Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Monuments to an Elegy - PledgeMusic campaign (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=181646)

amoergosum 10-22-2014 03:52 AM

Monuments to an Elegy - PledgeMusic campaign

Quote:

Monuments to an Elegy
The new album Monuments to an Elegy is out on December 9; pre-order it here along with a host of other exclusive items

We’re excited to be releasing the new Smashing Pumpkins album, Monuments to an Elegy, in December. It is the first in a two-part album series (the second album, Day For Night, will come in 2015). The Smashing Pumpkins have teamed up with PledgeMusic to offer you a very special pre-order for the album. EVERY PRE-ORDER COMES WITH AN MP3 DOWNLOAD OF THE ALBUM

Along with digital and physical copies of the album, you can grab a limited-edition exclusive lithograph.

When you pre-order here, you’ll also get access to a part of the site where you’ll get some very special things (such as advanced streams of songs from the album and interviews with Billy).

Every purchase will come with an mp3 download of Monuments to an Elegy, which will be delivered on December 9th.

Over the coming months, we will be adding even more things here for you.

We thank you for pre-ordering and hope you enjoy the album once its released.

NOTE – ALL PRICING INCLUDES DOMESTIC OR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Link:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/smashingpumpkins

Cool As Ice Cream 10-22-2014 03:55 AM

:rolleyes:

Cool As Ice Cream 10-22-2014 03:58 AM

Quote:

Steven McCune commented:

Too bad none of this stuff is signed!!! :\
hahaha what a cunt

amoergosum 10-22-2014 03:59 AM

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thecoldandlovely

Cool As Ice Cream 10-22-2014 04:23 AM

so what wasn't good enough for a couple of obscure archive releases, where the risk of losing money was real, is now good enough for the new smashing pumpkins album?
makes sense. absolutely groundbreaking.

Mals Marola 10-22-2014 05:56 AM

genuinely surprised at the lack of tea here

being beige was like a soundtrack to making and drinking tea

Shallowed 10-22-2014 08:34 AM

Two questions,

What the fuck is a lithograph,

and why has so much shit been released with lithographs in the past few years?

amoergosum 10-22-2014 09:01 AM

Is Billy gonna add something like this to his PledgeMusic campaign?...;)
>>>

"One on One Songwriting with Meghan via Skype + AccessPass
$150

Do you love your cat named Kevin but have never fully expressed just how much? Meghan will help you create a song with your choice of subject matter. But hey, let’s keep it clean (unless there’s a really good rhyme available.)"

"Your Song Produced and Recorded by Meghan + AccessPass
$750

Do you want to sound like TC&L or would you like to create a unique fresh and dazzling sound that will wow your friends? Meg (a grammy nominated producer) will work with you as a producer/engineer/mulit-instrumentalist/mixer to create a recording of your own song, just as she did for the recording of TC&L record. This can be done remotely or in person in Los Angeles."

Source:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/...ely#exclusives

T&T 10-22-2014 09:03 AM

lithograph is a fancy pants type of print.

Cool As Ice Cream 10-22-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoergosum (Post 4104098)
Is Billy gonna add something like this to his PledgeMusic campaign?...;)
>>>

"One on One Songwriting with Meghan via Skype + AccessPass
$150

Do you love your cat named Kevin but have never fully expressed just how much? Meghan will help you create a song with your choice of subject matter. But hey, let’s keep it clean (unless there’s a really good rhyme available.)"

"Your Song Produced and Recorded by Meghan + AccessPass
$750

Do you want to sound like TC&L or would you like to create a unique fresh and dazzling sound that will wow your friends? Meg (a grammy nominated producer) will work with you as a producer/engineer/mulit-instrumentalist/mixer to create a recording of your own song, just as she did for the recording of TC&L record. This can be done remotely or in person in Los Angeles."

Source:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/...ely#exclusives

Lunch with Billy Corgan + AccessPass
$15,000

Includes: Lunch with Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins in LA or Chicago. Valid for 2 people at a mutually convenient time. Restaurant TBD.

Billy Corgan has made many albums by different names--with his legendary band Smashing Pumpkins and with the short-lived but acclaimed Zwan. As a writer, producer, player and singer, he's contributed to recordings by the likes of Cheap Trick, Ric Ocasek, New Order and Hole, among others and supplied the musical score for such movies as Stigmata and Ransom. In 2005, Corgan released the hauntingly beautiful The Future Embrace, his first solo album.

Bid now and meet this extremely multi-talented star for lunch in Chicago or Los Angeles for a unique lunch opportunity not to be forgotten!

Ram27 10-22-2014 09:15 AM

Why do they act like a digital download is such a big deal?

this is fairly pathetic

Araneae 10-22-2014 09:19 AM

I don't understand why they're doing this.

Cool As Ice Cream 10-22-2014 09:23 AM

maybe airplane mode got burned out with all the aegea and adore orders on the zuzu webshop, so they're now selling stuff through a different channel.

Shallowed 10-22-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4104106)
maybe airplane mode got burned out with all the aegea and adore orders on the zuzu webshop, so they're now selling stuff through a different channel.

Even on a Smashing Pumpkins message board this sentence makes very little sense.

Araneae 10-22-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Maybe, but they're still going to sell the often late and always overpriced tea bundles at Zuzu's. Billy didn't want anything to do with Pledgemusic, but I guess the record label and his people convinced him otherwise.

Cool As Ice Cream 10-22-2014 09:33 AM

to be honest, i don't understand this either.

Araneae 10-22-2014 09:42 AM

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of unusual things with this release, since the label, PR, and Billy seem hell bent on making a dent on the mainstream charts. My guess is that this is just another means for them to make Billy/SP as visible as possible.

s0ss 10-22-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4104101)
$15,000

Includes: Lunch with Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins in LA or Chicago. Valid for 2 people at a mutually convenient time. Restaurant TBD.

Billy Corgan has made many albums by different names--with his legendary band Smashing Pumpkins and with the short-lived but acclaimed Zwan. As a writer, producer, player and singer, he's contributed to recordings by the likes of Cheap Trick, Ric Ocasek, New Order and Hole, among others and supplied the musical score for such movies as Stigmata and Ransom. In 2005, Corgan released the hauntingly beautiful The Future Embrace, his first solo album.

Bid now and meet this extremely multi-talented star for lunch in Chicago or Los Angeles for a unique lunch opportunity not to be forgotten!

Lunch not included.

Cool As Ice Cream 10-22-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0ss (Post 4104112)
Lunch not included.

obv!

T&T 10-22-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4104101)
$15,000

I just bought it but can't afford it. Maybe I'll ask my GF to max out her credit cards. unless someone here can split it with me, and we'll go on the dinner together with billy.

Funbags 10-22-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

If you're edged cuz I'm weazin' all your grindage just chill, cruster.

Mals Marola 10-22-2014 11:32 AM

16,000 for an all-expenses-paid summer trip to Pumpkins Camp

(+ bonus disc of P. Diddy & Kanye West exclusive mixes of the album)

bye june 10-22-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbags (Post 4104133)
If you're edged cuz I'm weazin' all your grindage just chill, cruster.

buuuud-dy

Ram27 10-22-2014 11:50 AM

http://i.imgur.com/ENjFgdH.png

toase 10-22-2014 09:26 PM

Why do labels need pledgemusic?
why does billy need labels?
why do labels need billy?
what if the sun refuses to shine?

why am i here in the first place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by T&T (Post 4104130)
I just bought it but can't afford it. Maybe I'll ask my GF to max out her credit cards. unless someone here can split it with me, and we'll go on the dinner together with billy.

oh yeah, i remember now

pavementtune 11-19-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoergosum (Post 4104069)
Link:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/smashingpumpkins
Quote:

Along with digital and physical copies of the album, you can grab a limited-edition exclusive lithograph.

http://i.imgur.com/1fRvowq.jpg

Ram27 11-19-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jccomplex (Post 4115117)
If you had to market your music, it wasn't good enough...just write better songs

x

slunken 11-19-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bye june (Post 4104139)
buuuud-dy

WEAZIN THE JU-UICE

slunken 11-19-2014 07:21 PM

wow even with his name in full quotes 80% of the hits are of jersey shore

Araneae 11-19-2014 07:23 PM

They were selling a vinyl test pressing for $160? I think the tea bundle was cheaper.