Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

run2pee 10-29-2020 04:17 PM

Nope not yet, hope to be one day, tho

Does she have any links to the enertainment industry and/or washington? Does she even believe in the Lord?

yo soy el mejor 10-29-2020 04:40 PM

omg she def does not believe in the lord. she's a nurse and they're getting married in a cemetery omg. i knew my little bro liked anime and was into some anime nerd stuff but i didn't know it was this deep. i can't even right now...

yo soy el mejor 10-29-2020 04:44 PM

my moms is probably real jealous inside. apparently my lil bro told her several months ago this woman is the best thing that's ever happened to him and when my mother told me she said, "he's never said that about me" :[

in my head I was all like YEAH THAT WOULD BE WEIRD, DAMN

MyOneAndOnly 10-29-2020 06:53 PM

if they're happy and they have a healthy relationship it's not a big deal.

my GF is 17 years younger than me. The age difference rarely ever comes up between us, and I don't think people really notice it (most people think I'm a lot younger than I am). Except she has younger siblings in High School, which freaks me out sometimes.

buzzard 10-29-2020 11:34 PM

FuzzyStars.net are offering pretty decent odds on this chat turning sour.

Disco King 10-30-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4563873)
my moms is probably real jealous inside. apparently my lil bro told her several months ago this woman is the best thing that's ever happened to him and when my mother told me she said, "he's never said that about me" :[

in my head I was all like YEAH THAT WOULD BE WEIRD, DAMN

That some Jocasta complex shit.

Disco King 10-30-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4563908)
FuzzyStars.net are offering pretty decent odds on this chat turning sour.

Don't worry. If it does, I'll cut the tension by telling that joke I know.

smashingjj 10-30-2020 08:02 AM

my friend (band drummer)'s father just died of corona and she has it herself, too. he was in very bad health already but of course it's tough for her. she's an only child and now has to somehow take care of everything concerning her dad's death in quarantine.

Cool As Ice Cream 10-30-2020 08:47 AM

:(

ilikeplanets 10-31-2020 12:57 PM

Damn, I'm so sorry for her. I fucking despise this virus.

yo soy el mejor 11-02-2020 04:37 PM

my granny has it and it really cheeses me off at my family because they were irresponsible and acting as if family gatherings were nbd and family germs don't count. v glad i don't live in the state.

anyway, any richies got some extra money lying around to help feed the homeless and people with food insecurity?!

WEST GARFIELD PARK — A restaurant serving fresh, hot soul food has opened on the West Side — and all the food is free.

The Healthy Hot Free Meals restaurant provides free food for people in need and those impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Founder Jermaine Jordan is raising money on GoFundMe (https://www.gofundme.com/f/25eyr92yyo) so he can continue providing food to anybody who needs it.

For Jordan, the free meals are a way to improve food access in one of the communities hit hardest by the pandemic. Many businesses in West Garfield Park shut down over the summer, driving up the already staggering rates of unemployment and poverty in the area.

But many people were struggling to find healthy and affordable food to eat since long before the pandemic, Jordan said.

“Every day people come. They’re hungry. They want food and groceries because around here… it’s a food desert. You gotta go to Oak Park to get nice food,” Jordan said.
Jermaine Jordan preparing meals.

Jordan had been feeding community members even before he opened Healthy Hot Free Meals.

Jordan was regularly bringing meals to homeless encampments near Harrison Street and California Avenue, and to two shelters in the area. He also owns a neighborhood carwash, White Diamond Bubbles, 4532 W. Madison. Since many people experiencing homelessness often gathered around his business, he started making more and more food for them.

Taking care of the community has always been a core value for Jordan. His father was a chef who taught him to cook, so feeding people is his way of showing care for those in need. He is a West Side native who grew up in the Henry Horner public housing project in a family with 19 children.

“I knew what it meant to share and have the heart to help other people,” he said.

The Healthy Hot Free Meals restaurant was launched with profits earned at his carwash. A fundraiser to sustain the free restaurant has gathered more than $13,000, but Jordan is hoping to raise more money since the need for food in the area has only intensified as the pandemic resurges.

“It’s bigger than the pandemic. Even before, I was going out and feeding the homeless. But the pandemic made it worse,” he said.

The restaurant has also been helping provide hotel accommodations to people experiencing homelessness who have been exposed or infected with COVID-19 and need to isolate, Jordan said.

Jordan hired six employees to help run the restaurant. Many of the workers are people Jordan fed when they themselves were experiencing homelessness. A handful of volunteers also pitch in.

On a typical day, Jordan’s team gives away about 600 meals, and they pass out warm clothes and groceries to those who need them. But in recent days, the number of people coming for food has risen substantially.

A typical menu at the Health Hot Free Meals restaurant includes baked chicken, pot roast, potato salad, fresh veggies, beans and rice. Twice a week, Jordan cooks barbecue ribs. For dessert, Jordan makes peach cobbler and banana pudding.
Healthy Hot Free Meals passes out groceries to those who need them.
Provided

The restaurant also provides food for residents at a nearby senior center, Jordan said. Many older folks struggle to get groceries since there are few local, safe and accessible markets.

“I prepared 40 meals for the people there, but it still wasn’t enough,” he said. “So I made it my business today to make sure they had enough food after I fed the homeless people this morning.”

The Healthy Hot Free Meals restaurant is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily at 4100 W. Madison St.

The Healthy Free Hot Meals restaurant aims to raise $100,000 to pay for rent, utilities, wages and food supplies to keep feeding West Side residents. You can donate online.

Jordan is also seeking volunteers and donations of food and groceries. You can reach him for more information by emailing [email protected].

toase 11-12-2020 09:59 PM

I don't know if I'm old
or it's the 16 hours of work
maybe both
but I'm tired
/offmychest

run2pee 11-12-2020 10:27 PM

16 hrs is long af

i do about 8 physical 8 brainwork myself

It sux fux, barely even get a chance to be cancer on the SP community, anymore

toase 11-13-2020 07:03 PM

I'm so tired I'm feeling high, it's weird
It's like there is a peace now

FoolofaTook 11-16-2020 10:20 AM

I'm in Izmir now. They have beautiful mosques, delicious roasted eggplant, and defaced pictures of Macron conveniently plastered on the sidewalks for public stomping.

smashingjj 11-16-2020 10:24 AM

lol.

did you see wilders too?

yo soy el mejor 11-16-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toase (Post 4565384)
I'm so tired I'm feeling high, it's weird
It's like there is a peace now

yo soy el mejor 11-16-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Run To Me (Post 4565269)
16 hrs is long af

i do about 8 physical 8 brainwork myself

are you working 80 hours a week or something?

yo soy el mejor 11-16-2020 06:09 PM

...just a reminder to consider gifting your regularly scheduled mail carrier if you can swing it. they might even accept baked goods depending on how they feel about germs and their trust level.

don't do a christmas gift, though, cause they might not celebrate the holiday. obvs.

reprise85 11-16-2020 06:22 PM

what's the best way to gift, just some cash? my mailbox doesn't have a flag or anything to indicate a "letter" to send, gonna have to think of something creative so none of my neighbors yoink it

yo soy el mejor 11-16-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4565698)
what's the best way to gift, just some cash? my mailbox doesn't have a flag or anything to indicate a "letter" to send, gonna have to think of something creative so none of my neighbors yoink it

cash is king, but i am trying to think about something small and thoughtful a carrier would find useful to accompany it. i thought about liquor, but that might get them in trouble. luckily we can see our mailbox from the front window so we can catch the guy if we want.

maybe you can leave the gift in your mailbox with a note saying it's for them.

smashingjj 11-17-2020 02:33 PM

C33 has a daughter and he named her after me. little smashingjj is growing up fast.

yo soy el mejor 11-17-2020 03:21 PM

*edit gonna check urban dictionary

Disco King 11-17-2020 03:33 PM

Goddamn, I hate receiving free things for holidays I don't celebrate

ovary 11-17-2020 03:35 PM

one time i gave my mailman a bunch of radishes. old white dudes love radishes. it's like their healthy heroin

yo soy el mejor 11-17-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4565822)
Goddamn, I hate receiving free things for holidays I don't celebrate

just do it some time between thanksgiving and xmas to avoid any presumptions. plus, if they DO celebrate the holidays, they've got a little extra spending money for gifts, food, or whatnot.

win win win win win

slunken 11-17-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4565694)
...just a reminder to consider gifting your regularly scheduled mail carrier if you can swing it. they might even accept baked goods depending on how they feel about germs and their trust level.

don't do a christmas gift, though, cause they might not celebrate the holiday. obvs.

as someone who does a lot of mail order, i stand behind this. For years I've slipped a fiver in the mailbox every few months and also tip my mail counter people around the same.

if you're a jerk like me who is there every other day at least maybe they remember your face/name/street #

call me small time but i think being on a first name basis with your mail crew is super cool

shouts out denise, rhonda, and brian

slunken 11-17-2020 08:26 PM

i love the mail so much

FoolofaTook 11-18-2020 04:50 AM

As my time here draws to a close (three months was too short, like your dad's dong lol), I want to share with you my comrades a couple of songs I sung whilst gallumphing about the alleys of Turkic-land.

(To be sung at dinner-time, with fists pounding the table.)

FALAFEL DURUM

I want!
FALAFEL DURUM
I crave!
FALAFEL DURUM
I need!
FALAFEL DURUM
Give me!
FALAFEL DURUM

Durum! Durum!
FALAFEL DURUM
Durum! Durum!
FALAFEL DURUM
Durum! Durum!
FALAFEL DURUM
Durum! Durum!
FALAFEL DURUM

(This is a mumble rap.)

MERHABA

Merhaba, Merhaba,
Merhaba, Merhaba,
Merhaba, Merhaba,
Merhaba, Merhaba,
Merhaba, Merhaba,
Merhaba, Merhaba,
Merhaba, Merhaba,
Oy!

(Repeat 20x)

Joey Goldberg 11-18-2020 02:48 PM

wow, how'd you get a leak of those two unreleased Cyr songs?