Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AUSTIN TX !!! (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=149981)

SlingeroGuitaro 11-14-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somaziro
ya i thought about that after the concert, kinda a douche thing to do i guess, i was just having so much fun wasn't really thinking about that.

dunno if any of yall heard me, but right when HMM was just starting and the keyboard part just got started the crowd got super super quiet and I yelled out "Billy YOU ARE A HEAVY METAL MACHINE!!!!!"

after the show I realized I was "that guy" that you hate on all the boots, the one that won't shut up and sings along with all the songs and yells shit when it gets quiet haha... I always hated those douche bags on the bootlegs I have, but I guess when you are actually in the moment, you just don't think about those things, especially if you are very excited~!

oh that was you.

yeah, you were that guy ;)

somaziro 11-14-2007 11:52 AM

ya sorry =)

AnnMarie727 11-14-2007 11:55 AM

I'm not sure why bc chose to play with the frogs. the message in their song is terrible- the frog song. it's full of negative energy and it's unpleasant. i personally feel that Jimmy the frog is surround with dark energy and that the man is quite disturbed. i would have zero desire in wanting to interact with him

if j.frog did assault ginger i wouldnt be surprised in the least. and this makes me very mad.

in the old video on the hipsters site of them (bc and Jim frog) playing together, you can clearly see that J. frog has tremendous jealously issues with bc. first when bc started to play the first time he took his cool sunglasses off. why? then when bc was doing his Amazing guitar work , j.frog totally started acting wild singing into people's faces for attention. then he actually became physically agressive and jumped on bc and wrapped a wire around his legs. this all in jest but it is an indication 100 % of the dynamic between the two. i dont know if bc realizes this but he makes it a point to make friends with people who are jealous of him, or mean to him and want to keep him locked up. he does this time and time again. it's a pattern that i Desperately wish he would Let himself Release. because the man is So Beautiful. he has sooooo much more inside of him that he wants desperately to express but he wont let himself. it's very painful for me to watch him do this to himself. =_( if he ever did express his true potential i am 100% Certain that the World would be blown away by what comes out of him.

redchandelier 11-14-2007 12:18 PM

OK so it finally happened, I am now able to get into P&C, I admit the fucking lalalalalalas threw me off when I first heard it, but after hearing it last night, I can't help but like it. Hey Mayday I kind of see where you're coming from with the whole JF thing, and I agree Billy is beautiful and he looked fucking hot last night, but in person he looks even thinner than he does in the concert pix, so I think I will kidnap him and force feed him until he's at normal human weight (which for a guy his size would probably be somewhere around 10-15 lbs.) because right now he's at scarry skeletor weight

AnnMarie727 11-14-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchandelier
OK so it finally happened, I am now able to get into P&C, I admit the fucking lalalalalalas threw me off when I first heard it, but after hearing it last night, I can't help but like it. Hey Mayday I kind of see where you're coming from with the whole JF thing, and I agree Billy is beautiful and he looked fucking hot last night, but in person he looks even thinner than he does in the concert pix, so I think I will kidnap him and force feed him until he's at normal human weight (which for a guy his size would probably be somewhere around 10-15 lbs.) because right now he's at scarry skeletor weight

right on girl!
that boy needs to put the lbs back on. 15lbs would be great. he's a big boy, he needs to swallow some food. =). i hope Thanksgiving and Christmas will help! :)

JRiordan 11-14-2007 12:54 PM

LMAO @ the last 3 posts

Don't worry ladies, the Frogs are just a gimmick, and Billy likes it, and has for apparently 17+ years.

SlingeroGuitaro 11-14-2007 01:50 PM

for those that are interested, here is the portion of 'couldnt stand the weatherl that they played

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lli8v6

edit: this is SRV's version, for those that dont know what the song is like

JRiordan 11-14-2007 02:03 PM

^ Did you tape?

New Art Rioter 11-14-2007 02:08 PM

Wow, what a great recording. Can't wait to hear the rest of the show! Billy's guitar tone sounds so rad

SlingeroGuitaro 11-14-2007 02:11 PM

adfghadsojgh i knew that would happen... thats SRVs studio version.... not many people know that song. that is the section of the song they played. they made it really heavy, and jeff played the lie burning lead

sorry :(

i can confirm at least 3 recordings of the show, though, so keep your eyes open

skipgo 11-14-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnMarie727
I'm not sure why bc chose to play with the frogs. the message in their song is terrible- the frog song. it's full of negative energy and it's unpleasant. i personally feel that Jimmy the frog is surround with dark energy and that the man is quite disturbed. i would have zero desire in wanting to interact with him

if j.frog did assault ginger i wouldnt be surprised in the least. and this makes me very mad.

in the old video on the hipsters site of them (bc and Jim frog) playing together, you can clearly see that J. frog has tremendous jealously issues with bc. first when bc started to play the first time he took his cool sunglasses off. why? then when bc was doing his Amazing guitar work , j.frog totally started acting wild singing into people's faces for attention. then he actually became physically agressive and jumped on bc and wrapped a wire around his legs. this all in jest but it is an indication 100 % of the dynamic between the two. i dont know if bc realizes this but he makes it a point to make friends with people who are jealous of him, or mean to him and want to keep him locked up. he does this time and time again. it's a pattern that i Desperately wish he would Let himself Release. because the man is So Beautiful. he has sooooo much more inside of him that he wants desperately to express but he wont let himself. it's very painful for me to watch him do this to himself. =_( if he ever did express his true potential i am 100% Certain that the World would be blown away by what comes out of him.

oh mayday. :noway:

i've met jimmy, outside of his stage persona. He was a very nice person, he wasn't anything like the guy he PRETENDS to be on stage. It's his gimmick. It's performance and entertainment. The second time i met him he remembered me from the first time, and he gave me some picks and stuff. He was a pretty cool guy all around. Mayday sometimes i think you've got a screw loose.

New Art Rioter 11-14-2007 02:35 PM

She's clearly a future mad old cat woman. Except the cats will all be pictures of Billy

SlingeroGuitaro 11-14-2007 02:37 PM

or cats named billy

SlingeroGuitaro 11-14-2007 02:44 PM

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/gall...f3ed7a4cdb.jpg

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/gall...dbb3eed4a9.jpg

Floppy Nono 11-14-2007 02:59 PM

oh my god, that's jimmy flemion? you've got to be shitting my dick!

New Art Rioter 11-14-2007 03:02 PM

I never thought I'd see the day where Billy's stage attire is more outlandish than Jimmy's. Bizarre.

aldango 11-14-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floppy Nono
oh my god, that's jimmy flemion? you've got to be shitting my dick!

yeah it was REALLY weird

Brute Squad 11-14-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro
agreed 100%. ive never thought ginger was good looking... she was slightly more so in person, but lisa... jesus. i was watching her during superchrist.. she's fucking sexy.

If anything, Ginger occasionally looks cute when she's bouncing along to the music. I'm just glad I didn't have to see her up close.

And yes, Lisa is hoooottttt. She's got a nice figure. Anyone else loving the suspenders look? C'mon, gimme a five-high.

SlingeroGuitaro 11-14-2007 03:18 PM

*high five*

SpFission 11-14-2007 03:44 PM

jesus...they had so much hair back in the day.

davin 11-14-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

*high five*

:noway:

lisa may look better on stage than ginger with her funky hair and too much makeup, but based on all pics i have seen, from other bands and whatnot, ginger >>>>> lisa imo.

AnnMarie727 11-14-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

or cats named billy

a mad cat woman... hmmm. nah that's not me. i like cats a lot but i like most animals. i used to have three cats because we had enough property to have as many as i wanted, but now i have none. i will be getting one or two maybe next spring.

actually i did have a cat named Billy but the cat came with that name when i adopted him. he was a beautiful cat. with gorgeous big green eyes and was black and white. and i miss him. when i first brought him home he was way over weight because he was someone's office cat and they just fed him treats all day. i helped him lose his belly and he looked great. but no Ive never named any of my cats after Billy Corgan or any of my pets for that matter and I dont plan on doing so in the future.

Skipgo, ok about the frog guy. he still urks me upon first impressions but you're right i dont know enough about him to really decide what i entirely feel about the guy

Rickpat12 11-14-2007 08:01 PM

HOLY SHIT JIMMY LOOS SO DIFFERENT. It is quite humorus that Billy's clothes are crazier than Jimmy's haha. But hey, seems like a kick ass time, can't wait to hear it!

donnie darko 11-14-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davin
:noway:

lisa may look better on stage than ginger with her funky hair and too much makeup, but based on all pics i have seen, from other bands and whatnot, ginger >>>>> lisa imo.

without the cheap red lipstick maybe, but lisa is soooo hot, and she knows it

MisterSquishyHalo 11-14-2007 10:34 PM

I know some of you guys live in Austin, and many we're in Austin last night. Did anyone happen to see this girl?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2067/...7ea0f90c_m.jpg

Zenobia Bectol, age 14, was kidnapped from her home in Austin, TX, last night. She is approx. 5' 6", 175 lbs. She has short red (dyed) hair. Police believe she is still in the Austin area, possibly in South Austin. The police initially thought Zenobia Bectol was a runaway but now have evidence that she was kidnapped. If you have seen Zenobia Bectol, please contact the Austin Police Department immediately. Please repost this notice.

reprise85 11-15-2007 12:19 AM

baldy brigade!

which netphorian from the show abducted this girl? c'mon, admit it...
seriously hope she is found soon.

SlingeroGuitaro 11-15-2007 05:21 AM

Quote:

Review: The Smashing Pumpkins at the Backyard

By Damon Garcia | Wednesday, November 14, 2007, 04:41 PM

The Smashing Pumpkins have not played Austin since a May 2000 show at the Austin Music Hall during the “Machina” tour, a long wait for fans. The Backyard provided the right amount of intimacy Tuesday night to showcase the band’s sound and enhance the crispness of their more melodic beats.

Problems at the gate were an early nuisance, as many found themselves in a long line to park, followed by a 10-minute uphill trek to reach the gates. Already irritated, many were turned back by security to return cameras to their cars.

Being one of the unfortunate late attendees, I arrived to see the Smashing Pumpkins already playing. The band was clothed in all white, with lead singer/guitarist Billy Corgan in white scrubs with a black and white striped long-sleeved undershirt complemented with matching knee-high socks.

About midway through the show, Corgan channeled his softer, poetic side during the light melodic tracks “1979,” “Today” and “Stand Inside your love.” Drummer Jimmy Chamberlain displayed his signature driving backbeat jazzlike flourishes during “Zero.” Corgan smiled and nodded at his longtime friend and drummer as if to say, “on point as usual.” Then as quick and softly as the poet emerged, he was gone and an abrasive, much more intense Corgan unleashed shrieking yells upon the crowd. The new members of the group, bassist Ginger Reyes and guitarist Jeff Schroeder, matched the energy of Corgan and Chamberlain. Pure blissful prog-rock chaos hit the audience when duel guitar solos were showcased in “Heavy Metal Machine.” Just what I was waiting to hear from the Chicago band.

The crowd, on the other hand, did not match the band’s energy. Corgan attempted to interact with the crowd, but he was met with many blank faces. Only about a quarter of the crowd knew enough of the words to sing along and began filtering out just before the encore. The younger members of the audience didn’t seem familiar with the music, so they followed suit and cut their evening short.

By the end of the night, three quarters of the crowd remained, and were rewarded with some rarities and older hits, including “Cherub Rock” off 1993’s “Siamese Dream.” The band left the stage and appeared to be finished. However, not one person moved as they chanted for a second encore. Their chants were answered. The Pumpkins finished with “Lucky 13,” “I Only Play for Money,” “Taxman,” a Beatles cover and finally, “Disarm.” The crowd was left in awe, yearning for more.

austin360.com

LoneStarPumpkin 11-15-2007 10:18 AM

Here's a pretty sweet picture my buddy took with his smuggled camera:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1614/flemionxc9.jpg

AnnMarie727 11-15-2007 12:48 PM

J frog looks good with the BC hair style and a suit. much more attractive than the mullet and frog thing

sppunk 11-15-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSquishyHalo
I know some of you guys live in Austin, and many we're in Austin last night. Did anyone happen to see this girl?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2067/...7ea0f90c_m.jpg

Zenobia Bectol, age 14, was kidnapped from her home in Austin, TX, last night. She is approx. 5' 6", 175 lbs. She has short red (dyed) hair. Police believe she is still in the Austin area, possibly in South Austin. The police initially thought Zenobia Bectol was a runaway but now have evidence that she was kidnapped. If you have seen Zenobia Bectol, please contact the Austin Police Department immediately. Please repost this notice.

It'd be awesome if you spelled the girl's last name correctly.

Bechtol.