Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Most forgettable Pumpkins member? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188734)

topleybird 11-11-2021 06:56 PM

Most forgettable Pumpkins member?
 
It's gotta be Jack Bates, right?

I don't know who a single person in the 2008 section of the table is, so, having closed my eyes and pointed at my screen, my actual choice is... "Gabrial McNair." Sorry, Gabe. I did manage to find some footage of him in a Zeitgeist concert.



And here he is sitting down in that distinctive way we all came to know and love.



And here, backstage, defeating his father in anbo-jyutsu, the ultimate evolution of human martial arts. It turns out that his dad had cheated all through McNair's childhood, and that's why McNair could never win against him. Having finally bested his father, McNair reconciled with him in a way that Billy never will, which is probably why McNair was immediately sacked.


reprise85 11-11-2021 08:47 PM

Katie Cole's tenure is curious... 2015, 2016–2018, 2019–

why not 2015-2020 or 2015-

ilikeplanets 11-11-2021 10:57 PM

Linda Strawberry

trev 11-11-2021 11:07 PM

the drum machine - 1988

Disco King 11-11-2021 11:24 PM

Everybody always forgets about Chris Panasik, despite those tour legs and that one single.

Squish Squash 11-12-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trev (Post 4586748)
the drum machine - 1988

He was underrated.

incubator 11-12-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4586750)
Everybody always forgets about Chris Panasik, despite those tour legs and that one single.

Yeah I always forget about her. Drew Thomas deserves a bit more recognition too.

Joey Goldberg 11-12-2021 11:50 AM

fucking who?

i don't know, wasn't there a second drummer for the Adore shows? I only remember Kenny arararnonof

wHATcOLOR 11-12-2021 02:59 PM

spinoff: pumpkins member you most wish you could forget

Butt Pope 11-12-2021 03:33 PM

Matt Cameron

Joey Goldberg 11-12-2021 03:35 PM

if Cameron was the 2nd drummer for the Adore shows as well I will feel srsly bad because I hold those post-Jim MCIS shows in pretty high regard, in no small part to his pretty sizable contributions

(enter folofatok)

topleybird 11-12-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4586771)
spinoff: pumpkins member you most wish you could forget

I wonder what Jimmy's answer would be!

MyOneAndOnly 11-12-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg (Post 4586775)
if Cameron was the 2nd drummer for the Adore shows as well I will feel srsly bad because I hold those post-Jim MCIS shows in pretty high regard, in no small part to his pretty sizable contributions

(enter folofatok)

Kenny Arnoff was perfect in those shows. He was the lead drummer. It really was his sound all over those sets

trev 11-12-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg (Post 4586775)
if Cameron was the 2nd drummer for the Adore shows as well I will feel srsly bad because I hold those post-Jim MCIS shows in pretty high regard, in no small part to his pretty sizable contributions

you have your matt's confused

Squish Squash 11-15-2021 06:55 PM

I think I’m always going to be mad Jimmy wasn’t at that show in France in 1997 cuz it would have been the best concert ever if he was.

Ram27 11-15-2021 08:11 PM

eh. it wouldn't be the same show with jimmy. some of those alt versions certainly wouldn't've existed

Joey Goldberg 11-17-2021 02:31 PM

^


ilikeplanets 11-17-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4586771)
spinoff: pumpkins member you most wish you could forget

Linda Strawberry

Forgotten Child 11-17-2021 03:13 PM

Ron Roesing

Forgotten Child 11-17-2021 03:17 PM

What was the name of that girl that would join the band for the Adore your but was dismissed last minute? I think she was from Chicago...

butthurt 11-17-2021 11:39 PM

Jonathan Monte

reprise85 11-18-2021 12:43 AM

I forgot.

Forgotten Child 11-18-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten Child (Post 4587053)
What was the name of that girl that would join the band for the Adore your but was dismissed last minute? I think she was from Chicago...

Lisa Germano

Interviewer: You played with Smashing Pumpkins for a few weeks about ten years ago.
What happened there?

Lisa: That was just a bunch of young kids being powerful and not being
respectful of anything. They asked me to join the tour. I quit my job here in
Los Angeles. I moved my cats to Indiana. The tour was supposed to be four
months long. I had to sublet my apartment. We went through rehearsals. Billy
Corgan, D’Arcy, and James Iha didn’t talk to each other. So for one, it was a
fucked situation. They wouldn’t talk to each other. Billy would say “D’Arcy,
would you sing backup on this?” And if she didn’t say anything, Billy would
say “Lisa. Why don’t you sing backup on this?” So I was doing stuff that
nobody would do. Billy would tell James Iha to play mandolin on a song. And
James would say “I am playing guitar on this man.” So I would play the
mandolin. I was playing on a shitload of stuff. So they were fighting at that
time. What then happened was the weekend before our first show, they wanted me
to sign a contract out of the blue. The contract listed all this stuff I
couldn’t do while I was on tour with them. They knew I wouldn’t sign that.
They knew I had a record coming out. The contract said I couldn’t release
anything while I was in Smashing Pumpkins. So I didn’t sign it. They sent me home
without discussing it.

Interviewer: What were some of the other conditions on the contract?

Lisa: That I couldn’t talk about Smashing Pumpkins during those four
months. I couldn’t talk about them in interviews. I touched Billy on the knee. I
said “You can’t do this! It’s not fair. You put all this money into me being
here. It’s silly sending me home.” He said: “Don’t worry. We’ll work it
out.” And that night I was sent home. He’s such a lame ass. He wouldn’t talk
to me. He wouldn’t explain anything. I wrote him letters. I wanted to sue
them for two weeks, because they didn’t pay me. They were complete assholes and
it fucked me up. They were irresponsible. Billy is very egocentric. His
karma will come back to him.

T&T 11-18-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten Child (Post 4587099)
Lisa Germano

Interviewer: You played with Smashing Pumpkins for a few weeks about ten years ago.
What happened there?

Lisa: That was just a bunch of young kids being powerful and not being
respectful of anything. They asked me to join the tour. I quit my job here in
Los Angeles. I moved my cats to Indiana. The tour was supposed to be four
months long. I had to sublet my apartment. We went through rehearsals. Billy
Corgan, D’Arcy, and James Iha didn’t talk to each other. So for one, it was a
fucked situation. They wouldn’t talk to each other. Billy would say “D’Arcy,
would you sing backup on this?” And if she didn’t say anything, Billy would
say “Lisa. Why don’t you sing backup on this?” So I was doing stuff that
nobody would do. Billy would tell James Iha to play mandolin on a song. And
James would say “I am playing guitar on this man.” So I would play the
mandolin. I was playing on a shitload of stuff. So they were fighting at that
time. What then happened was the weekend before our first show, they wanted me
to sign a contract out of the blue. The contract listed all this stuff I
couldn’t do while I was on tour with them. They knew I wouldn’t sign that.
They knew I had a record coming out. The contract said I couldn’t release
anything while I was in Smashing Pumpkins. So I didn’t sign it. They sent me home
without discussing it.

Interviewer: What were some of the other conditions on the contract?

Lisa: That I couldn’t talk about Smashing Pumpkins during those four
months. I couldn’t talk about them in interviews. I touched Billy on the knee. I
said “You can’t do this! It’s not fair. You put all this money into me being
here. It’s silly sending me home.” He said: “Don’t worry. We’ll work it
out.” And that night I was sent home. He’s such a lame ass. He wouldn’t talk
to me. He wouldn’t explain anything. I wrote him letters. I wanted to sue
them for two weeks, because they didn’t pay me. They were complete assholes and
it fucked me up. They were irresponsible. Billy is very egocentric. His
karma will come back to him.

This is the music buisness.
I wouldn't even blame billy. but at their level, it's like this all the time. She was small potatoes.
“Don’t worry. We’ll work it out.” is hardly a jerk thing. he had 10,000 more important things going on than who was going to play the mandolin on one song...

topleybird 11-18-2021 10:43 AM

Wow. Wow.



Can't believe someone would go to the lengths to make all that shit up about our Billy and Co. Like... talk about burning bridges. I'm sure they tried their best to accommodate your psychosis and all and this is the thanks they get after you stole thousands of dollars of equipment from the studio, stopped showing up to rehearsal, and blocked them all on Facebook?



P.S. RIP DJ Qualls. I don't know for a fact that you're dead but I haven't seen you in anything in like 15 years and let's not pretend you didn't look like a late-stage AIDS patient back then

T&T 11-18-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topleybird (Post 4587101)
after you stole thousands of dollars of equipment from the studio, stopped showing up to rehearsal, and blocked them all on Facebook?

you talking about Lisa Germano?


wasn't she John Mellencamp violinist? (a contact through Arnof who was Mellencamp's drummer)

Disco King 11-18-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T&T (Post 4587100)
This is the music buisness.
I wouldn't even blame billy. but at their level, it's like this all the time. She was small potatoes.
“Don’t worry. We’ll work it out.” is hardly a jerk thing. he had 10,000 more important things going on than who was going to play the mandolin on one song...

This woman worked with Bowie, Mellencamp, Marr, and Simple Minds. If this was standard practice in the industry, I don't think she would complain specifically about one band.

topleybird 11-18-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T&T (Post 4587118)
you talking about Lisa Germano?

Yes, I'm talking about Lisa Germano, whose version of events cannot possibly be right because it describes our sweet Billy and the rest of the band acting very, very out of character, as we all know, and also the other stuff I said about Germano and what actually happened is similarly very, very true

topleybird 11-18-2021 06:39 PM

Gotta say I'm curious about your thought process, which appears to be "Lisa Germano is unstable? That can't be right — she was Mellencamp's violinist for God's sake! Mellencamp!"

T&T 11-19-2021 09:29 AM

are you asking me?
I never said she was unstable. just small potatoes.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022