Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Where's the album? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188906)

Rens 04-07-2022 11:24 PM

Where's the album?

Weren't they recording an album?
All I see is shitty vinyl releases and a madame lulu website that barely works on mobile that sells jazz records.

What the hell happened to them being in the studio?

Joey Goldberg 04-07-2022 11:25 PM

Rat

Bastard

Mother

Fucking

Quinto

Ram27 04-07-2022 11:59 PM

just sitting there

Big Truck05 04-08-2022 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg (Post 4591558)
Rat

Bastard

Mother

Fucking

Quinto

Say it ain't so!

Big Truck05 04-08-2022 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rens (Post 4591557)
All I see is shitty vinyl releases and a madame lulu website that barely works on mobile that sells jazz records.

Totally forgot about this.

Can't believe Billy reneged on another project. Shocking!

AveryLoren 04-08-2022 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rens (Post 4591557)

My goodness, that join date.

Rens 04-08-2022 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Truck05 (Post 4591562)
Totally forgot about this.

Can't believe Billy reneged on another project. Shocking!

Did they ever finish that crappy anime series?

Forgotten Child 04-08-2022 03:44 AM

Jimmy:
Quote:

We recently finished recording a thirty-three song “opera/play” type of endeavor that is the music to an incredible narrative/story that Billy wrote. We are still working on the release schedule, so stay tuned.

Shallowed 04-08-2022 07:18 AM

i'll do it on sunday.

topleybird 04-08-2022 10:18 AM

I think it's clear Jimmy is just talking about music, but "'opera/play' type endeavor" — my god, can you imagine if Billy made them all record skits with really flowery, stilted dialogue? Like I love "Cupid de Locke" a lot, but imagine that monologue at the end, except it's several people talking to each other.

teh b0lly!!1 04-08-2022 02:32 PM

It's gonna look exactly like the Solara video and it's gonna rule

teh b0lly!!1 04-08-2022 02:33 PM

in faith,

in compassion,

a n d i n l o v e .

Joey Goldberg 04-08-2022 02:35 PM

brothahi4L 04-08-2022 05:32 PM

My bet is: there wont be any album this year.
Cannot imagine, cause the guy putting out bootlegs now...adorish and pre pumpkins stuff.
Everyone thought about machina reissue which got obviously abandoned and mcis2... Which will not be released like the psychedelic album/ shiny2???
Fuck this crogan barcy boy....... Have you ever been to reddit pumpkins? This is the place for sadmachines only, i guess...

Rens 04-08-2022 10:47 PM

Oh lol fuck I even forgot about Machina reissue. That been pulled too?
Why not just finish the batch? The reissues were excellent and we were almost there.

Rens 04-08-2022 10:51 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashingPum...el_album_info/

Big Truck05 04-09-2022 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rens (Post 4591568)
Did they ever finish that crappy anime series?

Who knows. That was like 485933 projects/ promises ago

Oklahoma Sexual 04-09-2022 04:29 AM

New Art Rioter 04-09-2022 04:48 AM

Gospel singers not the best development, Knights Of Malta part deux incoming

TheAlter 04-09-2022 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual (Post 4591620)

LMFAO who’s this guy?

Grown up family men in Zero shirts are fucking creepy.

eviltimeban 04-09-2022 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Art Rioter (Post 4591621)
Gospel singers not the best development, Knights Of Malta part deux incoming

Maybe the gospel singers will be singing the whole thing and Billy is just on synth for the whole album

brothahi4L 04-09-2022 09:45 AM

My expectations have never been lower. If at least they had worked on songs together ( corona isnt The excuse) there would be the chance of getting a good album again. Sending files ( imagine bill getting solos or gtr parts from james,which he would record himself anyway) is lame, but surely the modern way-lol......

Forget that project...gospel girlies uhhhahhhhh wiiihhaaa woooowwoooo wooo yeah......jesus christ .....

ninsp 04-09-2022 02:54 PM

Who gives a shit

Nater-Tater-Tot 04-09-2022 03:00 PM

New album is still being mixed, he just hasn't been updating the fans on it. B also enlisted a certain producer to come in to help "polish" the songs so that's why he's been quiet about it as of recent. That's all I know in that department.

The Machina reissue was completed after Christmas, and everything has been signed off on it but there were some issues with the artwork (big shocker) and it was essentially put on hold until he decided to announce one day that everything was complete. Originally he tried to get it released this summer, but that changed to February of next year instead assumingly to coincide with the original album release.

Neither of these projects have been shelved necessarily, they're just taking a long time to get released and as with anything B is trying to maximize all profits to fullest extent to keep his shitty tea shop and wrestling business padded with as much cash as possible.

Source: I was recently dismissed from the archive team because my "input was too negative".

All I've done is simply relay the very same concerns and frustrations that all of you have been since the Japan pre-order. Part of this job was to monitor social media and "keep our ears to the ground" on feedback.

Furnace is a great company, lovely people working there- but they sent out two separate batches of defective Japan albums that either skip like crazy on a few songs, or shipped with two "sideA/B" records.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if many of you have Japan pressings that you're keeping sealed as a collectors item and have no idea it's defective.

Initially I was pretty stoked to be a part of this, but it wasn't a "team" at all. B has assembled a random few people to vote on whatever he feels like pulling from the archives. The only feedback or ideas he or his wife are interested in are ones that make more profit.

This experience has made it quite hard to enjoy SP, and seeing how these releases are being treated as a cash grab for B's tea shop gets under my skin pretty bad. :(

AveryLoren 04-09-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nater-Tater-Tot (Post 4591632)
New album is still being mixed, he just hasn't been updating the fans on it. B also enlisted a certain producer to come in to help "polish" the songs so that's why he's been quiet about it as of recent. That's all I know in that department.

The Machina reissue was completed after Christmas, and everything has been signed off on it but there were some issues with the artwork (big shocker) and it was essentially put on hold until he decided to announce one day that everything was complete. Originally he tried to get it released this summer, but that changed to February of next year instead assumingly to coincide with the original album release.

Neither of these projects have been shelved necessarily, they're just taking a long time to get released and as with anything B is trying to maximize all profits to fullest extent to keep his shitty tea shop and wrestling business padded with as much cash as possible.

Source: I was recently dismissed from the archive team because my "input was too negative".

All I've done is simply relay the very same concerns and frustrations that all of you have been since the Japan pre-order. Part of this job was to monitor social media and "keep our ears to the ground" on feedback.

Furnace is a great company, lovely people working there- but they sent out two separate batches of defective Japan albums that either skip like crazy on a few songs, or shipped with two "sideA/B" records.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if many of you have Japan pressings that you're keeping sealed as a collectors item and have no idea it's defective.

Initially I was pretty stoked to be a part of this, but it wasn't a "team" at all. B has assembled a random few people to vote on whatever he feels like pulling from the archives. The only feedback or ideas he or his wife are interested in are ones that make more profit.

This experience has made it quite hard to enjoy SP, and seeing how these releases are being treated as a cash grab for B's tea shop gets under my skin pretty bad. :(

If this is true mind sharing how you were approached for this? Many years ago I had an invitation to something similar and brushed it off as a prank and then the Lucky 13 stuff happened.

Spaceboy88 04-09-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

:(

Since both Viper Room and Japan were ordered before anyone received product in hand, did any of the feedback on social media make it to Billy and co. for Rubano Tapes? I'm particularly interested in the universal hatred of the packaging and its lack of liner notes or photography, and not including digital downloads. Did he just brush that off?

trev 04-09-2022 07:53 PM

if each product batch is selling out, then the only way to increase profits is to reduce the costs in making each product, increase the purchase prices, or increase the number of units to sell.

doing either of the last 2 might be 'risky' if he wants to keep aiming for sold out products every time.

therefore there's no incentive to improve the products themselves. at least not while they are selling out.

Spaceboy88 04-09-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trev (Post 4591641)
if each product batch is selling out, then the only way to increase profits is to reduce the costs in making each product, increase the purchase prices, or increase the number of units to sell.

doing either of the last 2 might be 'risky' if he wants to keep aiming for sold out products every time.

therefore there's no incentive to improve the products themselves. at least not while they are selling out.

At the quantities he's pressing, he'll sell them out no matter what. This isn't that Siddhartha bullshit and he even moved many of those complete ripoffs. He could sell the FLAC files for $20 and still offer $80 un-signed versions of the vinyl and he'd still sell them out in under 24 hours. Not to mention the $100 premium he charges for signed models which goes right into their pockets.

Raskolnikov 04-09-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Lots of Good Meat

Well, if that ain't the most interesting post I've seen on this board in a LONG time, I'm not sure what is.

All of that seems logical/credible to me... welcome to the crew, Nate.

Ram27 04-09-2022 09:42 PM

Lucky 14