Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

Disco King 03-05-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4618821)
they work well until you go inside and need them to lighten up, cause it takes about 7 minutes

Blame Conservatives. They have been advancing bills that prohibit lenses from transitioning until after at least seven minutes.

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2023 08:54 PM

they're basically two pairs of glasses in one and i like the convenience of my regular glasses turning into sunglasses. iz like magic!

i had some in my early 20s and i really don't care about the stigma of dorkiness that surrounds them.

ilikeplanets 03-05-2023 09:58 PM

I have an epically dorky photo and me and my friend both rocking our transition lenses in the sun, and mine had a purple tint. This was also during my "tie my shirt up with a scrunchie" phase so it's just super cool.

yo soy el mejor 03-06-2023 03:09 PM

my least favorite photo from my youth is of me wearing a mexican dress with velcro sneakers and my hair is green (turned that from blue) and i have braces. total yikes but at least i was confident.

yo soy el mejor 03-06-2023 03:12 PM

imagine something like this with grey velcro sneakers. OY VEY

Elijah Moon 03-06-2023 04:03 PM

I also had blue hair that turned green at one time.

Elijah Moon 03-06-2023 04:06 PM

I remember when my friends and I all had silly curtains hairstyles. Then there was the time I let my friend shave my head but leave a fringe at the front. God.

yo soy el mejor 03-06-2023 06:52 PM

curtains? you mean bangs? my lil bro had emo boy hair that he always flipped out of his face by just moving his head. ugh, but i still love him so bad.

i'm sure if i were a dude i would've let somebody shave my head. i did let someone cut off a big chunk of hair in class while the teacher was gone and once my mother picked me up from a friend's house with a fresh cut. she was pissed and took me straight to a barber.

she was constantly up my ass about appearance saying people wouldn't care about me if i looked like i didn't care about myself...i hated it so much and now i'm self-conscious as fuck. she sneaked up on me with a brush one time so i rustled up my hair and then she laughed at me which made me so mad i cried.

ilikeplanets 03-06-2023 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah Moon (Post 4618983)
I also had blue hair that turned green at one time.

Me too!

Elijah Moon 03-06-2023 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4618994)
curtains? you mean bangs? my lil bro had emo boy hair that he always flipped out of his face by just moving his head. ugh, but i still love him so bad.

i'm sure if i were a dude i would've let somebody shave my head. i did let someone cut off a big chunk of hair in class while the teacher was gone and once my mother picked me up from a friend's house with a fresh cut. she was pissed and took me straight to a barber.

she was constantly up my ass about appearance saying people wouldn't care about me if i looked like i didn't care about myself...i hated it so much and now i'm self-conscious as fuck. she sneaked up on me with a brush one time so i rustled up my hair and then she laughed at me which made me so mad i cried.

We don't really call them bangs over here, but yeah along those lines.

I shave my head regularly these days as I'm developing a bald patch. I always thought I'd be depressed when I started losing my hair, but it doesn't really bother me.

That sounds tough. My parents were never really on at me about anything, but I went a bit off the rails and it was tough for them I suppose.

yo soy el mejor 03-06-2023 10:00 PM

blue to green club! woo!

ilikeplanets 03-06-2023 10:47 PM

The pictures I had of that look were all deleted when MySpace disappeared over night, taking everyone's photos with it

slunken 03-08-2023 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4618978)
imagine something like this with grey velcro sneakers. OY VEY

hahahaha

smashingjj 03-08-2023 09:14 PM

hahahaha

Ram27 03-09-2023 03:20 PM

i am currently applying for 'proper' jobs, specifically trying to find remote ones, and it feels like my brain and soul have been stabbed in multiple crucial places. there are a few that seem 'ok' but embedded in the searches are 80000 fucking fake weird fucking dry soulless fucking like abstract cloud logo ass fucking places that do fucking 'business' stuff. and the sites are such such ass holy fucking shit

how does 95% of the country have a job but getting a real one is impossible?

i was gonna say i want to work remotely but if it's anything this grating i'll work in a factory for 13 hours. maybe it'll help my fucking patience

Ram27 03-09-2023 03:23 PM

even the phrase 'applying for jobs' makes me wanna punch myself cause i sound like some fucking terminally vague fucking recruiter fucking sales fucking role lead fucking manager fucking customer agent fucking asshole

at least death awaits in 0-60 years

Elijah Moon 03-09-2023 05:18 PM

I'm over halfway through my evening classes, and I've already signed up for more. Next I'm doing a course on substance misuse, a subject I find interesting.

ilikeplanets 03-12-2023 01:16 AM

Browsing my Facebook groups and there was this long thread about how often people bathe their kids. So, SO many people are saying once or twice per week. Wtf? Mine have both had daily baths every night since they were born, with extremely few exceptions. Who lets their diaper-aged, floor-crawling, food-smearing, dirt-grabbing children go a week without a bath? I am kinda horrified, but apparently I'm in the minority. Gross!!

ilikeplanets 03-12-2023 01:44 AM

I consider myself open minded and willing to learn, but "keeping your children sufficiently clean" is not an area with any flexibility for me.

My favorite logic-defying reasoning: "Well, I figured there's plenty of people in the world who don't have access to clean water, so it's probably okay that I only give my kid a bath 10 times a year."

Whaaaat???

Joey Goldberg 03-12-2023 01:08 PM

now that abortion is illegal, there are so many babies it outnumbers the bath supplies necessary to clean the little bastards every day

yo soy el mejor 03-12-2023 05:25 PM

i started an adult tap dancing two Saturdays ago. we're working on flaps and other basic stuff and combinations.

this is my teacher

MyOneAndOnly 03-12-2023 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4619430)
Browsing my Facebook groups and there was this long thread about how often people bathe their kids. So, SO many people are saying once or twice per week. Wtf? Mine have both had daily baths every night since they were born, with extremely few exceptions. Who lets their diaper-aged, floor-crawling, food-smearing, dirt-grabbing children go a week without a bath? I am kinda horrified, but apparently I'm in the minority. Gross!!

my mother did this as well. She used to say every night at bath time "cleanliness is next to godliness"

Elijah Moon 03-12-2023 05:43 PM

Tap dancing always looks fun.

ilikeplanets 03-12-2023 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4619461)
my mother did this as well. She used to say every night at bath time "cleanliness is next to godliness"

I hope I don't make it weird like that!

yo soy el mejor 03-12-2023 06:10 PM

this is also him. makes me feel v privileged to have him teach me. at first i thought his effusive way of speaking was a put-on but it seems very true to him

yo soy el mejor 03-12-2023 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah Moon (Post 4619462)
Tap dancing always looks fun.

Indeed

vixnix 03-12-2023 08:53 PM

Mine were terrible sleepers when they were preschoolers so we did nightly baths for a lot of reasons including the all encompassing “bedtime routine” that I convinced myself was making a difference to how easily they went to sleep

But also they were typical rip shit n bust boys, so they were caked in dirt and Lord knows what else by the end of the day.

It is a waste of treated drinking water to run baths every day though. My eco-warrior friends were all very anti-daily-baths. And bathed their kids in baby baths until they were 7 or something, so as not to waste water

buzzard 03-12-2023 11:04 PM

You could always just bathe them in kerosene like Australian care home residents.

Ram27 03-12-2023 11:46 PM

why not teach them to shower?

ilikeplanets 03-13-2023 01:12 AM

1 year olds or home care residents?