Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   can you cook? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=164916)

sppunk 05-15-2014 07:52 PM

Franklins is really good but not worth those lines now. J Mueller's short-lived return trumped it, esp his ribs. Mmmmmhmmmmm.

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:52 PM

plus super annoying obviously non native check out girl really pissed me off with all the duderation i'm like look goddamn it i'm wearing slacks and a collared shirt i know you read about austin in a magazine but

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 4061043)
Franklins is really good but not worth those lines now. J Mueller's short-lived return trumped it, esp his ribs. Mmmmmhmmmmm.

i'm pretty much primarily consumed with finding good hamburgers and tex-mex...bbq is just not something that i really quest for.

but the franklin's thing is a serious problem, it seems like so many people here have just moved here. so they act like verything they go to has been there forever when in reality most of it has been hera about five years and all the stuff i fucking remember has closed down or become compromised it seems like the economy recovering means that we're getting even more fresh faced tourists coming to be young and retired every day and tbh a lot of them now aren't even the hip kids that want to be here to be hip. it's like they're just boring middle americans that come here because it's so cool and they saw about it on the teevee but they just live in the suburbs and go to ihop anyway

sppunk 05-15-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4061042)
yes

also the tamale house on airport is closed forever

so yeah tacodeli makes me super mad lately and i had a very bad experience recently

i mean the food was good but 15 dollars for 3 fancy ass tacos that were equivalent to a great truck with 2 dollar tacos? eat my DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK AND GET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

I haven't been in a long while, it was like $2/taco last time I was there. I do and will stick with Torchy's, as overpriced as it is.

Except the Guadalupe location, fuck that noise.

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:56 PM

This is how I feel without tamale house in my life

sppunk 05-15-2014 07:56 PM

Hop daddy v Cow Bells v Mighty Fine v Hut's -who wins?

(Answer: not Hut's)

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 4061047)
I haven't been in a long while, it was like $2/taco last time I was there.

seriously what tacos were these i mean i dunno i ordered three things they were small and my bill was 15 dollars

Quote:

I do and will stick with Torchy's, as overpriced as it is.
i spend 8 bucks on two tacos and it's a lot of food. i'm down with torchy's. the green chile pork is plenty authentic and i even like some of their white trash tex mex touches like the queso covered chicken strip

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 4061051)
Hop daddy v Cow Bells v Mighty Fine v Hut's -who wins?

(Answer: not Hut's)

the answer is definitely not hop doddy either

i'm a native, dude. i like top notch, hillbert's, hutt's and whataburger.

i came to enjoy p.terry's. mighty fine is perty good

hopdoddy fucking sucks. the tacodeli of burger joints

and the yuppie crowd it attracts makes me nauseous.

sppunk 05-15-2014 08:00 PM

I miss Parkside. :( Haven't been able to go last several times we've been in town. Though we did make it to Black's last month (thank god for that toll road you can drive like 110 on)

sppunk 05-15-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4061053)
the answer is definitely not hop doddy either

i'm a native, dude. i like top notch, hillbert's, hutt's and whataburger.

i came to enjoy p.terry's. mighty fine is perty good

hopdoddy fucking sucks. the tacodeli of burger joints

and the yuppie crowd it attracts makes me nauseous.

Cow Bell's is mine, but I'd just as much get a Whataburger jalapeño w/ cheese.

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 08:02 PM

i've never been to that place, never heard of it actually

keep in mind i was going to mighty fine weekly but that's only because top notch and whataburger were too far away (seriously the only place in austin that was 15 minutes from a WB)

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 4061054)
I miss Parkside. :( Haven't been able to go last several times we've been in town. Though we did make it to Black's last month (thank god for that toll road you can drive like 110 on)

they built a black's on barton creek

yea seriously

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 08:05 PM

also people who say they are from austin and i go what high school did you go to oh i mean i moved here when i went to college

fuck you dogg

sppunk 05-15-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4061058)
also people who say they are from austin and i go what high school did you go to oh i mean i moved here when i went to college

fuck you dogg

Had a guy from Bastrop claim he was an Austin native once. That was good.

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 08:34 PM

i know a dude from bastrop that calls bastrop and i give him cred for being local

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 08:34 PM

i mean i'm honestly relieved these days when they're from houston

"well at least you're from texas, jesus christ."

sppunk 05-15-2014 09:26 PM

East Texas Oil Belt 4 lyfe

Bread Regal 05-15-2014 11:46 PM

not really trying to do the meat is murder thing, but anyone who tries to say it's alright to kill an animal because it was raised in a pasture before its totally unnecessary slaughter is just trying to lend moral justification for something they know is unjustifiable. i'm more understanding of people who say "yeah, killing animals is shitty but meat is delicious". at least they're in touch with the real reason they eat meat.

if you had any respect for animals that you eat, you wouldn't kill them for the mere luxury of having a steak dinner. so they lived on a pasture. who gives a shit. you're complicit in the needless killing of a sentient being. this perspective is just plain lazy as fuck since buying organic/grass-fed/free-range/whatever meat literally requires no sacrifice on your part, yet you believe it entitles you to some level of sanctimony when it means literally fuck-all.

vixnix 05-15-2014 11:57 PM

how are you hurting an animal if you treat it well and then kill it quickly and painlessly?

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 12:01 AM

would you be alright with me killing your children quickly and painlessly even though you gave them a good life?

get bent you cretin.

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 12:03 AM

i'd love to throw them on the spit.

give them a nice honey glaze.

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 12:05 AM

maybe make some head cheese out of their eyeballs and spinal cord. can't let it go to waste now. gotta show respect for god's creation.

vixnix 05-16-2014 12:11 AM

You didn't actually answer the question there little buddy...why not give it one more go, you know what they say....fourth time lucky

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 12:18 AM

I've used a rhetorical device known as "answering a question with a question", you dipshit.

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bread Regal (Post 4061121)
not really trying to do the meat is murder thing, but anyone who tries to say it's alright to kill an animal because it was raised in a pasture before its totally unnecessary slaughter is just trying to lend moral justification for something they know is unjustifiable. i'm more understanding of people who say "yeah, killing animals is shitty but meat is delicious". at least they're in touch with the real reason they eat meat.

WELL THE REAL REASON would be because of biological necessity

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:19 AM

and ethics are something white people came up with

noyen 05-16-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4061126)
how are you hurting an animal if you treat it well and then kill it quickly and painlessly?

hurt is involved in the act of killing. the animal may experience pain in the afterlife. how do you know? the living animals around it get hurt too. stressed. pain. people doing the killing also get hurt. feelings. a good life and a quick death doesn't mean there is a void of hurt creation. animals grieve. maybe not all of them at our level. i'd call that hurt too.

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4061141)
WELL THE REAL REASON would be because of biological necessity

You know that to false, but I'm not going through this again with you.

biological necessity WHY AM I STILL ALIVE THEN. goddamn.

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4061142)
and ethics are something white people came up with

you know this is irrefutable

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:23 AM

lock up the sharks

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:24 AM

the murderers of the sea

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:24 AM

humans are a blight and we consume, do not resist. give in to the void.

soon this world will die by our hand and a new evolution will take place

it's the way of things

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 12:25 AM

you're being obtuse.

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:26 AM

incredibly, my friend

i will not try to change your mind as long as i can eat my large burger which is my vice

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:26 AM

or my millions of tacos

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:27 AM

but seriously white people came up with ethics

just something to think about

noyen 05-16-2014 12:29 AM

i thought tribes did.

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4061150)
incredibly, my friend

i will not try to change your mind as long as i can eat my large burger which is my vice

that's not the argument i'm making here. you're in touch with your hedonism.

im just annoyed at people who think they're being wonderful animal guardians by giving them a nice pasture to live and graze on in spite of actually killing them for literally no reason other than straight up hedonism.

like noyen said, animals grieve. in fact, one of the worst thing you can do to a person is to kill someone they love. if you try to impart some notion of suffering on animals, you can't ignore this fact.

Trotskilicious 05-16-2014 12:35 AM

no it was free range and the farmer played simon and garfunkel for him. it was a good life. and now he's in my belly.

Bread Regal 05-16-2014 12:36 AM

i avoided using the word moral here because it usually has some divine connotation.

could you expand on why white people constructing the notion of ethics is relevant here.