Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 01:18 PM

some useless girl who is part of my group project came up to me after our presentation today and said she would give a good review if i gave her one. this little girl was hardly in class, was late turning in her outline, didn't respond to emails, played (?) dumb, and made excuses up the wazoo. she mad 'cause i held her accountable and told her in class that her inability to open emails and be responsive is her problem as a student and no one else's--she had tried saying i was a bad communicator (i was the moderator of the group) and that's why she had to ask, "what are we doing?" more than once. however, no one else had that issue. notice the correlation, honey?!

anyway, i told her i am not exchanging a good review with her for the peer evaluation and that i planned on being honest. she angrily said, "okay, me too," and walked away. i said, "do your thing; just be honest" and the other two girls in my group exchanged glances with me indicating that broad has some nerve. you know i shared this with my professor and she said students who don't do their work often try to finagle good reviews at the end and she'd judge her review of me and call out anything egregiously wrong since she knows how hard i worked to get everything together.

FlamingGlobes 03-05-2020 01:21 PM

You missed the part at the end where everyone stands up and applauds. 3/10, would not read again.

smashingjj 03-05-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4532126)
some useless girl

skin colour?

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 01:27 PM

well, there was applause after the presentation

i told my teacher what happened afterwards in private, though. but the other two girls in my group did tell me two weeks ago they were glad i called this girl out in class to let her know she would not be blaming us for her laziness.

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashingjj (Post 4532128)
skin colour?

beige-ish

she can probably get a good tan

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 01:31 PM

there was another beige-ish girl in my group but she was great, so i think it's something else that makes the other so awful. pero, it's over now and she'll move on to be some other group's problem.

wHATcOLOR 03-05-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4531673)
someone do a james lipton "in hell" thread!

no one did this. why the hell not? doesn't he count? doesn't he count??

wHATcOLOR 03-05-2020 02:20 PM

id do it myself, but i just can't bring myself to

ilikeplanets 03-05-2020 02:35 PM

Just reading the words "group project " makes my blood pressure rise.

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 05:07 PM

they drive me nuts every quarter. last quarter i called out a girl for doing the same thing of not responding to shit; at the last minute she expressed wanting to meet--either to make herself feel like she had made an effort or to feel like we were in the same position needing to cram in work at the last moment. when i saw what she wrote the day of our presentation, i told her it looked like she only worked on it last night and she said she worked very hard and i said, "you're either stupid or a liar." harsh, maybe? but true.

really hate when privileged dummies think they can coast on the work of others.

ilikeplanets 03-05-2020 05:20 PM

Was all this happening on the undergraduate level? I would have to hope that people getting their Master's and beyond take things seriously. I also hope there are no group projects past that point...

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 05:27 PM

yeah, i'm still a senior undergraduate so i really hope this changes when i go to graduate school. i either don't want to do any group projects ever or to know that others are just as dedicated to not letting group mates down. seems like a majority of students i've worked with have the motto of 'Cs get degrees' and shrug things off and their spelling is not always good (autocorrect can't be everywhere).

ilikeplanets 03-05-2020 05:45 PM

I was shocked as an English major (lol) to see how many of my peers had terrible spelling and grammar.

smashingjj 03-05-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4532162)
I was shocked as an English major (lol) to see how many of my peers had terrible spelling and grammar.

FoolofaTook 03-05-2020 06:01 PM

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 06:23 PM

i like when people say stuff like, Gimme that them there cake.

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 06:25 PM

to say Give me that cake over there.

ovary 03-05-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4532161)
yeah, i'm still a senior undergraduate

slunken 03-05-2020 07:27 PM

lol

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 07:29 PM

Sounds like someone wants me to be ashamed or embarrassed of going back to school at 29!

yo soy el mejor 03-05-2020 07:30 PM

Ain't gonna happen, my dawg.

Skradgee 03-05-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4532167)
to say Give me that cake over there.

Birthday cake? Yes please.

I used to play a video game called Fat Princess... it’s a lot like capture the flag, and one of your objectives was to keep feeding cake to your own princess, to fatten her up and make it difficult for the opposing team to carry her over to their side.

Everything else was basically chaos...so much fun.

reprise85 03-05-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4532140)
Just reading the words "group project " makes my blood pressure rise.

only group project i had in my last 2 years of undergrad was for an online class. we met in person to coordinate it. ironic. we also had to record our voices and 'present it'. the professor really didn't understand this online only class thing

ilikeplanets 03-05-2020 08:54 PM

I had a fairly traditional undergrad experience, and have considered getting my Master's online...

I'm not convinced that it will be worthwhile or that I am capable of returning to school at this point. A very convincing factor is that at the graduate level, I won't have to deal with other people's crap in quite the same way! Especially with an online program.

ilikeplanets 03-05-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4532166)
i like when people say stuff like, Gimme that them there cake.

Alabama flashbacks!

reprise85 03-05-2020 10:03 PM

I want to do something meaningful with my life and my current freelance work isn't a career. But if I do go back it has to be different. I mean, I have to be different. I was all about grades and yes learning, and I learned a lot (and had a 4.0), but I can't do that anymore. I can't be worried about every single thing because I have to be perfect. And I don't know if I can fly like that in a school atmosphere or not, never have.

I foresee going back but probably not until next year. It's also hard because I will have to do loans and shit, and in the end I won't make any more than I am making now, most likely. At least my work schedule (whatever I want) is conducive to going back to school, won't have to figure that out. I never really wanted to do social work but I want to work in psych and I don't want to do counseling (at least primarily), so unless I want to get a phd (or a worthless psych MA) it's social work or nothing. I could do nursing but idk if I can perform at that level any more, or I guess maybe I just don't want to. Really I should have done nursing to begin with probably, but I'm too worn out for a 2 year intense program in anything applied like that I think.

ilikeplanets 03-06-2020 12:00 AM

The thought of adding debt to my current financial situation is the biggest deterrent for me. I'm finally getting just the smallest bit of good credit and I really don't want to have to dig myself out of another hole.

Also, I can't function without at least SOME sleep (I barely made it through my daughter's newborn stage with any sanity)
My kid is in an education program which would allow me maybe 2 hours per day to do schoolwork, but that would mean I could only take like a course or two per semester. Personally, I don't want to just be getting my Master's almost 35 (I'm 30 in less than 2 weeks). It's not a bad thing to do that, I just have different goals for my 30s and need to consider 2 people at all times.

reprise85 03-06-2020 02:32 AM

yeah, i'm about to turn 35 so there's definitely that

Cool As Ice Cream 03-06-2020 07:11 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKRADGEE

Skradgee 03-07-2020 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4532226)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKRADGEE

Thanks gangster 😎

Cool As Ice Cream 03-07-2020 12:25 PM

:bananadance:

Eulogy 03-07-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4532129)
well, there was applause after the presentation

i told my teacher what happened afterwards in private, though. but the other two girls in my group did tell me two weeks ago they were glad i called this girl out in class to let her know she would not be blaming us for her laziness.

Cop

Eulogy 03-07-2020 12:38 PM

That said I do not miss school group projects jfc why do they make adults do that

yo soy el mejor 03-07-2020 03:45 PM

If she were sticking it to the man, I wouldn't care, but she's trying to coast off people who work while making our grade worse. i will let that shit be known, idgaf.

Cool As Ice Cream 03-07-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4532219)
yeah, i'm about to turn 35 so there's definitely that

i'm aboot to tourn 39.

Cool As Ice Cream 03-07-2020 04:46 PM

my life is a joke!

my dad's a big shot at the cracker factory.

i have a high post count at this smashing pumpkins forum.

Cool As Ice Cream 03-07-2020 04:47 PM

this didn't need to happen.

ovary 03-07-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4532493)
If she were sticking it to the man, I wouldn't care, but she's trying to coast off people who work while making our grade worse. i will let that shit be known, idgaf.

also shes white