Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   can you cook? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=164916)

Cool As Ice Cream 05-16-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4061261)
Now that sounds like an idea. But what can you mix in rum and vodka that gets you fat? (And isn't plain sugar.)

coke goes with both.
cranberry juice goes well with vodka (and often a load of sugar is added).

isn't that the main point though, that it's basically plain sugar. or what did you mean with that? did you want to exclude coke?

Cool As Ice Cream 05-16-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061265)
bloody maries are pretty good...

but are they fattening? what will make you fat, besides the alcohol?

pavementtune 05-16-2014 09:55 AM

...

sppunk 05-16-2014 12:15 PM

I'd kill a man right now for a chicken fried steak from a legit Texas place. :/

slunken 05-16-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Order 66 (Post 4061220)
i actually haven't started cooking since recently. i'm almost down 20 pounds from 6 months ago... amazing how much your health improves once you stop eating out all the time

this right here

vixnix 05-16-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4061268)
but are they fattening? what will make you fat, besides the alcohol?

Not much, but as a mixer, there are more calories in tomato juice and tabasco sauce than there are in a sugar-free mixer. Plus there are nutrients in the tomato juice and lemon juice, overall conditioning might help her gain, if she is surviving on protein shakes at the moment...there are ingredients in sugar-free soft drinks and protein shakes that her body might be processing as toxins, which is using up energy that could otherwise be spent absorbing the available nutrients. Maybe. I don't know.

The exploding boy 05-16-2014 07:37 PM

I never eat out. I'm still overweight. In fact, I eat about 1200 calories a day now (I think they say a adult male should eat about 2000) and I have for at least three months and i'm still not losing anything. Sure exercize was an issue but I've been doing a lot better recently in this regard. I am about 30 pounds overweight. I still eat too much carbs though. I should give up bread.

I have to say I was about only ten pounds overweight 3 years back. then I started wasting most of my free time on some mmo for about 2 years. Next thing I knew I was up 30 pounds. I gave up this life waster a year ago. I lost about ten of those pounds fairly easily. Now im stuck around 200. I should be 165.

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa (Post 4061216)
super duper was actually exactly like i was expecting in-n-out to be

i really had an expectation of california's answer to whataburger but what i got was fancy mcdonalds. i mean i should have known that would be the case, mcdonalds is the california burger chain...

plus they put a huge slice of onion on my burger, thick. i dunno if this is how they always do it but that was pretty intense

culvers on the other hand, i guess i should expect Wisconsin people to know their way around beef, cheese and custard.

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 09:19 PM

downtown bastrop?

yo soy el mejor 05-16-2014 09:24 PM

it's like a block of brick buildings. there was an oyster bar, an ice cream shop, and that's all i remember because those are the places i went.

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 09:29 PM

i went to lost pines a lot when i was a kid...i found the boy scout campsite on google recently...everything around it is burt to a crisp, but I could recognize the bmx track for sure

Fattening Ass 05-16-2014 09:40 PM

No 😩

vixnix 05-16-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4061368)
Trade some with me. 116, I'd take 15 from you.

And vixey - you got it right with Bloody Mary. Fine stuff, and the taste is absolutely okay before dinner.


116 - how tall are you though? Are you medically underweight...do you reckon you're malnourished or just very lean?

Glad you like bloody maries :)

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 09:46 PM

can we get an old netphorian to come back and make a post of average length.

The exploding boy 05-16-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bread Regal (Post 4061388)
can we get an old netphorian to come back and make a post of average length.

I'm not sure why but i feel this post might be a, so to speak, "dig', at me.

Anyway, 116 seems dangerously thin. my brother is about 125,5'9", he could never gain a pound. My father's genes, lucky bastard, i got my mom's, the only reason i ever was under 150 (i maintained that for a few years) was because i used to occasionally go on crash diets. They worked at 20 (twice I lost 30 pounds in a month), they don't at 35. I also have a little less willpower.

pavementtune 05-17-2014 01:44 AM

...

vixnix 05-17-2014 05:04 AM

Ah that sucks - sounds like you do really need to watch what you eat - just like me. But for the opposite reason to me lol.

I have always dreamed of being small - I'm only a couple of inches taller than you but since adolescence have never been lighter than 180 - so I'm big. Big all over, big feet, big hands, big head, big quadriceps, big biceps, big rib cage, big everything. Smallest I'll ever be is a medium/12.

I'm kinda gentler on myself now - our bodies are not perfect, but they are ours. They're the ones that we get, so we have to look after them.

pavementtune 05-17-2014 05:54 AM

.

vixnix 05-17-2014 07:47 AM

I actually think a near flat bust looks beautiful in a way - youthful...my bust disappears when I lose weight. I don't really care but after breastfeeding two babies for two years each, my boobs look pretty used up and sad when they're not filled up with fat...not youthful and beautiful lol

A mum at my old playgroup discovered she had the early stages of breast cancer and had a double mastectomy and then implants...I'm glad the procedures exist. My Gran lived with the shame of a mastectomy for most of her adult life and I wish she hadn't had to. It's a horrible thing to lose your bust, I reckon. And I did have one high school acquaintance who all of us felt sorry for because she was tall and beautiful and perfectly proportioned except that she had no bust at all...it was horrible for her,trying to find ball gowns that hid it. So I can see for someone in her situation, having a beautiful body but covering it up all the time and feeling ashamed...and not planning to fill out via motherhood for a good decade or so...a boob job would be a life changing thing. And similarly, breast reductions can make an amazing difference.

But just going from one perfectly proportional size to another, bigger one...LA doesn't sound like my kind of place either....

pavementtune 05-17-2014 08:00 AM

.

vixnix 05-17-2014 08:39 AM

116 pounds, 5 foot 8 and a natural B cup pretty much is perfection to most guys anyway! You must have to beat them off with a stick. I never had that problem though I suppose if I had, at least I could have swung the stick good and hard...

vixnix 05-17-2014 09:16 AM

I was going to say actually, I have managed to heal myself with food after coming down with a horrible cold virus...I roasted up some pumpkin and garlic and ate it with cream cheese and crumbled vintage cheddar...and then made myself a litre of hot water, lemon juice, grated fresh ginger, and honey...feel loads better today.

My husband told me last night that he had purchased a packet of oven-bake fries and two cans of beans with small sausages in them, for dinner. I gaped and asked him if he could maybe make pumpkin soup, instead...and he laughed incredulously and said "I can't make soup!". So it looks like he needs to learn how to make soup...I didn't realise.

I trimmed and halved some brussel sprouts today and pan fried them face down in butter...they were pretty good. Nobody liked them except me, though.

The exploding boy 05-17-2014 10:40 AM

I was until now 100% certain Pavementtune was a guy. (which explains why i thought 116 was dangerously thin)

Lucky Day Spa 05-17-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061238)
what is your concept of survival? does it ******* some kind of gradation like I will be in better condition in 20 years if I eat a bit of meat every few days than if I don't...that kind of thing? Or just...if I don't eat meat, I won't die in the next few days.

for most people, it's not necessary to eat meat in order to live to a ripe old age. that's what i meant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061238)
if you have regret, stop doing it = non sequitur

you said this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061238)
It isn't good for them or us, to mistreat them or not take their life with some sense of regret and gratitude.

i was referring to that. if i regretted eating meat, and i didn't need to eat it in order to survive, i would consider giving it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061238)
gratitude for something taken without being given isn't gratitude - why not?

because it's not freely given; animals don't give up their lives as part of the beautiful fabric of nature, people outsmart them and kill them.

it's a forced utility transfer. that means the kind of untargeted gratitude we are capable of feeling – e.g., to the universe for meeting the conditions necessary for our existence – is misplaced. it's easy to imagine that kind of sentiment contributing to a false sense of justification – it feels wholesome, virtuous even

Trotskilicious 05-17-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa (Post 4061451)
animals don't give up their lives as part of the beautiful fabric of nature, people outsmart them and kill them.


Trotskilicious 05-17-2014 04:43 PM

i wasn't really being sarcastic earlier, the concept that ideas are evolution is fascinating to me RIGHT NOW

vixnix 05-17-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa (Post 4061451)
for most people, it's not necessary to eat meat in order to live to a ripe old age. that's what i meant.



you said this:



i was referring to that. if i regretted eating meat, and i didn't need to eat it in order to survive, i would consider giving it up.



because it's not freely given; animals don't give up their lives as part of the beautiful fabric of nature, people outsmart them and kill them.

it's a forced utility transfer. that means the kind of untargeted gratitude we are capable of feeling e.g., to the universe for meeting the conditions necessary for our existence is misplaced. it's easy to imagine that kind of sentiment contributing to a false sense of justification it feels wholesome, virtuous even

Living to a ripe old age and maintaining a editable quality of life at a ripe old age are two different things. In my opinion optimal human nourishment includes regular consumption of animal flesh.

Whether or not instransitive gratitude is misplaced, I still feel it. You claimed I couldn't feel gratitude in that instance. I disagree, I think intransitive gratitude is a fairly widespread phenomenon. It doesn't require the consent of an object because it's not directed at one. It could be part of a survival mechanism that allowed us to form and emotional connection to our environment, which motivated us to take better care of it, this enhance our chances of survival. Many subsistence/environmentally sustainable traditional cultures have thanksgiving rituals where the thanks they have for their harvest, spoils of hunt/ agriculture are given thanks for and I don't see a reason to suspect the gratitude is not real.

As for the non sequitur, the validity of that is tied up with the question of nutrition. If I didn't need to eat meat to maintain optimal condition I would consider giving it up because of the regret I feel. That isn't the case for me. I continue to eat meat because I think it is good for me and I am self interested - at the same time, I'm compassionate enough to feel regret about my own fairly un changeable nature.

null123 05-17-2014 06:53 PM

it's really boring to cook for one person so I don't really bother to try anything interesting
plus i'm trying to lose like 20 pounds so most of my cooking concerns are balancing macronutrients
thinking of ordering some Soylent

slunken 05-17-2014 06:54 PM

http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gif
http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gif
http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar27459_3.gif

slunken 05-17-2014 06:55 PM

ah shoot


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2022