Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

FoolofaTook 03-22-2019 09:34 AM

maybe if i taped a catheter to my leg i could just let it trickle out by my shoes

yo soy el mejor 03-22-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503707)
You know whose worse then trendies? Ppl who give a shit about what's trendy or not.

yeah elph is the worst.

FoolofaTook 03-22-2019 09:43 AM

hmm. maybe i spoke too harshly. i was just thinking the other day how ppl give elph too much shit. how he really isn't that bad of a guy.

pavementtune 03-22-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503712)
i have no insurance?

aren't you around some sort of medical teaching institute? go find an urologist and at least ask, please. you piss way too often, my friend.

I also have a film rec for you, sounds promising to me even if critics rip it a new one, Lords of Chaos by Jonas Akerlund.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...murderous-past

FoolofaTook 03-22-2019 10:03 AM

i will be ok. i should start earning enough to buy insurance, then i can go get this looked at and other things (my blood pressure is way too high).

i don't know about that movie. i've watched a number of documentaries about the subject and read up some. this looks like a pretty glamorous take. still, i might just check it out.

Cool As Ice Cream 03-22-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503712)
i have no insurance?

what does that even mean?

go see a doctor. there could be all sorts of thing wrong with you.
and if not, that's great (I GUESS), but just the frequent weeing and the trouser pissing is bad enough to get that sorted out.

FoolofaTook 03-22-2019 10:47 AM

if you have no insurance you have to pay tons of money to see a doctor. welcome to america!

and i pissed my pants because i was nervous and zipped up prematurely. i'll be fine, friend.

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503724)
hmm. maybe i spoke too harshly. i was just thinking the other day how ppl give elph too much shit. how he really isn't that bad of a guy.

This is mostly accurate, but he brings shit on himself by acting cooler than thou. I'm sure he's an okay guy but this character of his needs to die like, yesterday. He should be entering his post-elph stage by now.

Elphenor 03-22-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4503723)
yeah elph is the worst.

I never have any idea what's trendy that's why I come on here to learn which bands I like are cool

yo soy el mejor 03-22-2019 01:10 PM

ooh image-obsessed and modest

Mals Marola 03-22-2019 01:13 PM

the only person i see deeming bands "cool" or "uncool" is Elphenor tho

is this just one big exercise in talking to yerself? :beatup:

reprise85 03-22-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503738)
if you have no insurance you have to pay tons of money to see a doctor. welcome to america!

and i pissed my pants because i was nervous and zipped up prematurely. i'll be fine, friend.

you likely have a uti or bladder infection and you don't want it to become a kidney infection

you should get very discounted health insurance/free through the healthcare exchange. or what about medicaid? try http://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/

smashingjj 03-22-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals Marola (Post 4503759)
the only person i see deeming bands "cool" or "uncool" is Elphenor tho

is this just one big exercise in talking to yerself? :beatup:

true, but what he deems cool or not still has little to do with what's trendy.

FoolofaTook 03-22-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4503765)
you likely have a uti or bladder infection and you don't want it to become a kidney infection

you should get very discounted health insurance/free through the healthcare exchange. or what about medicaid? try http://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/

i don't quality for medicaid because my i stay with my parents and our household isn't low income. not sure what healthcare exchange is but i will check it out.

thanks reprise.

Mals Marola 03-22-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503768)
i don't quality for medicaid because my i stay with my parents

i think the infection is starting to get to your head :beatup: :eek: :beatup:

FoolofaTook 03-22-2019 02:24 PM

i don't man. i just did the assessment and that's what i got.

am i wrong?

ilikeplanets 03-22-2019 03:05 PM

I don't know about Florida but here you can live with your parents and still get Medicaid if your parents aren't considering themselves part of your "household " in this instance, meaning they won't pay for your doctor visits and medicines. Same with food stamps.

ilikeplanets 03-22-2019 03:06 PM

I'd try it again. You're essentially a household within a household.

pavementtune 03-22-2019 03:27 PM

How many days late is too late to wish you a happy birthday? roughly 30? great, then there is still plenty of time: happy belated birthday, ilp!

yo soy el mejor 03-22-2019 03:35 PM

My broke adult child lives with me and needs health insurance. Can he get it?
Yes, but there are complications
Published: October 07, 2013 08:53 PM

Q. My son lives in our yard in a broken-down RV. He’s been unable to find steady work for many years. His only income is from an occasional odd job. We claim him as a dependent on our taxes. How does this all work with the new health care law?

A. Sadly I’ve gotten several inquiries like this recently – the 52-year-old woman who lives with her parents and has been unemployed for years; the 28-year-old woman who’s moved in with her mother while attending community college.

For families in this situation, there’s sort of good news, but with some significant asterisks, according to experts on taxes and the health law that I consulted.

It starts with tax filing status, which is very important because it’s the basis for handing out premium tax credits to buy insurance on your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace. Parents who support adult children over the age of 24 (or, for that matter, any relative), can list them as dependents on their tax return. It’s a category called “qualifying relative” and here are the, um, qualifications

The adult child must be single, not disabled, not pregnant, and not have any dependent children.
His or her gross income for 2014 must be no more than $3,950.
The parent or parents must provide more than half the adult child’s support, including food, housing, health care, clothing, transportation, utilities, and entertainment. (The IRS provides a worksheet for figuring all this out.)

If this is your situation, your adult child can purchase health insurance on the marketplace and possibly get a premium tax credit to lower the cost based on your total household income. You read that right. Even though you may be on Medicare and have no need for other insurance, your son’s marketplace financial help is based on the total Modified Adjusted Gross Income of everyone in the “tax filing unit,” aka your household.

yo soy el mejor 03-22-2019 03:36 PM

i s'pose it depends if u file as dependent or not, most importantly.

ilikeplanets 03-22-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4503777)
How many days late is too late to wish you a happy birthday? roughly 30? great, then there is still plenty of time: happy belated birthday, ilp!

My birthdate was the 18th, so you're not even a week late! Thank you, it was quiet but fun.

yo soy el mejor 03-22-2019 03:46 PM

what did yer baby get you?

topleybird 03-22-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4503778)
The adult child must be […] not pregnant

Took, pls read and think about this carefully

ilikeplanets 03-22-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4503782)
what did yer baby get you?

She drew on the card my parents got her to give to me, which is unbearably cute and almost makes up for her bigger gift of sleep deprivation :)

FoolofaTook 03-22-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topleybird (Post 4503783)
Took, pls read and think about this carefully

Damn. And I had just started to celebrate.

buzzard 03-22-2019 04:58 PM

Shouldn't you be writing?

Something else.

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2019 05:48 PM

Picked up Kenny's remains (my dog). Holy shit. The closure is nice but I cried harder than I've cried since Saturday. You could probably hear me heaving from a mile away. But it feels really good to have him home.

FoolofaTook 03-22-2019 06:05 PM

sry flobes

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2019 06:12 PM

Thanks, but I need to stress again how good it feels to have him (his ashes) here with me, home. This is ultimately a positive.

teh b0lly!!1 03-22-2019 09:11 PM

god damnit globes

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2019 10:38 PM

Shut up, I'm not crying. You're crying!

ilikeplanets 03-22-2019 10:49 PM

Awww :cry:

Catherine Wheel 03-23-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4503638)
shut the fuck up

You’re not about that toxic masculinity life?

reprise85 03-23-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503768)
i don't quality for medicaid because my i stay with my parents and our household isn't low income. not sure what healthcare exchange is but i will check it out.

thanks reprise.

i mean the ACA/obamacare

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503770)
i don't man. i just did the assessment and that's what i got.

am i wrong?

do they claim you as a dependent? if so, you might still be able to get a really reduced rate on a marketplace (ACA) program. if not, i'm assuming you might qualify for medicaid because of low income. but you should be able to get one or the other for very minimal cost, the only probably with the ACA option being that it's not during open enrollment right now but there's other qualifying events too, like changing jobs, that you might be able to loophole into somehow

FoolofaTook 03-23-2019 09:01 AM

no they don't claim me as a dependent. but, like you said, open enrollment is over so I have to wait for the end of the year to sign up for medicaid.

i will check out the aca thing. thnx again.

Eulogy 03-23-2019 12:17 PM

So I saw Us opening night because I was so excited about it.

It was fine. Not scary at all. : /

Mals Marola 03-23-2019 12:35 PM

o damn, i forgot that premiered last night

i'm guessing you were big on Get Out?

reprise85 03-23-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4503829)
no they don't claim me as a dependent. but, like you said, open enrollment is over so I have to wait for the end of the year to sign up for medicaid.

i will check out the aca thing. thnx again.

you have it backwards. ACA you need open enrollment. medicaid (afaik) you can do anytime on that florida access site. at least that used to be how it worked. just apply for everything all at once. medicaid/food stamps/reduced phone service etc. i don't have medicaid but i have medicaid cost of share at like $2500 or something like that, so if something happens to me and my out o of pocket goes over the threshold they pay the rest. you should at least get that and your oop for that would be much less. i'm about 200% the poverty level and it goes by that.

Disco King 03-23-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel (Post 4503805)
You’re not about that toxic masculinity life?

We are all Gillette Men here.