Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

reprise85 06-18-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4595314)
I somewhat unexpectedly had my baby a couple nights ago, we both should be leaving the hospital tomorrow. I'm sore as fuck but doing well. She's perfect. This hospital operates on skeleton crew, so I've been having to mostly take care of myself, which is my preference anyway. I'm feeling self-congratulatory at the moment. Making and birthing a whole human is hard!

congratulations

topleybird 06-18-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4595330)
i once snuck down the stairs and saw my dad eating my mom's pussy and it's the only memory i have of them together

Are you sure you're not just thinking of the subtext of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

slunken 06-18-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topleybird (Post 4595360)
Are you sure you're not just thinking of the subtext of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

tbh i wonder if it isn't the context of A WHOLE LOT of things

yo soy el mejor 06-19-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4595314)
I somewhat unexpectedly had my baby a couple nights ago, we both should be leaving the hospital tomorrow. I'm sore as fuck but doing well. She's perfect. This hospital operates on skeleton crew, so I've been having to mostly take care of myself, which is my preference anyway. I'm feeling self-congratulatory at the moment. Making and birthing a whole human is hard!

vaginas, man. they're incredible.

that is to say congrats

edit: oh shit. your babby is a gemini :rock_on:

slunken 06-19-2022 02:27 PM

shouts out to vaginas and astrology

teh b0lly!!1 06-19-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4595344)
congratulations

this

teh b0lly!!1 06-19-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topleybird (Post 4595310)

lol this is remarkably on point actually

ilikeplanets 06-19-2022 05:08 PM

Thanks guys! I'm having some serious post-op swelling but other than that, everything is going well. Thrilled to be able to drink coffee again. She's been an easy newborn so far!

I have a Leo and a Gemini. I'm a Pisces. I have a purple fish and a yellow/orange lion tattoo as representation for us, but I need to think of how to express Gemini without it being awkward. Twin human faces is definitely awkward. Maybe a silhouette of twins, or fairies or something? I have no idea!

Shallowed 06-20-2022 12:05 AM

congratulations :)

slunken 06-22-2022 06:34 PM

lol this is you

:D

slunken 06-22-2022 06:39 PM

also stop listening to rock and roll

vixnix 06-23-2022 09:46 PM

How are things going ilp? Hope you are getting some rest every now and then…

ilikeplanets 06-23-2022 11:57 PM

I'm okay, still sore from the C section but much better even in a week. I'm completely mobile and basically off the meds. I'm still swollen past the point of wearing shoes, but have been assured this is normal by my doctors, I don't have any blood clots, etc. I keep thinking of that Depressed Persian Man MadTV skit and his cankles.

I'm kind of sleeping here and there, I'm not at the point of crazy yet but am obviously tired. I am definitely ready for a full night's sleep again, but I've got a few months. I'm really happy though, so it's okay. I took off work for a couple weeks, so it will be interesting to add that back into the mix and see how it goes. I think I can handle it fine, I just won't have any extra housework done until things even out or my oldest goes to kindergarten. Thanks for asking! Not many people have bothered checking on me, but I don't take it personally because everyone is busy and my life isn't newsworthy. But it's always nice to be remembered out here in the whirlwind of newborn land! :)

slunken 06-24-2022 07:54 PM

so in love with this channel

slunken 06-24-2022 08:10 PM

MOVE, JUDY

slunken 06-24-2022 08:10 PM

I need this in my life right now

slunken 06-24-2022 08:21 PM

did i do that

love god love people may god bless you may god keep you

teh b0lly!!1 06-24-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4595800)
I'm okay, still sore from the C section but much better even in a week. I'm completely mobile and basically off the meds. I'm still swollen past the point of wearing shoes, but have been assured this is normal by my doctors, I don't have any blood clots, etc. I keep thinking of that Depressed Persian Man MadTV skit and his cankles.

I'm kind of sleeping here and there, I'm not at the point of crazy yet but am obviously tired. I am definitely ready for a full night's sleep again, but I've got a few months. I'm really happy though, so it's okay. I took off work for a couple weeks, so it will be interesting to add that back into the mix and see how it goes. I think I can handle it fine, I just won't have any extra housework done until things even out or my oldest goes to kindergarten. Thanks for asking! Not many people have bothered checking on me, but I don't take it personally because everyone is busy and my life isn't newsworthy. But it's always nice to be remembered out here in the whirlwind of newborn land! :)

hope you're doing ok! have you been able to get similac?

teh b0lly!!1 06-24-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4595824)
so in love with this channel

lol this rules

crazy how sitcoms now feel like archaic remnants from a different lifetime

ilikeplanets 06-25-2022 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4595857)
hope you're doing ok! have you been able to get similac?

Thank you! I'm doing really well :) I was able to stock up on a fair amount over the past few weeks. There isn't any brand consistency on the shelves, which is kind of nerve wracking because I have to just hope my tiny new daughter can handle switching brands every week or so. So far so good. I'm still having to buy whatever I see because the shelves are basically empty. Who knows when this will be fixed.

Every time I'm overwhelmed, I'll watch my 4 year old being kind to her sister, and it makes me feel like I have helped foster some good in the world. Even if I have little to do with their personalities, it still makes me happy.

ilikeplanets 06-25-2022 12:09 AM

Steve Urkel has been in an embarrassing number of my childhood nightmares. Something about his voice repeatedly haunted my peace.

slunken 06-25-2022 12:21 AM

hahahaha sorry!

yo soy el mejor 06-25-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4595858)
lol this rules

crazy how sitcoms now feel like archaic remnants from a different lifetime

i was a huge tgif fan when i was elementary school age. just a two hour block of step by step, family matters, full house, and something else. full house and family matters were my absolute favorite.

those families were like my family. not that my family was like theirs, but i felt like i knew them and wanted to be a part of it. cried like a damn baby when full house went off the air/had their last episode and i always bothered my mom about having family meetings.

slunken 06-25-2022 01:00 PM

I don't recall many "household tv favorites" as a child except for Quantum Leap in which I was allowed to stay up one hour later on Wednesday nights in order to watch. At this time I thought TV was real so I would often go to bed very terrified!

slunken 06-25-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4595880)

those families were like my family. not that my family was like theirs, but i felt like i knew them and wanted to be a part of it.

i feel this way about Roseanne in the biggest possible way

slunken 06-25-2022 01:04 PM

The first two sitcoms I ever remember watching were Alf and Gimme A Break

slunken 06-25-2022 01:04 PM

slunken 06-25-2022 01:06 PM

Will never forget her putting the vacuum cleaner in the fish tank lol

slunken 06-25-2022 01:10 PM

shouts out to a fucking queen RIP

teh b0lly!!1 06-26-2022 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4595880)
i was a huge tgif fan when i was elementary school age. just a two hour block of step by step, family matters, full house, and something else. full house and family matters were my absolute favorite.

those families were like my family. not that my family was like theirs, but i felt like i knew them and wanted to be a part of it. cried like a damn baby when full house went off the air/had their last episode and i always bothered my mom about having family meetings.

My family is pretty much all ripped apart, but it's crazy how much of our good times together involved sitting around and watching stupid TV shows together. It's like the only way we could allow ourselves to ever simply enjoy the company of one another without the weight of any injected expectation was to sit around and watch silly sitcoms and TV dramas together. With my dad it was action movies.

I have warm memories of watching Fresh Prince with my mom over the summers as a kid, laughing like it was a riot. Or watching Full House and Alf with my sisters as a kid, or Dawson's Creek with only one sister when life began to move on.

By myself, hilarious shit like Renegade, Pacific Blue (god that one was hot trash I just loved it), Walker, whatever whatever.

As a child you experience things at such an insane frame rate. When they'd do something like change the actress who played aunt viv mid show, it felt like ripping someone out of my life and replacing their image with a different person but everybody acts like nothing's different. That kind of immersion that you have as a child is nuclear hard to be inside of as an adult.

When fresh prince went off the air, in the last episode the house is empty and they all leave the house and kill the lights. It's great as a kid to have this portal on the tv everyday at 12:00 into another dimension where it's always studio light sunny, and everybody always be joking, but deep down they always let each other know oh so cheesily how much they care about each other. Then suddenly boom, they're moving out and you'll never see them again and it's like, damn it's just like real life.