Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

Eulogy 10-12-2019 09:01 AM

My best friends just had their baby and I normally cringe when asked to hold a baby but I want to hold this baby. Like I want to protect it like it’s mine. Emotions are weird guys.

Cool As Ice Cream 10-12-2019 02:33 PM

steal it!

slunken 10-12-2019 05:14 PM

Take it to Aldi

Elphenor 10-13-2019 07:31 AM

7

days

until

I see The Dots


Elphenor 10-13-2019 07:33 AM

this is bigger for me than Peter Murphy =)

bigger than Robyn Hitchcock

bigger than PiL

smashingjj 10-14-2019 11:51 AM

Huh?

toase 10-14-2019 12:49 PM

do you know who is bigger than peter murphy??????????????????????

FoolofaTook 10-14-2019 02:25 PM

my dad?

slunken 10-14-2019 06:24 PM

Bigger than Aldi?

FoolofaTook 10-15-2019 10:22 AM

:noway:

Mals Marola 10-17-2019 11:09 AM

You know how British people say "an" before "history" or other such words that begin with h?

That's some bullshit

pronounce the h

yo soy el mejor 10-17-2019 12:08 PM

it would be an honner

Mals Marola 10-17-2019 12:29 PM

if un-silenting the h in honor is what it takes, then i am up for the task

smashingjj 10-17-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals Marola (Post 4520055)
You know how British people say "an" before "history" or other such words that begin with h?

That's some bullshit

pronounce the h

you don't nkow how to spaek yr own langauge, brosquito!

Mals Marola 10-17-2019 02:55 PM

you just said "ow," didn't you

vixnix 10-18-2019 07:37 PM

My kid is quitting jazz band because he turned up to rugby practice one day with his trombone (because he’d had a lesson that day) and one of his team mates asked him what it was for, and he said “Jazz Band” and another team mate said “huh. You jazz fuck.” and he was humiliated

Shallowed 10-19-2019 04:30 AM

There is no "jazz fuck" in "team"

Eulogy 10-19-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4520107)
My kid is quitting jazz band because he turned up to rugby practice one day with his trombone (because he’d had a lesson that day) and one of his team mates asked him what it was for, and he said “Jazz Band” and another team mate said “huh. You jazz fuck.” and he was humiliated

I’m not a parent but I would encourage him to not quit! I have a feeling you tried but it would be sad to give up on an instrument. Generally that lasts a lot longer than athletic stuff.

Eulogy 10-19-2019 07:51 AM

He said, from experience. I did sports and played stuff and guess which one I can’t do anymore lol

yo soy el mejor 10-19-2019 09:30 AM

not even that. it will be regretful to have let stupid comments from fellow kids make you feel humiliated enough to punish yourself by giving up something you like. that's a lot of power to give that to that rugby fuck.

Cool As Ice Cream 10-19-2019 01:02 PM

yosoy the white knight

FoolofaTook 10-19-2019 01:29 PM


vixnix 10-19-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4520117)
I’m not a parent but I would encourage him to not quit! I have a feeling you tried but it would be sad to give up on an instrument. Generally that lasts a lot longer than athletic stuff.

Surprisingly, he still wants to play and have lessons...and wants to try playing in the youth band section of the local brass band (out of school).

vixnix 10-19-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4520121)
not even that. it will be regretful to have let stupid comments from fellow kids make you feel humiliated enough to punish yourself by giving up something you like. that's a lot of power to give that to that rugby fuck.

Jazz Band had other issues. And he was already a bit embarrassed about being in it and the guys in it weren’t that welcoming, either. But he was prepared to stay anyway. The jazz fuck comment was just the final straw.

Shallowed 10-19-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4520121)
not even that. it will be regretful to have let stupid comments from fellow kids make you feel humiliated enough to punish yourself by giving up something you like. that's a lot of power to give that to that rugby fuck.

Is this the lesson you're trying to teach us by being one of the most prolific bullies on this forum?

ilikeplanets 10-20-2019 02:19 AM

I think jazz fuck is a pretty great compliment. I guess it just depends on where you're at in life.

Mals Marola 10-20-2019 09:14 AM

it's pretty blank as far as insults go. when i was in school they just hit me with "piano nerd" or something of that ilk :beatup:

FoolofaTook 10-20-2019 09:19 AM


duovamp 10-20-2019 09:28 AM

I say instruments and sports are stupid. That child could be working in one of my many factories as a valuable member of society, rather than pursuing foolish little hopes and dreams only to wind up a shiftless beggar on the streets!

smashingjj 10-20-2019 04:47 PM

- Verified Reviewer


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022