Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SNL'S TREASURE TROVE OF NUGGS VOLUME 3:TODAY IS THE GREATEST MACHINES OF GOD (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=177953)

Cool As Ice Cream 11-14-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlo (Post 3931763)
Thank SLN

SLN or SNL?
one would think soniclovenoize translates to SLN, but it seems to be SNL after all.

vajohna 11-14-2012 06:06 AM

Home from the Arising! Tour >

MyOneAndOnly 11-14-2012 09:24 AM

Huge thanks to SLN for this!

listening to this makes me angry. some good songs got ruined in the studio.

soniclovenoize 11-14-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 3931722)
h-hey soniclovenoize, you missed my question

Sorry, it is a secret!

killtrocity 11-14-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs (Post 3931615)
Thanks for all your hard work. But I must ask, why do you not like the Machina shows so much. I understand that Mike's playing could get a little nauseating, but for the most part I thought it was when the band was at their tightest.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funn...n00b-12280.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...skyscraper.jpg

slunken 11-14-2012 02:27 PM

mike garson, pal

slunken 11-14-2012 02:28 PM

NOW WHO IS NOOB

Brisk 11-14-2012 02:45 PM

These songs are immense guys, not sure how they don't move you etc.

Mike's piano in some songs is beautiful, like the intros and stuff. An example is Blue Skies and then there is a bit later on in that song where there is a breakdown/jam and he plays chords along with the guitar. Sounds so good.

MyOneAndOnly 11-14-2012 03:09 PM

http://emob130.photobucket.com/album...f?t=1263948632

Eulogy 11-14-2012 03:21 PM

i love machina. haven't actually heard much from that era aside from the UC show, where the machina material sounded pretty good.

thanks for this. will listen sometime soon.

soniclovenoize 11-14-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk (Post 3931846)
Mike's piano in some songs is beautiful, like the intros and stuff. An example is Blue Skies and then there is a bit later on in that song where there is a breakdown/jam and he plays chords along with the guitar. Sounds so good.

I just want to add guys, that the downside to this thing that I knew going in was that I can't 1nclud3 everyone's favorite version of one of the songs. Lots of people have expressed that they love that arrangement of BSBT, but alas I don't much care for it. As I had mentioned in another thread, I thought Mike Garson fit the mood of the Adore songs; not so much the Machina songs. Rather, I thought the versions they played earlier in the tour, which begins as the Machina version, but transforms into the Arising version on the second verse. That, to me, was the most exciting thing of the entire tour. I nearly pooped my pants when I first heard it. It's a total tip of the hat to the Uber-Fans like us, to play this alternate arrangement that was only available on bootlegs. That's why I included it. And this version has that insane jam at the end there...

This is the luxury I had, to make these calls, because, well I'm the one making this! But there's nothing stopping anyone from downloading the Garson-wanky version of BSBT or even the acoustic This Time, and simply patch it in. I won't be upset about it. ;) Different strokes for different folks...

RenewRevive 11-14-2012 03:53 PM

Fucking ZOMB deleted my account! so had to re-register. anyways, dl'd this and it's a good listen, thanks for the effort.

Brisk 11-14-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soniclovenoize (Post 3931851)
I just want to add guys, that the downside to this thing that I knew going in was that I can't 1nclud3 everyone's favorite version of one of the songs. Lots of people have expressed that they love that arrangement of BSBT, but alas I don't much care for it. As I had mentioned in another thread, I thought Mike Garson fit the mood of the Adore songs; not so much the Machina songs. Rather, I thought the versions they played earlier in the tour, which begins as the Machina version, but transforms into the Arising version on the second verse. That, to me, was the most exciting thing of the entire tour. I nearly pooped my pants when I first heard it. It's a total tip of the hat to the Uber-Fans like us, to play this alternate arrangement that was only available on bootlegs. That's why I included it. And this version has that insane jam at the end there...

This is the luxury I had, to make these calls, because, well I'm the one making this! But there's nothing stopping anyone from downloading the Garson-wanky version of BSBT or even the acoustic This Time, and simply patch it in. I won't be upset about it. ;) Different strokes for different folks...

Wasn't bashing, the comp is superb nonetheless.

yes strokes for folks.

Mood ring 11-14-2012 08:33 PM

nothing from Resume the Pose? pfft...

Big Truck05 11-14-2012 08:59 PM

Fuck yeah, bro. Thanks

McCollum 11-15-2012 12:14 AM

Where is live adore compilation that was mentioned in the first post?

vanitycrieswhy 11-15-2012 01:23 AM

thanks - i'm loading this on my iphone for a flight to Asia tomorrow. Also digging the compilation cover art that pops up....

Brisk 11-15-2012 02:25 PM

If only Speed Kills Pittsburgh 99 was soundboard..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ON3MeWFofk

Slurpee 11-16-2012 11:07 AM

This version of I of the Mourning is burning the lies off my soul / face / everything.

MyOneAndOnly 11-16-2012 03:41 PM

I'm really liking Glass. I've always hated the album version.

soniclovenoize 11-16-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottytheoneand (Post 3932294)
I'm really liking Glass. I've always hated the album version.

My favorite version was always the one from the F&EMM tape. It's so much more steady and less rushed than the M2 version.

Venom 11-16-2012 07:19 PM

Yeah, Glass and Dross off the F&EMM tape are pretty sweet.

dean_r_koontz 11-18-2012 09:28 AM

Finally! I always wanted high quality live versions of these terrible songs.

amoergosum 11-18-2012 02:53 PM

...love the version of Glass & The Ghost Children!

jimmy drevpile 11-18-2012 03:54 PM

look forward to giving it a spin. cheers.

themadcaplaughs 11-18-2012 09:20 PM

killtrocity please leave this board and get nut cancer.

killtrocity 11-18-2012 10:01 PM

< ---
http://randomcoolstuff.com.au/wp-con...ngsta-fail.jpg

SPLATTER 11-19-2012 09:00 PM

The groove on In MY Body is killer, can't imagine Mike ever pulling that off

This Time really shows how valuable Jimmy was. Takes a ho-hum song to another place.

Shallowed 02-06-2014 04:33 AM

I asked Knuckles Hate Silence if he could upload this in flac to a file sharing website and he has delivered here:

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/64795638/file.html
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/3057725/file.html
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/33977704/file.html
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/61476686/file.html

Thank you!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2022