Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

ilikeplanets 06-14-2023 11:35 AM

Yeah I would definitely get rid of that, that's more than just a few days past

TheAlter 06-14-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4626977)
[IMG]20230612-104617[/IMG]

This one is for Alterboi. A chocolate banana black bean smoothie, made with almond milk and dates, and served next to several children's toys in a tacky plastic cup.

It looks great! Table I mean. It looks fantastic. Smoothie looks a bit like Yo soy el mejor, unnecessarily Mexican.

But I’m all for experimenting, just keep them coming!

yo soy el mejor 06-14-2023 12:18 PM

sounds like someone has a crush on me or is actually totally racist. no in-between

it always makes me laugh when white boys try to talk like they're cool. fuck your precious little sheltered opinion. white boy opinions don't matter!

ilikeplanets 06-14-2023 01:17 PM

The only thing unnecessary was that fight-picking, Alterboi :(

FlamingGlobes 06-14-2023 01:55 PM

Guys, you have to understand: TheAlter sees a bean, he immediately gets penis envy. I can't imagine what that must be like. Let's give the lil guy a break.

Joey Goldberg 06-14-2023 02:53 PM

even I can't justify that comment!

TheAlter 06-14-2023 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4627108)
The only thing unnecessary was that fight-picking, Alterboi :(

Excuse me what do you bean exactly? :noway:

Joey Goldberg 06-14-2023 05:53 PM

i'm surprised you don't have a profile page full of "red beans" to be quite frank!

does the average netpho simply think that's too obvious? has Alter ultimately been accepted as the necessary board "Villain" & we're just letting him do the god damn thang ?

i'm totally on board with it all just trying to gather all the necessary "brass tacks" while i write the script for it all!

ilikeplanets 06-14-2023 06:22 PM

I'm generally an Altberoi fan, until he takes it too far. He does have that fun and insightful side, ya know? Which is more than I could say about TOC, Mr. Sharter, Nimrod, Fuzzy, m*yf*ck, banana...Not to mention the literal evil psychopaths sprinkled throughout.

ilikeplanets 06-14-2023 06:24 PM

I will never understand trying to hurt people's feelings for a reaction, though. And I only hope he's just trolling and doesn't actually think such ridiculous things. Then again, I stuck up for Fuzzy sometimes, since I also thought he was simply misguided and not malicious. And that was definitely a lost cause in the end.

FlamingGlobes 06-14-2023 07:16 PM

At least fuzzy was fun. This Alter fellow is like the dry drunk version of that.

FlamingGlobes 06-14-2023 07:24 PM

Like, I recognize fuzzy was toxic and all that, but wake me up with TheAlter pisses on his GameCube.

FlamingGlobes 06-14-2023 07:41 PM

Or any of you, for that matter.

ilikeplanets 06-14-2023 07:53 PM

Fuzzy was stupid, though. I can't enjoy stupid.

ovary 06-14-2023 08:22 PM

i wonder if i am the only man in america right now taking his evening lyme disease doxycylene pill while beading friendship bracelets for the upcoming taylor concert while watching thr secrets of skinwalker ranch

TheAlter 06-15-2023 05:03 AM

Please remind ourselves Mexican is not an ethnicity and noone here is actually Mexican.
I stand by previous comment, although I do recognize that my current proximity to the Brandenburg Gate may have had some kind of evil influence on me. In that case please accept my most sincere apologies, even though you are all 100% white people with zero rights to feel offen… oh goddamn, I’m doing it again!!!

FlamingGlobes 06-15-2023 09:06 AM

So, how's being a low energy troll on a defunct message board working out for you?

Disco King 06-15-2023 02:49 PM

Fuzzy should be proud that, despite people's thoughts about him, he has left a legacy. Every disliked person (or even liked person in the heat of argument) will at some point be compared to Fuzzy and deemed unfit for candle-holding duties.

FlamingGlobes 06-15-2023 03:16 PM

I'm still fit for candle-holding duties, if you catch my drift.

FlamingGlobes 06-15-2023 03:18 PM


ilikeplanets 06-15-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4627171)
Fuzzy should be proud that, despite people's thoughts about him, he has left a legacy. Every disliked person (or even liked person in the heat of argument) will at some point be compared to Fuzzy and deemed unfit for candle-holding duties.

The thing that set Fuzzy apart from some of those other assholes I mentioned was that he *generally* wasn't trying to just be a troll, and wasn't completely deranged or relentlessly mean. He was argumentative, slightly stupid, easily influenced, and had frustratingly misguided opinions unaligned with the prevailing outlook here. But he wasn't just trying to stir shit up, at least initially. And he would sometimes admit he was wrong. Which made him seem like a crappy human, as opposed to a crappy schticky troll or a fully delusional narcissist.

ilikeplanets 06-15-2023 03:28 PM

You could have hope that Fuzzy would change, but it didn't happen and he just dug his feet in deeper and now I don't feel that way anymore. There's probably a lesson in there, about how to teach someone about your worldview without shaming them into spurning it.

FlamingGlobes 06-15-2023 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4627178)
You could have hope that Fuzzy would change, but it didn't happen and he just dug his feet in deeper and now I don't feel that way anymore. There's probably a lesson in there, about how to teach someone about your worldview without shaming them into spurning it.

This was pretty much my takeaway as well. I always got the sense there was a decent person at his core, but when someone acts like a shithead every day, you start to believe them.

Having skimmed the Falco subreddit, I can see nothing's changed in his worldview, which makes me sad. I also wonder if being mocked and called a "retard" constantly by the userbase here wasn't part of what attracted him to the darkside, as it were.

I mean, for fuck's sake, when I first arrived here, he was just a doofus who wanted to talk about Weezer. In two or three short years he went full Qanon.

Joey Goldberg 06-15-2023 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes (Post 4627181)
Having skimmed the Falco subreddit

i love how this is just the guaranteed point of access for some modern day fuzzy rose

FlamingGlobes 06-15-2023 04:04 PM

Buddy, just know that you don't have to go far for my guaranteed points of access.

ilikeplanets 06-15-2023 07:05 PM

What the fuck is that? The only Falco I've ever heard of was from Star Fox, but I'm almost positive you're not talking about that.

FlamingGlobes 06-15-2023 07:44 PM

I can't embed on my phone, but prepare to have your life changed:

https://youtu.be/kVNPwmFkf-Q

ovary 06-15-2023 09:26 PM

did you guys hear i said i have lyme disease

it's really ticking me off

ilikeplanets 06-15-2023 11:12 PM

That absolutely sucks, ovary. Do the meds help at all? How long have you had it and how did you get diagnosed?

MyOneAndOnly 06-16-2023 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes (Post 4627181)
This was pretty much my takeaway as well. I always got the sense there was a decent person at his core, but when someone acts like a shithead every day, you start to believe them.

Having skimmed the Falco subreddit, I can see nothing's changed in his worldview, which makes me sad. I also wonder if being mocked and called a "retard" constantly by the userbase here wasn't part of what attracted him to the darkside, as it were.

I mean, for fuck's sake, when I first arrived here, he was just a doofus who wanted to talk about Weezer. In two or three short years he went full Qanon.

No, he wasn't a decent person. Being dumb isn't an excuse either.


He is the culmination of his words and deeds. And that's nothing to be proud of.

MyOneAndOnly 06-16-2023 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovary (Post 4627189)
did you guys hear i said i have lyme disease

it's really ticking me off

how long have you had it? I hope you recover quickly.

FlamingGlobes 06-16-2023 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4627194)
No, he wasn't a decent person. Being dumb isn't an excuse either.


He is the culmination of his words and deeds. And that's nothing to be proud of.

I don't blame you one bit for feeling that way. I can't argue.

Given that I was never the target of his nasty invectives, I guess it's easier for me to see that other side of him. I can't speak for the whole board's experience just that I did see a decent side to him and believe he was mostly just a brainwashed idiot. But like I said, if you act like a shithead long enough, you're just a shithead.

Anyway, Falco, amirite?

Joey Goldberg 06-16-2023 10:16 AM

you think he'd be just as accessible on r/piss_gamecube but, alas, i've practically been living there the past month and not a sign of the fuzz man!

i've been uh... doing

research

haha...

FlamingGlobes 06-16-2023 11:28 AM

You joke, but if you build the subreddit, the fuzz will come.

Joey Goldberg 06-16-2023 11:33 AM

:blush:

Joey Goldberg 06-16-2023 11:48 AM

hey, how's this for a hot lane to reminisce on a Fred Durst/Fuzzy Rose Friday???

https://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=186974

ilikeplanets 06-16-2023 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes (Post 4627187)
I can't embed on my phone, but prepare to have your life changed:

https://youtu.be/kVNPwmFkf-Q

Oh, unfortunately I do know this song. I just didn't know it was by Falco. I think I prefer the anthropomorphic blue bird.

FlamingGlobes 06-16-2023 12:09 PM

I prefer the Bloodhound Gang version myself.

FlamingGlobes 06-16-2023 12:10 PM

You know now that I think about it, fuzzy was kind of like a Bloodhound Gang song come to life.

Joey Goldberg 06-16-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes (Post 4627236)
You know now that I think about it, fuzzy was kind of like a Bloodhound Gang song come to life.

that's an amazingly accurate assessment

very clean


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022