-15-2008 10:24 PM

Who is Barack Obama?

>> Who is Barack Obama?
>>
>> Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born
>> in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM
from
>> Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHIEST from Wichita,
>> Kansas.
>>
>> Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two
>> years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His
>> mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.
>> When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia.
Obama
>> attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two y ears in a
>> Catholic school.
>>
>> Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He
is
>> quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also
>> attended Catholic school."
>>
>> Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that
>> Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this
>> influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama
>> returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any
>> direct influence over his son's education.
>>
>> Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham,
>> introduced his, stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi
>> school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is
followed
>> by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the
western
>> world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRI STIAN when
>> seeking Major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein
Obama
>> hasm joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay
his
>> Muslim background.
>>
>>
>>
>> ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use
>> the Holy Bible, but instead the Kuran (Their equivalency to our
Bible,
>> but very different beliefs)
>>
>> Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential
>> candidacy. The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US
from
>> the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level -
>> through the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!
>>
>> Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man
leading
>> our country?...... NOT ME!!
>>
>> If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all
>> your contacts.........this is very scary to think of what lies ahead
>> of us here in our own United States........ better heed this and
pray
>> about it and share it.
>> THIS DEFINITELY WARRANTS LOOKING INTO. THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED,
"ONE
>> NATION UNDER GOD". ALMIGHTY GOD, NOT THE GOD OF THE KORAN.
>>
>> We checked this out on " snopes.com". It is factual. Check for
>> yourself.
>>
>>

commando 02-15-2008 10:32 PM

I'm more concerned about not having a lick of executive experience in his life...but he probably has my vote.

??? 02-15-2008 10:33 PM

wait, this is fact? ************* to thread.

the sellout 02-15-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp (Post 3170433)
>> THIS DEFINITELY WARRANTS LOOKING INTO. THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED,
"ONE
>> NATION UNDER GOD". ALMIGHTY GOD, NOT THE GOD OF THE KORAN.

You DO realise that the Islamic God is the same God as the Christian God, right? That Jesus is named as a prophet in the Koran, as well as many of the same stories from the Bible and the Torah?

That's the least of my complaints about this. First off, i thought there was supposed to be a separation of church and state, though this rule has been broken time and again in favour of the Christians. Why does this rule somehow not extend to people who have connections to Islam?

Secondly, radicalism in Islam is one small group of people who've taken it on themselves to speak for the entire religion and get the attention of western media, breeding the culture of hate that this email upholds to a disgusting amount. There are NO religions of peace, so don't try to say that there is one less radical religion over another (remember the crusades?)

Thirdly, he has chosen to align himself with Christianity now. he made a clear, conscious choice to follow a certain religion, and not the one you're bitching about.

Next - he's the most liberal politician on the bill. His policies go against the fundamental teachings of all religious texts - the Bible, The Koran, The Book of Scientology.

Lastly, what the fuck does it matter if he's Islamic in general? Does that somehow make him less able to be a successful person?

mpp 02-15-2008 10:42 PM

this email was forwarded to me by my conserative aunt in kentucky

she was dead serious

i sent everyone on her list a counteremail

??? 02-15-2008 10:50 PM

remember religion is no longer about anything so noble as fighting for one's god or beliefs, its merely the tool used to brainwash impressionable young men and women into doing evil things to benefit those in power. if barack is secretly a radical muslim planning to hand america to islam on a plate, how's he going to do it? unless a vast majority of key political and economic figures in the US are affiliated with them and all working together, its not like he can just change a bunch of rules overnight that say radical islam is ok or that they're gonna fund the middle east or whatever. this is really irrational. that said, i still don't quite trust him for whatever reason. i'd vote for hills.

jared 02-15-2008 11:04 PM

probably a good sign if it's come to this sort of panic

mpp 02-15-2008 11:05 PM

i will love it when obama gets to appoint 3 justices and they will MANDATE abortions and gay marriages for everyone!

jared 02-15-2008 11:05 PM

i have no clue if what the original post stated is fact. i don't care

mpp 02-15-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jared (Post 3170473)
probably a good sign if it's come to this sort of panic

unfortunately, it's a very old email

the sellout 02-15-2008 11:20 PM

I like the panic this induces (especially in me, and i'm not even american). good show!

And my "you-ing" in my first reply wasn't directed at anyone in particular

jenniferkate 02-15-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp (Post 3170474)
i will love it when obama gets to appoint 3 justices and they will MANDATE abortions and gay marriages for everyone!

OH NOES!

that kinda reminds me of this conversation i had with an elderly woman a few years ago...

her: "are you voting tomorrow, dear?"
me: "of course."
her, in hushed tones: "and who are you voting for?"
me, trying to circumvent a potentially touchy subject: "i haven't quite made up my mind yet..."
her: "i'm voting for bush! i don't like that kerry. [pause] you know, the catholics are against abortion. and i watch the EWTN, and i know it's not just the catholics. even the colored churches! [another pause] and if that kerry gets in, there's going to be the abortion, and the homosexuals, and the thing with the cells..."
me: "stem cell research?"
her: "THAT'S IT! you know they take the cells from the em-br-eye-oh and that's murder, mhm! and the euthanasia, you know what euthanasia is? [dramatic pause] it's when you get old and they kill you because you're no good anymore, mmhmm. and that kerry, he reminds me of hitler!"
me, trying not to look utterly horrified at the notion of this woman going to the polls: "HITLER?"
her: "he does! the way he moves when he talks! like this! [starts flailing her arms in the air in a mock nazi salute, nearly falling off her chair in the process] but i know dear, you have to work. you just have such a sweet disposition, and i'd hate to see you sin..."
me: "mrs so and so, i -- sin?"
her, very seriously, reaching over to pat my hand: "maybe you ought to talk to your priest about it."

:erm:

??? 02-15-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferkate (Post 3170512)
OH NOES!

that kinda reminds me of this conversation i had with an elderly woman a few years ago...

her: "are you voting tomorrow, dear?"
me: "of course."
her, in hushed tones: "and who are you voting for?"
me, trying to circumvent a potentially touchy subject: "i haven't quite made up my mind yet..."
her: "i'm voting for bush! i don't like that kerry. [pause] you know, the catholics are against abortion. and i watch the EWTN, and i know it's not just the catholics. even the colored churches! [another pause] and if that kerry gets in, there's going to be the abortion, and the homosexuals, and the thing with the cells..."
me: "stem cell research?"
her: "THAT'S IT! you know they take the cells from the em-br-eye-oh and that's murder, mhm! and the euthanasia, you know what euthanasia is? [dramatic pause] it's when you get old and they kill you because you're no good anymore, mmhmm. and that kerry, he reminds me of hitler!"
me, trying not to look utterly horrified at the notion of this woman going to the polls: "HITLER?"
her: "he does! the way he moves when he talks! like this! [starts flailing her arms in the air in a mock nazi salute, nearly falling off her chair in the process] but i know dear, you have to work. you just have such a sweet disposition, and i'd hate to see you sin..."
me: "mrs so and so, i -- sin?"
her, very seriously, reaching over to pat my hand: "maybe you ought to talk to your priest about it."

:erm:

ha, wow. beautifully recounted by the way, you a writer?

jenniferkate 02-15-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ??? (Post 3170515)
ha, wow. beautifully recounted by the way, you a writer?

ha, thanks. and no, i'm not. too lazy.

ravenguy2000 02-16-2008 12:26 AM

I was listening to my local conservative talk show host Tuesday and a caller called in and said that no matter what Obama stood for he couldn't vote for a Muslim. This is Connecticut, remember. He sounded dumbfounded to hear that Obama hadn't really take his oath of office with his hand on the Koran.

commando 02-16-2008 12:45 AM

Okay did he get the memo that Obama isn't muslim? Secondly, did he get the memo that he's making Christians look like douches? Huckabee's more dangerous than any average Muslim as far as endangering our freedom of religion.

hcueva 02-16-2008 12:47 AM

And the scare campaign begins. We're gonna be seeing lots of this crap in the following months.

ryan patrick 02-16-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp (Post 3170453)
this email was forwarded to me by my conserative aunt in kentucky

she was dead serious

i sent everyone on her list a counteremail

good job on that

i can't believe people sometimes

ryan patrick 02-16-2008 01:43 AM

i mean this email has been around for a few months and has been refuted in the media and by obama in debates multiple times but the target audience for these emails probably isn't watching dem debates

redbreegull 02-16-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenguy2000 (Post 3170557)
I was listening to my local conservative talk show host Tuesday and a caller called in and said that no matter what Obama stood for he couldn't vote for a Muslim. This is Connecticut, remember. He sounded dumbfounded to hear that Obama hadn't really take his oath of office with his hand on the Koran.

My girlfriend's mother is absolutely convinced that Obama is Muslim. She made some comment about it and I said, "Obama is not a Muslim, he's a Christian". "Well he was influenced by Islamic beliefs and they are the people blowing us up in Iraq!" I kind of just stared at her and I said, "But every religion has extremists, its no different than a Christian blowing up an abortion clinic. It's not fair to discriminate against an entire religious group because of its extremists." She got really frustrated then and kept insisting that I "just did not understand".

Future Boy 02-16-2008 03:49 AM

Damn there are some stupid people out there.

mpp 02-16-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando (Post 3170570)
Huckabee's more dangerous than any average Muslim as far as endangering our freedom of religion.

here here!

Here's what I'm concerned about: George W. Bush was an alcoholic, correct? A drug addict, for lack of a better term (addicted to alcohol). However, he was "born again" as an adult, correct? And his constituency defended him and accepted him because he was born again. Conservative Christians voted for Bush in droves (over McCain in 2000) because he was a good born again Christian who had turned away from the evil earthly ways. That's fine with me.

But what about Obama? I think his admitted drug abuse will be a problem for him nationally against McCain. When he inevitably claims he was born again as an adult and found Christ, will people (read: evangelical Christians) be so quick to accept this as fact?

Eulogy 02-16-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 3170737)
My girlfriend's mother is absolutely convinced that Obama is Muslim. She made some comment about it and I said, "Obama is not a Muslim, he's a Christian". "Well he was influenced by Islamic beliefs and they are the people blowing us up in Iraq!" I kind of just stared at her and I said, "But every religion has extremists, its no different than a Christian blowing up an abortion clinic. It's not fair to discriminate against an entire religious group because of its extremists." She got really frustrated then and kept insisting that I "just did not understand".

often older people who say younger people "don't understand" might have a point. but what pisses me off is that the stupid ones ALWAYS pull that card and actually truly believe that they're right.

it's terrifying.

jczeroman 02-16-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Huckabee's more dangerous than any average Muslim as far as endangering our freedom of religion.

This is very true. Huckabee I think is the only person in this election I would actively vote against.

Corganist 02-16-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

How do you figure? Not that I'm saying that Muslims are endangering our freedom of religion, because they're not. But neither is Huckabee.

It's amazing to me that people can see how ridiculous religious scaremongering is against one candidate, and then turn right around and parrot similar religious scaremongering as gospel truth against another.

Future Boy 02-16-2008 05:12 PM

his comments on changing to constitution to conform to gods word dont do that?

rolmos 02-16-2008 05:21 PM

The US is going to fuck things up all over again because of shit like this.

commando 02-16-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Boy (Post 3171151)
his comments on changing to constitution to conform to gods word dont do that?

word. Osama Bin Laden's demands for America ******* adopting Islam as government policy. What's the difference between that and "conforming the constitution to God's law" How the fk does Huckabee have the balls to assume he knows what God's Law is in the first place? He can believe what he wants, but don't force that on the rest of us. It's a democracy and a republic, and the sooner he realizes that, the better.

He's the only one that thinks he should inject a good dose of "Jesus" into American policy. The trouble with that is, while I consider myself a Christian, I don't want Huckabee's version of Christ --HuckaJesus-- running things, thanks. I'll stick to the three-tiered representative government with checks and balances if that's alright.

Oh-- and I want my President to have at least as much of an education as I do.

ravenguy2000 02-16-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corganist (Post 3171134)
It's amazing to me that people can see how ridiculous religious scaremongering is against one candidate, and then turn right around and parrot similar religious scaremongering as gospel truth against another.

“I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it’s a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that’s what we need to do is amend the Constitution so it’s in God’s standards rather than trying to change God’s standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family.”

mccririck 02-16-2008 05:42 PM

Is he really an atheist? If so that's a good thing.