Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music Board Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Here's some spam, against my better judgement... (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=180485)

Trotskilicious 02-27-2014 12:53 AM

YOUR HAT SUCKS

slunken 02-27-2014 12:55 AM

i dislike how in the culture of the arts you have to be a salesman as well as the artist. that just seems so phony to me.

*pours heart and soul into art*
*goes online HEY GUYS HAVE A LISTEN TO THIS I THINK YOU'LL REALLY ENJOY WAT U HEAR*

god i hate salesman

slunken 02-27-2014 12:56 AM

fuck i'm getting an agent

Kreatorkind 02-27-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4040344)
its okay - i'm more mad at myself that i get so mad about it. i think its just the way i was raised.

Yeah, I get that way sometimes too.

slunken 02-27-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4040345)
YOUR HAT SUCKS

he couldn't find one with R2D2 on it

Kreatorkind 02-27-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4040349)
i dislike how in the culture of the arts you have to be a salesman as well as the artist. that just seems so phony to me.

*pours heart and soul into art*
*goes online HEY GUYS HAVE A LISTEN TO THIS I THINK YOU'LL REALLY ENJOY WAT U HEAR*

god i hate salesman

I agree with that completely. But it seems like the only other option is absolutely nobody hears what you do. There's a fine tipping point between self-aggrandizing asshole and just wanting to share your art.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4040345)
YOUR HAT SUCKS

:rofl: it's also ill-fitting. But it was 10 degrees that day. Around here, warm is more important that looking fashionable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4040352)
he couldn't find one with R2D2 on it

I wish I had an R2D2 hat.

Trotskilicious 02-27-2014 01:11 AM

well then get some fashionable warm clothes you dickhead

slunken 02-27-2014 01:15 AM

move/merge this thread YOU dickhead :shrug:

Trotskilicious 02-27-2014 01:20 AM

seriously slunken this is so minor can we keep taking pot shots at this guy i mean, that's a thread on its own

the proletarian boards should merge in equality, none of this bourgeois separateness, that's how they conquer us comrade

slunken 02-27-2014 01:30 AM

It's just the point. He's getting exactly what he wants which is more exposure. Imagine if every post in the thread for posting your own music was a separate thread. Everyone else managed to follow the rules and common etiquette.

slunken 02-27-2014 01:31 AM

i had to post that from my phone because i had to reset my router AGAIN

slunken 02-27-2014 01:31 AM

time warner does not like me torrenting at all i'm convinced they're trying to throttle my data

Trotskilicious 02-27-2014 02:34 AM

of course they are it's TIME WARNER

WARNER BROTHERS

come on man

Trotskilicious 02-27-2014 02:35 AM

i had my internet cut off because someone used my open wireless to download i am legend

fuzzyroes 02-27-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4040086)
I think you mean whittled, not widdled

Haha indeed. Thats a Monteicsm if there ever was one.

fuzzyroes 02-27-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreatorkind (Post 4040319)
Hey, thanks for the feedback, and for listening. I'm sure a lot of these songs could use some more polish and refinement... but this project is more about forcing myself to work. I'm fairly happy with how things are turning out though. I'm up to 57 songs now and I haven't found it difficult to come up with ideas yet, so that's good. I think what I may end up doing when all is said and done is pick the best 12 to 15 songs and record a proper album. I have no idea how I'm going to narrow it down from 365 songs though, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. :cool:

That's rad man. Don't you think you'll probably be burned out of ideas by the time you reach the 100-150 range though? You don't wanna be like one of those guys like Corgan who just works himself to death and ends up draining the well dry. (well you probably WOULD wanna be like Corgan- What musician wouldn't? but you get my point)

Do you actually just record a song a day? Or do you spend one day and record like 5 or 6 and so on and so forth?

Also, one of the songs I checked out had the exact same melody as In The End by Green Day off of their Dookie album.:smoke::D

Tuscaloosa 02-27-2014 10:53 AM

slunken is losing his fucking mind

Kreatorkind 02-27-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4040487)
That's rad man. Don't you think you'll probably be burned out of ideas by the time you reach the 100-150 range though? You don't wanna be like one of those guys like Corgan who just works himself to death and ends up draining the well dry. (well you probably WOULD wanna be like Corgan- What musician wouldn't? but you get my point)

Do you actually just record a song a day? Or do you spend one day and record like 5 or 6 and so on and so forth?

Also, one of the songs I checked out had the exact same melody as In The End by Green Day off of their Dookie album.:smoke::D

Awe dammit! Eh, well, I guess it's really not that unusual for a song to sound like another song... but at least I didn't sample it. :p

Yeah, I usually work on one song at a time, and when I'm done, I'm done for the day. Some days I'm more productive and will actually write more than one song, but I only record one a day. Some days I'll be working on a song for a few hours and scrap it and go to something else, but I save the song to work on another day.

I don't know if the well will run dry, but I don't have to operate in any specific genre. So, I can pretty much take inspiration from any source. I'm trying to absorb odd scales like gypsy, Indian and Celtic. Also, there's always alternate tunings. The only genre I'm pretty sure I'll be avoiding is rap, because me rapping would be horribly embarrassing.

slunken 04-22-2014 08:29 PM

can you link me to some "prog rock" songs you've done?

slunken 04-22-2014 08:31 PM

i would love to hear your take on this superior genre

Shallowed 04-22-2014 09:04 PM

When are you and fuzzyroes gonna fuck? Or make some music together?

Sonic Johnny 04-22-2014 09:47 PM

Hey guys you know what make for good art? Arbitrary deadlines.

fuzzyroes 04-22-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4054134)
When are you and fuzzyroes gonna fuck? Or make some music together?

I have no urge to stick my dildo into any mens asses, but I'd love to contribute some work to one of Kreators pieces of music. I could easily and happily add some lead acoustic/electric guitar, dejambe or a little harmonica to one of his tracks.

Let me know man, Lets put the money where our mouths are, as opposed to the critics who probably can't play a note of music.

pavementtune 04-22-2014 10:59 PM

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=180843

redbreegull 04-22-2014 11:16 PM

let's all play harmonicas together

The exploding boy 04-23-2014 01:04 PM

I was gonna comment on how that's not prog but then I realized that the song was an answer to slunken.

there's an irony in the lyrics though, you say you won't give anyone anything they could use. And then you link this song.

Honestly though I cant get into this because i make music too that i suspect most people think is shit. Just an advice though, when you write a song telling people you don't care, it make it seems a lot like you care. Someone who didn't wouldn't have bothered.

fuzzyroes 04-23-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4054169)
You play harmonica, fuzzy?

I haven't played in years, now I'm trying again. I assumed it would be like riding a bike or playing piano- you don't forget how it works. But wrong, it sounds god damn horrible and I have forgotten how to get the breathing right.

Yeah, I splurged on a nice set from Honer G, C and A ones. I love em. Easy to bring along in your pocket and bring to a party when you know people are gonna be jamming. It is pretty much like riding a bike, But I feel like pretty much every instrument is, once you get to a certain skill level you never really lose it. Sure, you can get rusty or whatever, but it doesn't take long to shake it off.

fuzzyroes 04-23-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreatorkind (Post 4054265)
I get what you're saying... but that song is actually about fashion and trends... and about how much I hate advertising. I posted it more as a joking response to slunken.

sounds like you took a page outta the Billy Corgan Chrous playbook:

"I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna,
I don't wanna, I don't wanna know
I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna, I don't wanna go"

fuzzyroes 04-23-2014 11:18 PM

What program do you use for the drum loops man?