Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

reprise85 12-09-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram27 (Post 4587710)
when i am chatting about SP stuff i am golden. 68% sure i am autistic and it is my special interest.

SP is in my diagnostic report several times, lol

yo soy el mejor 12-09-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphenor (Post 4587686)
Do you desire to chat more, but can't find it in yourself?

often I feel like I just don't know what to say

What is this? lol

yo soy el mejor 12-09-2021 08:09 PM

Ram27 12-11-2021 04:59 AM

nerd-ass personal bullshit:

i'm in a band now but since i'm at school i'm away from my drums and have been completely bullshitting my way through every practice, losing my grip, not feeling the groove or joy anymore since i can't play every day

but the last few days i've been consciously practicing, like rudimental boring shit on a practice pad, and then this evening i played along to cherub rock and actually played the outro roll [fairly] in time. i wept a bit.

ovary 12-13-2021 07:49 PM

happy birthday taylor i can't stop thinking of you i'll never ever stop thinking of you happy birthday blondie

ilikeplanets 12-13-2021 08:06 PM

Facebook memories reminded me that I graduated college with my BA exactly 10 years ago today. Yikes, I'm really feeling old.

yo soy el mejor 12-15-2021 01:54 AM

happy belated steve

and ram. you need a journal and i mean that in a supportive way.

ilikeplanets 12-19-2021 06:42 PM

Yesterday I woke up with a swollen eye and a rampant face rash, and it's worse today. Been to the ER both days,.they have no idea what it is but it doesn't appear viral or bacterial. I'm not otherwise ill, so it might be a new fun autoimmune problem. Really fucking shitty.

ilikeplanets 12-19-2021 06:44 PM

I was given IV benadryl which I hated, and was crying over the mention of IV steroids but they decided to go topical with them. Steroids completely shred my stomach when I take them orally, so the thought of injection is too scary. Hope these creams help, I'm like a swollen itchy tomato. :(

smashingjj 12-19-2021 06:53 PM

yikes.

that's weird though, hope they find out what it is. be well!

ilikeplanets 12-19-2021 10:41 PM

Thank you. ER doctors are useless at diagnostics. She admitted to me that they are "only good at throwing drugs at things." Relatable, but not helpful. They think it is some sort of allergic/histamine reaction based on my lack of other symptoms, but they don't know. I don't have any allergies, or haven't for almost 32 years so I'm just as clueless. Hope it goes away soon, really draining.

yo soy el mejor 12-20-2021 04:06 PM

this is why i can't get no good healthcare--i generally reject any medication that simply tackles a symptom and not the underlying problem. the mirena iud and its side effects fucked me the fuck up and doctors want to give me shitty pills and topical bullshit for superficial symptoms instead of helping me understand how i can treat it long-term and without relying on a stupid prescription.

ilikeplanets 12-20-2021 07:08 PM

Yeah, I can't stand the approach in a primary care or ER setting. And even after documentation of going to the ER twice over the weekend, my PCP's office couldn't get me in today, and the damn secretary admitted it was because they are having an office Christmas party taking up their whole afternoon. I'm pissed. I'll see them tomorrow, cuz it ain't gone. I look pretty wrecked and puffy.

ilikeplanets 12-21-2021 05:12 PM

I announced this on Facebook, so in case those of you who saw it there cared if I was being private here or not, I'm not. I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my second daughter, I did IVF by myself this summer and so far so good. Thank you Emma and Erica for keeping it quiet until my 3rd month and letting me send you guys cute ultrasound pictures.

reprise85 12-21-2021 07:12 PM

:) congrats

yo soy el mejor 12-23-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4578368)
Thinking about starting a YouTube channel/podcast for parents who return to full time work after an extended period as full time home makers

It will be called welcome to the bungle

welcome to the bunghole

ovary 12-23-2021 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4588063)
I announced this on Facebook, so in case those of you who saw it there cared if I was being private here or not, I'm not. I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my second daughter, I did IVF by myself this summer and so far so good. Thank you Emma and Erica for keeping it quiet until my 3rd month and letting me send you guys cute ultrasound pictures.

congrats!! we are in round 1 of ivf after 5 years of trying other things that failed. ivf is a thing.

ilikeplanets 12-23-2021 08:45 PM

Yeah, it's certainly a lot. Best of luck! I had to do all the injections to myself, so now I know how to do that. I got lucky and was able to transfer this little girl successfully on my first try, and have 3 more healthy embryos on ice, although I don't think I want to be pregnant again after this second child. I'm almost 5 years older than I was when carrying my first, and it's been way harder. I'm 13 weeks on Saturday and also a lot more anxious about nonexistent problems. I hope you have some insurance coverage cuz I sure didn't. Hello, 3 year loan. I've always wanted 2-3 kids so it's all been worth it. Seriously, I hope the process goes smoothly for you guys because it can be extremely challenging. TMI I'm sure but now I can just blame hormones for compelling me to overshare.

vixnix 12-23-2021 10:56 PM

Congrats again!! So excited for you

Cool As Ice Cream 12-24-2021 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovary (Post 4588155)
we are in round 1 of ivf after 5 years of trying other things that failed.

https://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=165103 ?

yo soy el mejor 12-28-2021 04:47 PM

let's give 'em somethin' to chat about

mxzombie 12-28-2021 10:05 PM

karl, née simba

cork_soaker 12-28-2021 11:52 PM

kaaarl

buzzard 01-10-2022 12:04 AM

Any ideas for a Bob Saget IN HELL thread?

ilikeplanets 01-10-2022 01:23 AM

Yuck

ilikeplanets 01-10-2022 02:49 AM

Bob Saget being upstaged by a 3 year old in hell forever

ilikeplanets 01-10-2022 02:50 AM

Err...by two 3 year olds

Disco King 01-13-2022 04:23 PM

I noticed my first fine line a few weeks ago. A second one a week after that.

My skincare routine has mostly revolved around fighting blemishes and minimizing hyperpigmentation, but I suppose I was supposed to start using anti-aging products two or three years ago.

MyOneAndOnly 01-14-2022 03:03 AM

I keep my meds in one of those pill trays with one compartment for each day of the month. Somehow when i loaded it for January i didn't ******* my SSRI. And then didn't notice until This Tuesday.

holy fuck don't go cold turkey if your'e taking a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Even when I have stopped my meds intentionally i tapered off. By last weekend I was so ass backwards i had convinced myself that we had a natural gas leak in our house and that i had a brain tumor.

MyOneAndOnly 01-14-2022 03:08 AM

back on the happy pills for a few days and I feel crazy good. like a manic high. LOL. I know that in another week or so i'll level off and then i'll feel "normal"