Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

ovary 07-01-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4511732)
I had a brief feeling of connection thinking that someone at this cafe had the same taste in music as me

And then I realised it was probably just a Spotify algorithm

And felt all hollowed out by modernity and automation

did you mention it to the cutest barista there? maybe you could have made a connection despite, or perhaps even because, of the mediating algorithim.

ovary 07-01-2019 08:37 PM

the other day we went swimming after work at a little cove in the river. when we got there there was a complete set of mens clothing, including shoes and backpack, that looked like theyd seen a couple nights of rain. i was wondering what happened to the man that presumably wore the clothes there, when this thirty year old guy wearing a winter hat (it was 85 degrees) and a ZERO shirt shows up all like "aw shit, they're here! where are my glasses? i already cancelled my cards i dont care if my wallet is there. aw shit! oh man! i guess someone kicked my glasses in the water (??) aw shit aw shit!" and im like so what happened dude and he says he decided to swim across the river, but got stuck on the pier of the bridge, and the police had to pick him up in a boat. then he left, thrashing back through the woods yelling "mom!! mom!! i found them!"

ovary 07-01-2019 08:37 PM

moral of the story: that coulda been any one of us.

yo soy el mejor 07-02-2019 08:17 AM

sounds like a scene from stand by me

redbreegull 07-02-2019 03:05 PM

story reminds me of one time at school 28if went skinny dipping at night while we were drunk and high (I actually don't recall if we were drunk or high but it's a safe assumption it was both), and he lost his glasses and half his clothes down by the water. he wound up having to go back to our dorm and recruit an unwitting neighbor to bring a flashlight down.

I'll never forget the look on this guy's face as he asked, probing the dark with his flashlight, "so wait, what exactly am I looking for?" as 28if triumphantly held aloft his found underpants

FoolofaTook 07-02-2019 04:01 PM

MplsTaper 07-05-2019 02:29 PM

Chris: I'm never gonna get out of this town, am I, Gordie?
Gordie: You can do anything you want, man.
Chris: Yeah, sure. Gimme some skin.
Gordie: I'll see you.
Chris: Not if I see you first.

Writer: Chris did get out. He enrolled in the College-courses with me. And
although it was hard he gutted it out like he always did. He went on
to College and eventually became a lawyer. Last week he entered a
fast food restaurant. Just ahead of him, two men got into an argument.
One of them pulled a knife. Chris who would always make the best peace
tried to break it up. He was stabbed in the throat. He died almost
instantly.

yo soy el mejor 07-06-2019 10:56 AM

:cry:

ninsp 07-08-2019 02:04 AM

folks. I just saw Midsommar
Brilliant
You could even say it’s a feminist horror film maybe
It was wildly great

redbreegull 07-08-2019 03:08 AM

take it to the films threads you fucker!

FoolofaTook 07-08-2019 07:34 AM

FoolofaTook 07-08-2019 07:34 AM

:cry:

yo soy el mejor 07-09-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4512376)
folks. I just saw Midsommar
Brilliant
You could even say it’s a feminist horror film maybe
It was wildly great

don't listen to "niceguy" ryanbreegull. you can talk about films in any thread you want.

tommy wants to watch that, too, which surprised me because of the "chick flick" factor. i i wasn't too into the trailer when we saw it, but i wasn't offended by it or anything. probs will go see it this weekend, tho. what's so great about it? without any spoilers

Mals Marola 07-09-2019 11:13 PM

didn't think of it as a chick flick at all but i also didn't think it was great

& i really liked Hereditary

yo soy el mejor 07-10-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals Marola (Post 4512523)
didn't think of it as a chick flick at all but i also didn't think it was great

& i really liked Hereditary

i don't think i know that movie. is kirsten dunce in it?

Mals Marola 07-10-2019 06:11 PM

you mean Billy Corgan in disguise after leaving music in 1996? i don't think so

toase 07-11-2019 09:39 AM

why some threads just don't die
c'mon people
lets marie kondo this shit
hold that thread, see that it doesn't spark joy, then let it go

yo soy el mejor 07-11-2019 11:29 AM

might need it later though

toase 07-11-2019 02:56 PM

yeah I don't marie kondo IRL

twitter is down so I need to complain here

yo soy el mejor 07-11-2019 02:58 PM

i got rid of or donated clutter and stuff on regular basis way before this lady came to town--been doing it for yeeeears. can't even talk about tidying up without someone mentioning joy or some shit.

Cool As Ice Cream 07-11-2019 03:12 PM

the four j's of tidying up:
- journey
- joy
- smashing jj

FoolofaTook 07-11-2019 04:50 PM

ur dad tidies up

smashingjj 07-11-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4512666)
the four j's of tidying up:
- journey
- joy
- smashing jj

:love:

yo soy el mejor 07-11-2019 06:52 PM

I've applied for a second job or two since it's summertime (i'm bored and my last year of school is going to be the most expensive yet, ugh), but i'm not stressing about it which, ya know, makes it a lot less stressful.

ANYWAY, I barely submitted a resume to be an evening ESL instructor yesterday and they already asked me to come in for an interview next week (I can write a mean cover letter, baby). It's M-Th 6-9pm plus 5 weekly hours dedicated to making the curriculum--so that's only 17 hours, but the pay is very decent. It will bite into my time with Tommy since he works ~9-5 but we agree that that can't be a reason to not do what I think is necessary.

FEELING: humbled

FoolofaTook 07-11-2019 07:08 PM

yo soy el mejor 07-11-2019 07:39 PM

i totally guessed you would say that when you got around to eventually reading my post. you're as funny as you look, dude.

FoolofaTook 07-11-2019 08:10 PM

wait, so you're saying i'm not funny looking? is that a compliment?

vixnix 07-12-2019 03:29 AM

the more upper middle class elites I meet, the more I see that they fail to see that they are part of an elite class and therefore part of the problem, and many feel victimised by many things while never having been genuinely hungry or cold with no way to fix it, or subject to the threat or reality of violence with no refuge or protection from it, which basically means they have never experienced poverty or persecution but somehow suffer from the delusion that they have experienced both.

OR

worse

they see that they are elite and that they are part of the problem, but they think that with that limited self-awareness and the years of education and meaningful conversations they've had....they are still very likely to be part of the solution

discouraging

it is all

discouraging

smashingjj 07-12-2019 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4512699)
i totally guessed you would say that when you got around to eventually reading my post. you're as funny as you look, dude.

got you where I wanted

Mals Marola 07-12-2019 11:51 AM

Hey if she is serious

If she’s serious and not just playing just tell her to email me so I can touch base with her. My email is on the origin page