Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   KEEP CALM AND STUDY ON: NETPHORIANS IN COLLEGE - WORLD TOUR 2016/2017 (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=183927)

yo soy el mejor 10-28-2021 01:57 PM

only rich people put money ahead of all else. i don't have to have an extra 25k lying around to take a job that pays significantly less but would still provide a living wage, which i've never had before. and i'll be glad to not have to work two PT jobs while going to school ever again. get y0 rich honkie ass out my face, bruh.

and pardon me for reading books and having a big fat curious brain

topleybird 10-28-2021 02:43 PM

"Only rich people would take a slightly less desirable job to provide an extra $25k for their family" is certainly a take

So, to be clear, living below the paycheck-to-paycheck level and aspiring to get to that level, and being able to by attending college: not privileged; living at that level and aspiring to get anywhere above it: privileged, indicates I'm rich

Being able to read is passing as white

BlissedandGone2 11-03-2021 04:50 PM

i remember i used to come on here in college and complain about my roommate and then-girlfriend all the time! That was over 10 years ago and, in turn, makes me want to die!!! such fun!!

ilikeplanets 11-03-2021 05:06 PM

I feel you. Also can't believe I graduated college 10 years ago next month.

vixnix 11-06-2021 10:37 PM

I’ve gone back to do yet more study and I’m trying to decide if the stress is actually worth it now that I’m working full time and trying to parent two teenagers as well

I might quit. Because I certainly do not seem able of keeping calm

Keeping awake is also a challenge

ilikeplanets 11-07-2021 12:40 AM

More power to you if you can do it. Now that my attention is torn in so many directions, I could never retain anything from a textbook or lecture.

vixnix 11-09-2021 05:58 PM

I’m here in class and sympathise with others who feel bad self confidence

I feel bad self confidence

The material isn’t too bad. I think this is a course where if you want to do well, you learn the teacher as much as you learn the material

yo soy el mejor 11-09-2021 09:48 PM

ugh, looking at law schools today that offer full scholarships in austin, atlanta, and st. louis. although i probably will not apply for another 2-5 years, it's good to know what i should be working on to get those because i will not take out another loan. apparently i just need to keep doing what i am doing and figure out a plan/timeline for studying and taking the LSAT

buzzard 11-10-2021 12:04 AM

I wonder what Kyle Rittenhouse is going to study once the acquittal comes through.

Fonzie 11-10-2021 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4586597)
I wonder what Kyle Rittenhouse is going to study once the acquittal comes through.

Race relations?

yo soy el mejor 11-10-2021 02:48 AM

PR or entertainment/politics is my guess

yo soy el mejor 11-10-2021 02:57 AM

but fingers crossed y'all (we) are just being cheeky for no reason and there is a verdict in which this white killer at least gets the same time as Tanya McDowell (who is black and was unhoused) did for using a procured address for her kid to attend a better school which got her 12 fucking years. Sure is sad that people just pray for the bare minimum--or downright dismiss and make a joke of the idea of a guilty verdict becoming reality--when it comes to punishing a honkie for a crime including murder.

i see & h8 u, united states.

ovary 11-10-2021 01:04 PM

i'm surprised you're not celebratig rittenhouse as a murderer of white men

Disco King 11-10-2021 03:17 PM

Look, nobody here is celebrating white-on-white crime. We're just wondering why nobody is talking about the aspects of their culture that glamourize guns and normalize violence as a solution to their problems.

MyOneAndOnly 11-10-2021 03:26 PM

My GF is in the middle of her Doctorate in computer science and data engineering. She has been hesitant to nail down her exact doctoral study subject. She was fighting with the university because they created new restrictions on the scope of her study subject. She had even considered quitting her Doctorate program over it. A few days ago she said she had come to a decision and knew what she would be working on, and then rambled off one long sentence that sounded like technobabble and lasted about 90 seconds...

I have no idea what she said. I don't understand any of it. I don't really even know what she's doing... only that by the end of next year she will be a Dr.

MyOneAndOnly 11-10-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovary (Post 4586626)
i'm surprised you're not celebratig rittenhouse as a murderer of white men

I will celebrate when that sociopath is in prison with his fellow murderers.

Quote:

Rittenhouse took the stand on his own behalf on the second day of the defense's case in Kenosha.

While speaking about one of his victims, Joseph Rosenbaum, Rittenhouse became emotional and was apparently unable to continue.

Judge Bruce Schroeder quickly called a 10-minute recess. The judge could be seen comforting Rittenhouse by offering him a bottle of water.
https://www.rawstory.com/kyle-ritten...ries-at-trial/

buzzard 11-10-2021 05:02 PM

I wonder what courses Fetty Wap might take to make the most of the ten or so years' worth of free time he might be coming into soon.

MyOneAndOnly 11-11-2021 06:40 PM

The dry dry fake non tears of a White killer crying for sympathy

Quote:

Charged in the killings of two men and injury of another amid days of racial justice protests last summer, the defendant started to falter on the stand as he described that fateful night last August, when the then-17-year-old was armed with a rifle, patrolling the streets of a town that was not his own. Rittenhouse’s eyes shut almost completely, save for an occasional glance to his left in the direction of the jury. Then came the sobbing, which kept the rest of his response to his attorney’s questioning about that evening from escaping his quivering lips.

Rittenhouse’s blubbering was the headline of the day after the defendant offered his much-awaited testimony in the case Wednesday, recalling the night he shot Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber to death and “vaporized” 90 percent of the bicep of medic Gaige Grosskreutz, according to Grosskreutz’s testimony. Rittenhouse wasn’t weeping with regret; he was claiming self-defense, and recounting how he felt his life was in danger.

https://www.vox.com/2021/11/11/22775...OvUIG116nL737E

yo soy el mejor 11-11-2021 08:03 PM

the murderousness notwithstanding, his "cry-face" is so bad

buzzard 11-11-2021 08:29 PM

It's pretty crazy that the judge got as angry as he did with the prosecution for making reference to a video recorded two weeks before the shootings in which Mr Rittenhouse commented about shooting men he thought were shoplifting at a pharmacy.

Prosecutors earlier this year sought permission to introduce into evidence a brief video taken 15 days before the protest shootings, in which Rittenhouse is heard watching some men exit a CVS pharmacy and commenting that he wished he had his rifle so he could shoot them because he thought they were shoplifters.

"Bro, I wish I had my [expletive] AR. l'd start shooting rounds at them."
- Kyle Rittenhouse, innocent defender of the people.

topleybird 11-19-2021 02:26 PM

:banging:

Great news about Rittenhouse, everybody! Turns out he didn't do anything wrong! Truly this is Hell and we are living in it!

Ram27 11-27-2021 09:13 PM

yes

the mayans were right. it all ended in 2012 and this is merely a feverdream

Ram27 11-27-2021 09:15 PM

i have a paper due friday that's 25% of my grade. 25 fucking percent. like -- why did i even bother trying on other shit if this fucking thing is basically the pass/fail determinant?

and horribly enough it's about how music induces the release of dopamine. like. can i just link to a compilation of my jimmy posts and call it a day?

yo soy el mejor 11-27-2021 09:37 PM

how many pages? once you flesh out a good outline, you'll be on easy street and the paper will write itself. i've learned the hard way even the loosest (yet concise) outlines are never a waste of time. and write your introduction last because it's easier to introduce content that exists.

Ram27 11-28-2021 12:22 AM

the dude didn't say. he gave an example paper that was 4 pages and got a C, then a paper that was 6 pages and got an A. so that /implies/ 6 pages - but why can't he just say that!

i have a really ruff outline i typed up just from - learning instruments and listening to SP over the years. basically i just need to find a shit ton of published papers about the brain and synapses and shit from NIH/etc and cite them.

buzzard 11-28-2021 02:52 AM

Missed opportunity to have tricked us into writing it with a clever thread topic.