Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Billy Always On This Money Makin' Mission (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188829)

Big Truck05 01-19-2022 01:48 AM

Billy Always On This Money Makin' Mission
 
It's probably the most sincere project yet.

[IMG]IMG-0660
json lint online
[/IMG]

Spaceboy88 01-19-2022 10:03 AM

This is one thing I'd actually be interested in that he's selling.

eviltimeban 01-19-2022 10:55 AM

I don't see what's so difficult about playing SP songs.

Anyway he doesn't state what instrument he'll provide instruction in.

"And here's how I add vibrato to my voice"

Spaceboy88 01-19-2022 11:31 AM

Many of the songs are easy to play, but there's also a lot of alternate tunings he employs that have many of the tabs completely wrong. (La Dolly Vita is one example.)

spguitar0 01-19-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceboy88 (Post 4588865)
Many of the songs are easy to play, but there's also a lot of alternate tunings he employs that have many of the tabs completely wrong. (La Dolly Vita is one example.)

Yep
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVJkSN6AD34/

Shallowed 01-19-2022 12:06 PM

aren't there only like three pumpkins songs that are in an alternate tuning that isn't just a transposition of standard or drop D

Spaceboy88 01-19-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4588868)
aren't there only like three pumpkins songs that are in an alternate tuning that isn't just a transposition of standard or drop D

There's a lot more than three.

Adore alone has at least 4 songs in odd tunings (if you follow the official tab book)
  • Appels + Oranjes and Daphne Descends: Eb tuning, except the 3rd string which remains at G
  • Behond! The Night Mare: Open Dm tuning
  • Perfect: Standard tuning except A string tuned up a step to B
  • Pug: Eb tuning, except 2nd string tuned a step and a half to Ab

fluxequalsrad 01-19-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spguitar0 (Post 4588866)

This is a video of someone playing La Dolly Vita in standard? The song is in standard tuning I think.. there is just some varispeed going on with the studio recording because its not perfect 440 hz.

Spaceboy88 01-19-2022 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad (Post 4588877)
This is a video of someone playing La Dolly Vita in standard? The song is in standard tuning I think.. there is just some varispeed going on with the studio recording because its not perfect 440 hz.

The account commented it's using the same tuning as "Thirty-Three": (Half step down with the lowered A string)

spguitar0 01-19-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad (Post 4588877)
This is a video of someone playing La Dolly Vita in standard? The song is in standard tuning I think.. there is just some varispeed going on with the studio recording because its not perfect 440 hz.

Here ya go!
https://youtu.be/mWWrFuF0A8k?t=583
The C to B with the dropped A string.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Cw5JRBBmA

Spaceboy88 01-19-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spguitar0 (Post 4588884)

So helpful, thanks.

Main riff is just:

--0----0----
--3----3----
--0----0----
--0----0----
--0----0----
--1----3----

With the "Cool as Ice Cream" part:

--0----0----
--3----3----
--0----0----
--0----0----
--5----4----
--x----x----

And "Fade away..." part:

--0----0----
--1----3----
--0----0----
--0----0----
--3----5----
--x----x----

Funbags 01-19-2022 07:45 PM

It would be cool if he did it Star Licks style, but it will most likely be a crappy livestream where people make requests in chat and Billy plays them off the cuff with a shitty tone.

Disco King 01-19-2022 08:46 PM

>Would the fans be interested if I put out the kind of material that fans find interesting and valuable in a personable manner like videos

Come on, let's not shit on this idea. It's actually cool. Cooler than SP Christmas ornaments and incense, at least.

Butt Pope 01-19-2022 09:15 PM

Really hoping he does disarm

Shallowed 01-20-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceboy88 (Post 4588876)
There's a lot more than three.

Adore alone has at least 4 songs in odd tunings (if you follow the official tab book)
  • Appels + Oranjes and Daphne Descends: Eb tuning, except the 3rd string which remains at G
  • Behond! The Night Mare: Open Dm tuning
  • Perfect: Standard tuning except A string tuned up a step to B
  • Pug: Eb tuning, except 2nd string tuned a step and a half to Ab

like i said, like three

Spaceboy88 01-20-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4588893)
like i said, like three

"like three" per album maybe

Joey Goldberg 01-20-2022 11:46 AM

#NerdAlert

eviltimeban 01-20-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbags (Post 4588888)
It would be cool if he did it Star Licks style, but it will most likely be a crappy livestream where people make requests in chat and Billy plays them off the cuff with a shitty tone.

No no, he'll only do post-2007 material.

"So guys, thanks for logging in, got a lot of requests about how to play Run2Me so let's dive on in..."

T&T 01-20-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad (Post 4588877)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spguitar0 View Post
Yep
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVJkSN6AD34/
This is a video of someone playing La Dolly Vita

I found this amusing as it's spguitar0 himself. LOL.

spguitar0 01-20-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T&T (Post 4588917)
I found this amusing as it's spguitar0 himself. LOL.

Bwahahaha

Funbags 01-20-2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eviltimeban (Post 4588914)
No no, he'll only do post-2007 material.

"So guys, thanks for logging in, got a lot of requests about how to play Run2Me so let's dive on in..."

...on his Reverend with a shitty tone he thinks has that Sabbath "cuff" he won't let die.

Big Truck05 01-22-2022 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4588889)
>Would the fans be interested if I put out the kind of material that fans find interesting and valuable in a personable manner like videos

Come on, let's not shit on this idea. It's actually cool. Cooler than SP Christmas ornaments and incense, at least.

Like I said. This is the most honest thing he could ever do. I don't even play guitar and I'm interested. I'd watch the F out of this.

O'Doyle Rules 01-22-2022 11:21 AM

This is nice, but what is the timeline on a listenable album?

AveryLoren 01-22-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceboy88 (Post 4588876)
There's a lot more than three.

Adore alone has at least 4 songs in odd tunings (if you follow the official tab book)
  • Appels + Oranjes and Daphne Descends: Eb tuning, except the 3rd string which remains at G
  • Behond! The Night Mare: Open Dm tuning
  • Perfect: Standard tuning except A string tuned up a step to B
  • Pug: Eb tuning, except 2nd string tuned a step and a half to Ab

I've played in Open Dm for the last 20 years and I write all of my music using that tuning. I am pretty sure I got it from that tab book as this is around the era that I started learning songs. Pretty wild.

spguitar0 01-22-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbags (Post 4588956)
...on his Reverend with a shitty tone he thinks has that Sabbath "cuff" he won't let die.

Love the Rev.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxKoE5V1w8c

AveryLoren 01-22-2022 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbags (Post 4588956)
...on his Reverend with a shitty tone he thinks has that Sabbath "cuff" he won't let die.

I am part owner in a music store and they usually order in whatever SP/BC item comes along. The Reverend is one of the worst guitars I have ever held in my hands. In a room full of music nerds and gear heads we were all just left speechless at how terrible it sounded. Took over two years to sell and we had to lower the price on Reverb a few times. The reviews however are crazy good. :confused:

spguitar0 01-22-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AveryLoren (Post 4589015)
I am part owner in a music store and they usually order in whatever SP/BC item comes along. The Reverend is one of the worst guitars I have ever held in my hands. In a room full of music nerds and gear heads we were all just left speechless at how terrible it sounded. Took over two years to sell and we had to lower the price on Reverb a few times. The reviews however are crazy good. :confused:

I barely play my PRS and Gibson stuff anymore because of the BC1. Itís the first to dethrone my 2001 Singlecut since 2003. Maybe the one you got was a random dud?

Funbags 01-22-2022 10:27 PM

Nah, Billy's reverends sound like ice picks. The signature Strats with BC Dimarzios sound the same.

AveryLoren 01-23-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spguitar0 (Post 4589017)
I barely play my PRS and Gibson stuff anymore because of the BC1. Itís the first to dethrone my 2001 Singlecut since 2003. Maybe the one you got was a random dud?

I've followed you on IG for a while now, big fan of your playing so I mean no disrespect but its the exact sound of your guitar as well. It's like this blunted mid-range, ice pick top end sound. It's a very muddy, low detail articulation. It's actually the exact sound I would expect from a 50 year old rock veteran that had substantial hearing loss.

Spaceboy88 01-23-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spguitar0 (Post 4589017)
I barely play my PRS and Gibson stuff anymore because of the BC1. Itís the first to dethrone my 2001 Singlecut since 2003. Maybe the one you got was a random dud?

I love my BC1 as well. I find myself playing it more than most other guitars I own. Iím surprised that so many people would shit on it. To each their own.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022