Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

FoolofaTook 12-22-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4571240)
It might have been "pasta base," a byproduct of the cocaine manufacturing process. I think it is referred to as "basuco" in Colombia.

I'm not sure. It looked like little chunks of white stuff or maybe powder? They were smoking it out of pipes with foil bowls. Tbh I was a little scared even though there were tons of normal ppl around as well. The addicts look feral, poor bastards.

On the bright side, I think I've seen more ppl smoking joints/blunts than cigarettes. Praise HIM!

run2pee 12-22-2020 10:41 PM

Woah i just sharted too, not on the furniture thank f, but enough to spot thru my undies to the inside of my (thankfully) thick shorts

What's happening to us, why all the sharts all the sudden??? it's been years since my last

reprise85 12-23-2020 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4571260)
I'm not sure. It looked like little chunks of white stuff or maybe powder? They were smoking it out of pipes with foil bowls. Tbh I was a little scared even though there were tons of normal ppl around as well. The addicts look feral, poor bastards.

probably crack or basuco

could be meth but less likely

FoolofaTook 12-23-2020 10:54 AM

yeah i thought crack because, you know, colombia

lol

FoolofaTook 12-23-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Run To Me (Post 4571262)
Woah i just sharted too

Ram27 12-23-2020 06:44 PM

new toy

smashingjj 12-27-2020 01:59 AM

after 38 years, I've decided not to go for a career in pro football. It's just not my thing after all.

smashingjj 12-27-2020 02:00 AM

this is a tough moment, though. anyone else have an idea for what I might do with my life instead?

smashingjj 12-27-2020 02:20 AM

hello?!

smashingjj 12-27-2020 02:20 AM

great. guess I'll kill myself.

FoolofaTook 12-27-2020 09:18 AM

cool ur jets, take a couple of microhits, and give ur gooch a nice long rub.

buzzard 12-27-2020 05:33 PM

How's that SG working out for you, Ramón Crudo?

Can you feel the difference in scale length between that and the Jazzmaster?

smashingjj 12-27-2020 07:03 PM

I am a human traffic light

Ram27 12-28-2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4571647)
How's that SG working out for you, Ramón Crudo?

Can you feel the difference in scale length between that and the Jazzmaster?

never been entirely sure what scale length is [!] but i know the JM felt cumbersome in so many ways to play and the SG feels sturdy and tight in the best possible connotation.

sold the JM a few months ago, i bought it basically cause i think it looks awesome and all the shoegaze meme groups i'm on talk about it. don't think i ever found one irl to try out properly before buying one on reverb [and to a degree you always feel a bit uncomfortable demoing guitars in a foreign environment anyway]

vixnix 12-28-2020 07:34 AM

Took I know it is rude to ask you what I’m about to ask you and I’m sorry. But I can’t help wondering how much you make per week, in US dollars? You seem to be a perpetual tourist. How is that not very expensive? I make money at my job and it just disappears right in front of my eyes. I can’t afford anything.

I can’t believe 2020 is nearly over.

smashingjj 12-28-2020 08:00 AM

he's white you know, that means he doesn't have to pay for anything.

buzzard 12-28-2020 08:07 AM

He is presumably on a cult outreach ride-along paid for by the Adventists or whichever one it is in this case, largely brought along in a sort of supervision-for-travel transaction proffered by the padres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram27 (Post 4571674)
never been entirely sure what scale length is [!] but i know the JM felt cumbersome in so many ways to play and the SG feels sturdy and tight in the best possible connotation.

sold the JM a few months ago, i bought it basically cause i think it looks awesome and all the shoegaze meme groups i'm on talk about it. don't think i ever found one irl to try out properly before buying one on reverb [and to a degree you always feel a bit uncomfortable demoing guitars in a foreign environment anyway]

I guess it'd be defined as the distance between the nut and the bridge / the length of "playable" string?

Definitely with you on finding it uncomfortable trying stuff out off home soil, which is probably why I've not done much in the way of direct comparison. The SG would be 0.75" shorter than your Jazzmaster was and I'm sort of wondering how obvious that difference really feels because I don't see myself finding many Jaguars here to get an idea of what the 1.00" drop would be like in my case.

ovary 12-28-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4571684)
I make money at my job and it just disappears right in front of my eyes.

see that's your problem! relying on wages for money is a fool's game.

Disco King 12-28-2020 09:00 PM

How do I into investing

FoolofaTook 12-28-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4571684)
Took I know it is rude to ask you what I’m about to ask you and I’m sorry. But I can’t help wondering how much you make per week, in US dollars? You seem to be a perpetual tourist. How is that not very expensive? I make money at my job and it just disappears right in front of my eyes. I can’t afford anything.

I can’t believe 2020 is nearly over.

I make around $2,000 - 3,000 a month.

Hotel is $500 a month. Food is less than $500 a month. Roundtrip airfare is usually under $1,000. So I can travel for three months for $4,000 - $5,000. There's no way I could live in the States on that much. I actually am saving money this way.

Plus who the hell would rent to me in the US? Four felonies, massive debt, and no landlord recs ...

FoolofaTook 12-28-2020 09:32 PM

Imho the key is to shop, eat, and stay where the locals do. And to go to developing countries where your money is worth what, four or five times what it is in the US.

FoolofaTook 12-28-2020 09:37 PM

There are digital nomads who just do some blogging or something, just the minimum and live off of like $1,000 a month, stay at hostels and go from country to country.

Like this one blogger. She's traveled all over the world on a shoestring budget, Central Asia, South Asia, South America, etc. She's hardcore though.

https://www.lostwithpurpose.com/about/

Ram27 12-28-2020 09:48 PM

that's fucking awesome took; i'm very jealous

i've stayed in hostels before in the US and have enjoyed it, never felt the need to spring for a proper hotel, as long as i have white noise to block out snoring i'm good

but i feel like doing it out of the country would be a fairly heavy amount of culture shock and a bit scary, especially in non-english speaking nations

smashingjj 12-28-2020 09:52 PM

bunch of fuckin honkies

FoolofaTook 12-28-2020 09:52 PM

I actually stay in 3 star hotels or hostels that have single rooms. I work all day online so I need a workspace.

This is where I am staying now:

https://www.booking.com/hotel/co/col...utique.es.html

FoolofaTook 12-28-2020 09:54 PM

Most people are nice Ram. The worst is some ppl laugh when they see my goofy ass stumbling around. Nothing new about that lol.

reprise85 12-28-2020 10:52 PM

digital nomad yo

reprise85 12-28-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4571718)
I make around $2,000 - 3,000 a month.

Hotel is $500 a month. Food is less than $500 a month. Roundtrip airfare is usually under $1,000. So I can travel for three months for $4,000 - $5,000. There's no way I could live in the States on that much. I actually am saving money this way.

Plus who the hell would rent to me in the US? Four felonies, massive debt, and no landlord recs ...

digital nomad yo

reprise85 12-28-2020 10:55 PM

In 10 years or so I might try the digital nomad thing. Once my cat/mom is dead (leaving this just for you took) and therapist is retired, lol

I made so much more this year than any year in my life, working online. Of course it took time building up work to do but 100% worth it, now I hire a programmer to make my life easier on hard stuff and am learning myself to level up my proficiency.

Although you do actual work requiring specific skills. I do lots of things that I get good at and would have a hard time marketing myself. But so far so good.

It has been really hard letting myself have these last two weeks of the year working only a little but I have done OK I think.

FoolofaTook 12-28-2020 11:21 PM

If you did, you would be on a whole nother lvl. You make so much you could go to Japan or maybe one of those Nordic countries ninsp is trying to expatriate to. You wouldn't have to wash your socks in the sink and eat cold beans out of the can like I do!

Ram27 12-28-2020 11:29 PM

i think now i really wanna do this too lol. i have a tiny bit saved for a trip [was planning on chicago once baseball starts again, see a few series, see corgan's tea shop, etc etc]. but shit, 2 weeks at that place, took, is like $250. that's amazing. that's relatively doable if i dedicate more savings to it and get more work tasks to do -- i'm nowhere near reprise level of course but it's better than nothing

Ram27 12-28-2020 11:31 PM

it's just hard to plan or dream right now with all the restrictions

at least that's how my brain works

MyOneAndOnly 12-28-2020 11:49 PM

if i could i would go to Iceland for a year. They allow residency visas for foreigners who work remotely. Also, Svalbard for at least a summer... no Visa required there, and I would like to see the Arctic Circle.

unfortunately, once we're all vaccinated i'm pretty sure my company is going to requires us back in our cubicles every day.

run2pee 12-29-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571732)
if i could i would go to Iceland for a year. They allow residency visas for foreigners who work remotely. Also, Svalbard for at least a summer... no Visa required there, and I would like to see the Arctic Circle.

unfortunately, once we're all vaccinated i'm pretty sure my company is going to requires us back in our cubicles every day.

Nah fuk that u gotta demand your rights! The world has changed

FoolofaTook 12-29-2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571732)
They allow residency visas for foreigners who work remotely.

Yeah this is happening more and more. Croatia either just got one or is about to. And one of the Baltic countries has the same thing.

Then there are countries that just let you stay for a long time on a tourist visa. Six months for India and Mexico. 12 fucking months for Vietnam.

Talk to Reprise Ram. She can help you get started working remotely. If you start working on it now, you'll be ready to go once you are vaccinated!

FoolofaTook 12-29-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Run To Me (Post 4571734)
The world has changed

Ram27 12-29-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4571735)
Yeah this is happening more and more. Croatia either just got one or is about to. And one of the Baltic countries has the same thing.

Then there are countries that just let you stay for a long time on a tourist visa. Six months for India and Mexico. 12 fucking months for Vietnam.

Talk to Reprise Ram. She can help you get started working remotely. If you start working on it now, you'll be ready to go once you are vaccinated!

oh she's helped me a ton! it's just that the main thing i'm doing isn't giving me much work, and amazon fucking hates me apparently; i sent them a fax and everything and they keep saying 'you are not and never will be eligible to work for amazon' or something like that. most evil company there is

FoolofaTook 12-29-2020 12:51 AM

i do lionbridge ram. i had to study for a week or so and then took the test. for the first several months i was making around $500-$700. Now it's $1,200-$1,500. And I think the one reprise does, Appen, is even better.

https://careers.lionbridge.com/caree...903.1609217357

FoolofaTook 12-29-2020 12:52 AM

oh you can also go to jamaica for six months on no visa. :smoke:

in the kingdom of JAH
man shall reign ...

reprise85 12-29-2020 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4571729)
If you did, you would be on a whole nother lvl. You make so much you could go to Japan or maybe one of those Nordic countries ninsp is trying to expatriate to. You wouldn't have to wash your socks in the sink and eat cold beans out of the can like I do!

I don't make that much money... but it kinda looks like it's cheaper than South FL? https://borgenproject.org/five-facts...ving-in-japan/

I do really well for someone working from the seat of their pants at home but I'm not rolling it in or anything. And if I had a family it would be different but I have no responsibilities except disabling health conditions (yay!)