Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

ovary 09-13-2022 11:35 PM

okay i flipped it. anyway.

ovary 09-13-2022 11:37 PM

so here's an articicile about sleep training: https://www.thecut.com/2022/09/sleep...te-tiktok.html

ovary 09-13-2022 11:42 PM

i had a dream last night i had a new office mate and she was blonde and beautiful and she would like to recline and finger herself while she sold me gossip and maybe that's all i've got for tonight: thoughts? questions?

ilikeplanets 09-13-2022 11:53 PM

Sleep training is a load of crap

ovary 09-13-2022 11:55 PM

nuff said

Disco King 09-14-2022 02:17 AM

I think there's something to it. By using complex machine-learning algorithms and a vast data set, computer scientists have been able to train their computers to sleep on command.

vixnix 09-14-2022 06:08 AM

When sleep training works it can be great, but when it doesn’t work it is so miserable for everyone involved and basically doesn’t end until the child is old enough to reason with, so maybe around 3. That’s a pretty long time to listen to all night crying and screaming

ilikeplanets 09-14-2022 08:16 AM

Anything that doesn't work for 3 years until you can try something else is crap

topleybird 09-14-2022 09:05 AM

Look, if Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt could do it in one continuous 22-minute take, I don't see what the fuck you're all struggling with

ilikeplanets 09-14-2022 11:29 AM

Who's struggling? When the kids wake up, I put on TV and give them candy so I can go back to sleep. Even the baby.

vixnix 09-14-2022 02:50 PM

Something I’m not sure about is when people says “she’s going to be a big sister soon” about their cat, and then they get a dog

smashingjj 09-14-2022 04:10 PM

I'm heartbroken. I feel anguish beyond all compare. My mind, soul and body are nothing but empty shells, I am but an echo of my former self. My life and all its purpose, meaning and joy have been robbed, and I fear my will to live shall never return. Words are but squiggles that will never have the power to portray how truly melancholy I am. When I heard the news, it's as if all the colour was looted from my world. All passion and happiness melted before my very eyes. Since her majesty's death, I only see black and white, pain and misery, hopelessness and suffering.
Oh, my queen. My heart and the heart of the nation longs for you. We grieve for you. You were our rock, our foundation. I deeply fear for the outcome of our planet now that you are not here to guide us with your goddess-like wisdom. The nation is inconsolable, it weeps for our queen.

slunken 09-14-2022 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4356664)
did you miss the thread where I told everyone about my 7 girlfriends

Joey Goldberg 09-14-2022 07:24 PM

lol.... smashingj

STOPPPPPP joking

pls...

slunken 09-16-2022 08:40 PM

So here is my crazy over the top date.

It started by picking her up at 8am. I was dressed as a pirate. Rang the door bell and her father open the door; he was a real good sport with me wearing the pirate outfit. Briana smiled when she saw me all dressed up. I then gave her 6 necklaces made of seashells for her to wear on our island adventure. I took her to my “black pearl” and we “sailed away” to our 1st island. But before we sailed away I made sure to get out of that pirate get up.

I had breakfast waiting for her in the car (fruit, orange juice & banana bread from Starbucks). Along w/ an itinerary of our date, telling her how far things were and what time we were suppose to get there by. And the itinerary was actually extremely accurate. I also made her a CD as I always do for my dates. I called the CD “200 Miles (around the world)”; Google maps had calculated 200 miles to be how far we would travel for our date.

The 1st place we stopped at was Treasure Island; this is a small artificial island located in the San Francisco Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Island,_CA) where we walked around and took some pictures. We actually found this beautiful gazebo and took a picture there

We then went back to my car where I put down the top and I taught her how to drive my car which is a manual stick shift. She did REALLY well.

SuckSuckStyle 09-18-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4601311)
So here is my crazy over the top date.

It started by picking her up at 8am. I was dressed as a pirate. Rang the door bell and her father open the door; he was a real good sport with me wearing the pirate outfit. Briana smiled when she saw me all dressed up. I then gave her 6 necklaces made of seashells for her to wear on our island adventure. I took her to my “black pearl” and we “sailed away” to our 1st island. But before we sailed away I made sure to get out of that pirate get up.

I had breakfast waiting for her in the car (fruit, orange juice & banana bread from Starbucks). Along w/ an itinerary of our date, telling her how far things were and what time we were suppose to get there by. And the itinerary was actually extremely accurate. I also made her a CD as I always do for my dates. I called the CD “200 Miles (around the world)”; Google maps had calculated 200 miles to be how far we would travel for our date.

The 1st place we stopped at was Treasure Island; this is a small artificial island located in the San Francisco Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Island,_CA) where we walked around and took some pictures. We actually found this beautiful gazebo and took a picture there

We then went back to my car where I put down the top and I taught her how to drive my car which is a manual stick shift. She did REALLY well.

But what about the other islands?

Do you drive a Miata?

ilikeplanets 09-20-2022 09:36 PM

Kid has been at kindergarten for a week and we're already both sick. Hoping somehow the baby doesn't also get sick. This is gonna be a LONG cold and flu season. Ugh.

vixnix 09-23-2022 05:58 AM

One good thing about your life being in the toilet is the sense of camaraderie you feel with all the other people who have been in the same place, some of whom are heroes

vixnix 09-23-2022 05:59 AM

Like Conan O’Brien

And Warren Zevon

Maybe I should have started another thread

vixnix 09-23-2022 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4602328)
Kid has been at kindergarten for a week and we're already both sick. Hoping somehow the baby doesn't also get sick. This is gonna be a LONG cold and flu season. Ugh.

Hope you are both feeling better and the baby didn’t get it….

yo soy el mejor 09-23-2022 09:58 AM

i say just keep wearing masks. they protect from more than covid.

but i s'pose you can't depend on the other kids and parents to do the same, so really you're just protecting them but no one is protecting you. oy vey. forget it!

ilikeplanets 09-23-2022 12:53 PM

She would literally be the only student in the entire school with one, since the mandate was dropped. So there's no point. They're allowed at school with most symptoms, except a fever and vomiting/diarrhea, so I'm sure this is only the first of many. I'm wearing my mask at home when sick, hoping that will maybe help. I don't think it's a battle I can win, though. We're not terribly ill, but I'm trying to spare my 3 month old from having a cold.

ilikeplanets 09-23-2022 12:58 PM

I was more commenting on the extreme rapid pace with which she caught something. Literally immediately. We haven't been sick in years due to masks and isolation, so I forgot how fun this is.

ovary 09-23-2022 10:22 PM

i had a chin pimple, a deep one. i nursed it all day at work, feeling its tender itchy edges with the tips of my fingers, dreaming of a later proper pop post-shower, warm and naked in my steaming bathroom. but then suddenly stopped at a red light on the way home a wave of desire broke over me. i flipped down the vizor and admired my bump in the mirror, shiny and red. no whitehead was visible, but i knew a flooding cavern lurked beneath, pressurized and ready. my hands flew to my chin and i squeezed once: pain! we were close. a deep breath and i squeezed again, harder this time, and a pert explosion ripped through the vehicle. "uuoohhhhhgggh," i rumbled, exhausted, shaking as the light turned green. disoriented, i moved through the intersection, shivering, moaning, my gaping chin dribbling in the rearview. "whew," i sighed, merging onto the interstate as my spine twisted one final quiver. "i will remember this," i whispered.

yo soy el mejor 09-24-2022 02:36 PM

sad

SuckSuckStyle 09-26-2022 11:10 PM

There’s a bed/mattress mega-store in my hometown called “Sleep Train”

They invested in one of the concert/sports venues and it was renamed Sleep Train Amphitheatre.

I’d say you should bring your babies there but they tore it down a few weeks ago to build some ticky tack housing.

I saw the pumpkins there in 96.

AND SESAME STREET LIVE IN 87!

slunken 09-27-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuckSuckStyle (Post 4603327)
There’s a bed/mattress mega-store in my hometown called “Sleep Train”

They invested in one of the concert/sports venues and it was renamed Sleep Train Amphitheatre.!

incredible

there's an amphitheater near me that just renamed itself "MEGACORP PAVILION"

straight out of Robocop

slunken 09-27-2022 05:42 PM

god i hope sleep train licensed the quad city dj's song "c'mon ride it (the train)" for their commercials

MyOneAndOnly 09-28-2022 03:43 AM

4 years ago I had Facial Feminization Surgery. It included moving my scalp forward, reconstructing my nose, reducing my chin and jaw, and a bunch of smaller procedures which took 10 hours in an OR. It turned out to be a much more traumatic experience than I expected. The post op pain and recovery lasted months. And today I still have mild nerve damage in my face from it.

But, I have not been misgendered since my surgery. That's partly also to 2 years of voice therapy. My voice sounds like what cis straight people expect a female voice to sound.

Yesterday I had a "revision" followup surgery on my face. My face swelled so much from the original FFS surgery that I had some drooping skin along my jaw. That skin was tightened and I had the space between my nose and upper lip reduced. I also had 2000 hairs from the back of my head grafted to my forehead to feminize my hairline.

For my first surgery I was unconscious for a total of 11.5 hours. That's a long time to be under, and that alone takes a long time to recover from. This surgery was smaller, faster (2hr) surgery was done while I technically was awake. I was under a Heavy dose of Fentanyl and Ketamine (plus local anesthetic injected into my face) while my face was cut open and moved and manipulated. It was the most bizarre drug trip I"ve ever experienced.

There was virtually no pain. And the Ketamine gave me a psychedelic trip. I could hear the surgeon the whole time, but all I could see (my eyes were closed) was a weird series of visions that was comparable to what I've experienced on acid, except without the dread and anxiety I get from LSD.

I'm recovering now in bed. Everything went very well. But I'm very freaked out by the experience. I've never had Fentanyl, and certainly not via IV. And I see now how addictive it is. It creates a type of physical high that's not comparable to other opiates like hydrocodone. I understand how so many people become addicted to it.

Also, Ketamine is the shit. Wow. I want more. LOL. I wonder what it would feel like without the massive dose of Fentanyl.

ilikeplanets 09-28-2022 08:45 AM

Congrats on the successful surgery. Coincidentally, I was watching a show related to massive facial surgery tonight and thought of what you endured. Go you!

I've done ketamine without fentanyl a few times and enjoyed it, though I wouldn't say I ever had a huge dose. I preferred it's cousin, MXE, and never had a bad experience on either. It's technically a dissociative and not a hallucinogen...so perhaps that explains the lack of anxiety since it's more calming to the body. I also recall distorted sounds and really got a kick out of that.

MyOneAndOnly 09-28-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4603547)
Congrats on the successful surgery. Coincidentally, I was watching a show related to massive facial surgery tonight and thought of what you endured. Go you!

I've done ketamine without fentanyl a few times and enjoyed it, though I wouldn't say I ever had a huge dose. I preferred it's cousin, MXE, and never had a bad experience on either. It's technically a dissociative and not a hallucinogen...so perhaps that explains the lack of anxiety since it's more calming to the body. I also recall distorted sounds and really got a kick out of that.

That makes sense cause I felt very disassociated. That's a good way to describe it. In a good way.

topleybird 09-28-2022 12:03 PM

Very glad the surgery went well, but I'm amazed you're alive. So many of our brave cops have very nearly died after touching even just a single grain of fentanyl or possibly an object that may have been in the same room as that grain in the past two weeks... you must be incredibly strong...

ilikeplanets 09-28-2022 12:31 PM

I think Fentanyl sucks. Every time they've given me some at the hospital, it never touched my pain and they switched to Dilaudid and Oxy. Much better. I realize that Fentanyl is more potent, but my body doesn't seem to get the message.

yo soy el mejor 09-28-2022 06:10 PM

fentanyl is cut into everything and apparently 80% of opiod related deaths in IL are due to fentanyl. the health clinic at my work gives out narcam and stuff that can be administered when someone overdoses. keep those synthetic opioids away from me, thanks!

i've seen too many overdoses just living in chicago ffs

yo soy el mejor 09-28-2022 06:18 PM

tommy and i are considered adopting a cat this weekend and i am torn between two cats. one is a young man (says he's an adult, but looks about 3 or 4 to me) named boris and the other is a tailless black kitten named chocolate chip muffins (would get changed to C.C. Muffins, maybe).

boris

his description:
HAAAYYYYY Minions.
I am looking for an experienced forever lackey. I am clearly very capable, but lack of opposable thumbs doesn’t allow me to open wet cans of cat food

miss muffins

her description:
Chocolate Chip Muffin is a stunning 5 month old mini black panther girl. She came into rescue with her tail that needed to be amputated. Chocolate Chip is all set with her bags packed, waiting for her forever home.

Chocolate Chip Muffin is very playful, gentle, sweet and loves everyone! Would you like to be her forever home?

absolutely no way to decide based on looks so i've asked to meet both this weekend. @_@ probs just gonna make it harder

slunken 09-28-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4603599)

love this game

ilikeplanets 09-28-2022 07:58 PM

I like descriptors like gentle and sweet, so if that holds true when you meet her, Muffins sounds wonderful. But Boris seems like the right kind of intimidating. Can you get 2??

teh b0lly!!1 09-29-2022 02:45 PM

got a real weakness for mischievous black furballs