Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AUSTIN TX !!! (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=149981)

MonteLDS 11-01-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro
http://www.myspace.com/whatmademilwaukeefamous

they were confirmed on the 29th- i posted it here when i first found out.

i emailed the band to see if they were given a reason why or if there was a possibility of a reschedule.

bummer...

i was going to go to dallas i guess maybe when they get re-calender i'll go

spidersoma 11-01-2007 02:49 AM

I think I'm more upset that I'm missing What Made Milwaukee Famous than I am missing SP. I've missed WMMF more times than I can count ... and they're damn good.

Bummer.
Hope Jimmy's OK.

Savesthegirl 11-01-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damp roads
mmmmmm shiner hefeweizen.... my favorite

damn right, I'll take mine with a slice of lemon in it please ;)

Esty 11-01-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davin
:(

This just keeps getting better and better.

Hopefully, jim dies before the epic chicago shows. That would be fucking sweet.

Savesthegirl 11-01-2007 11:50 AM

http://kdge.com/pages/concert_calendar.html

the Dallas show has been rescheduled to Nov. 18th.

Brute Squad 11-01-2007 11:53 AM

This is the Austin thread you dolt.

Savesthegirl 11-01-2007 11:55 AM

duh. but some peeps are going to both shows. figured they'd care to know.

JHeibel 11-01-2007 11:59 AM

thanks for posting!

Savesthegirl 11-01-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHeibel
thanks for posting!

YOU are welcome :)

TuralyonW3 11-01-2007 12:02 PM

This whole situation is so fucked up. I just called the Backyard and they have no official info from the band's management and are still planning on the pumpkins playing tomorrow night.

TuralyonW3 11-01-2007 12:08 PM

I'm so fucking pissed that the actual band won't let us know what's up. We're fucking making them rich buying tickets and they don't give a fuck about us trying to organize our crazy lives.

skipgo 11-01-2007 12:16 PM

yeah yesterday i was defending them, but if jimmy's out of the hospital by now, it's only fair that they let us know what's going on.

JHeibel 11-01-2007 01:08 PM

According the GetTix rep, the show is still going on.....as far as they know. WTF!! Although, I'm sure they have to say that until they receive official word from the band or record label.

Brute Squad 11-01-2007 01:10 PM

I'll shoot an e-mail to the band's management. Maybe they can shed some light on this.

aldango 11-01-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong
I'll shoot an e-mail to the band's management. Maybe they can shed some light on this.

you rock, Andrew

redchandelier 11-01-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
This whole situation is so fucked up. I just called the Backyard and they have no official info from the band's management and are still planning on the pumpkins playing tomorrow night.

yeah I called them too... they said they did not yet know if the show would be cancelled but that they would post it up on their website as soon as they got the info from the band and also to call back again later to see if they had new information

hgdf 11-01-2007 01:21 PM

Dallas has been rescheduled for 11/18. Now I wonder what's up with Austin.

TuralyonW3 11-01-2007 01:28 PM

So get THIS:

I called What Made Milwaukee Famous's management, and they say that to their knowledge the austin show is still happening, despite WMMF saying that it's cancelled on their myspace!! gahh

PkPhuoko 11-01-2007 01:28 PM

Dallas Rescheduled 18th 110% confirmed

Austin Rescheduled 17th originally, was later told to disregard and are awaiting confirmed reschedule date per Billy Phillips @ The Backyard

TuralyonW3 11-01-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PkPhuoko
Dallas Rescheduled 18th 110% confirmed

Austin Rescheduled 17th originally, was later told to disregard and are awaiting confirmed reschedule date per Billy Phillips @ The Backyard

where did you hear about this initial backyard rescheduling?

PkPhuoko 11-01-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
where did you hear about this initial backyard rescheduling?

Direct Events does advertising with one of the papers we do. We work with them on a weekly basis. Called them up and spoke with Billy Phillips.

Brute Squad 11-01-2007 01:41 PM

I haven't sent the e-mail yet, but it looks like someone already got the info we're looking for.

PkPhuoko 11-01-2007 01:45 PM

UPDATE (Somewhat Major):

There may be some issues with The Backyard as a venue. Its a seasonal venue (always has been) and apparently this was meant to be the last show of the year. Thus the delay in announcement. Direct Events is getting shit in order to see if they can even hold an event past this week (city related shit and all that). In the event they can't they're working on refund scenarios and what not.

I dont know the pumpkins managements side I'm simply informed on the venues side.

Brute Squad 11-01-2007 01:46 PM

oh. i'll e-mail them then.

JRiordan 11-01-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PkPhuoko
UPDATE (Somewhat Major):

There may be some issues with The Backyard as a venue. Its a seasonal venue (always has been) and apparently this was meant to be the last show of the year. Thus the delay in announcement. Direct Events is getting shit in order to see if they can even hold an event past this week (city related shit and all that). In the event they can't they're working on refund scenarios and what not.

Someone speculated about this earlier in the thread and it sounded like a big concern. This validates it...

PkPhuoko 11-01-2007 01:58 PM

Yeah... direct events doesnt have as deep of pockets as Nokias operators/promoters do. This is a huge deal for them. They want to resecure them as an act, or at least break even on the advertising they spent as they pushed quite a few radio/paper adverts on this.

SlingeroGuitaro 11-01-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRiordan
Someone speculated about this earlier in the thread and it sounded like a big concern. This validates it...

yup. twas me. not surprising.

god i'll be pissed if they dont end up playing here.

Brute Squad 11-01-2007 02:02 PM

Response from the band's management:

They are all being re-scheduled, and the dates will be posted today…

Subject: Canceled Smashing Pumpkins shows

Obviously the Atlanta shows were canceled, but there is conflicting information(radio and venue websites) about the Austin and Dallas dates on Friday and Saturday. Are they canceled? postponed?

Many fans would like to know.

aldango 11-01-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong
Response from the band's management:

They are all being re-scheduled, and the dates will be posted today…

Subject: Canceled Smashing Pumpkins shows

Obviously the Atlanta shows were canceled, but there is conflicting information(radio and venue websites) about the Austin and Dallas dates on Friday and Saturday. Are they canceled? postponed?

Many fans would like to know.

Thanks Andrew!

JHeibel 11-01-2007 03:05 PM

The Smashing Pumpkins concert at The Backyard this Friday, November 2 has been rescheduled for Tuesday, November 13. Tickets will be honored at the door on November 13. For refunds, please contact GetTix 1-866-443-8849. Refunds will be granted until January 31, 2008.

http://www.thebackyard.net

CRAP!!