Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Know I'm Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187148)

smashingjj 01-04-2021 08:46 AM

if you'd had a gun, this would have never happened

Cool As Ice Cream 01-04-2021 11:41 AM

what is the damn buiz?

ninsp 01-04-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4572095)
shitty state fight

Where I live in Texas is pretty cool. It’s like Austin but not garbage. I also like Texas a lot, though. It’s the most multicultural state in the country, has one of the strongest economies around, and even a second of research will tell you the cities are all very liberal. Texas only is Republican because it’s large and mostly rural.

cork_soaker 01-04-2021 01:38 PM

i'm really working hard on a hammer-wielding arsonist joke, pls stand by

FoolofaTook 01-04-2021 02:18 PM

in the meantime, florida is A W E S O M E

haters gonna hate
baters gonna bate
etc

FoolofaTook 01-04-2021 02:22 PM

i mean there's shit tons of little lakes, and spanish moss hanging off of senescent oaks, and epic cloud formations and hella rainbows, all kinds of birds and coyotes and alligators, and on clear days i can see rockets being blasted in to space ...

FoolofaTook 01-04-2021 02:25 PM

ok there's also a lot of white douchebags who exercise all day with their perfectly sculpted and scented bods (i swear they shower BEFORE going out to exercise wtf???) driving range rovers and chatting into apple watches but you know there's always a little poop even in the purest pooter so whatevs

vixnix 01-04-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571921)
your current rent is about what you would pay just outside of DC for rent in the suburbs for an OK quality apartment.

if you want to meet up in Cambodia let me know. LOL. My GF is from Vietnam and we're planning to visit SE Asia once this COVID nightmare is over.

Cambodia stressed me out but it was a great place. I doubt I’ll be travelling from NZ anytime soon, though! The prices are going to be even more prohibitive than they were before, for the foreseeable future. 😐

FoolofaTook 01-04-2021 03:19 PM

shit i forgot THE EVERGLADES

walking around in a cypress swamp with fucking alligators napping a couple of metres from the path. i even saw baby gators!

S E N E S C E N T

cork_soaker 01-04-2021 03:23 PM

gators gonna gate?

vixnix 01-04-2021 03:29 PM

We can afford a higher rent in some cities because my husband gets paid more - but probably not in DC. He gets paid the most by banks and insurance companies, so wherever there are clusters of those, he earns a lot more. We were considering a move to London, from Singapore. Actually there were good opportunities in Toronto but I think that was more about government subsidies than local conditions

If it had just been the two of us we wouldn’t have come back. But we were ‘good’ parents and put the kids first and decided to bring them home to NZ to be close to family and form a connection with their homeland. Which turned out to be an unexpectedly excellent decision for them....I think interruption to normal life has been less in NZ than almost anywhere else. But we hadn’t planned for that

mxzombie 01-05-2021 04:58 PM

i used to hate living in south florida, mostly because of the people and the general attitude. after living for just over a decade now "up north" in reputedly friendly cities, i can say that people are assholes everywhere but the weather is great in florida and i'd rather be there.

MyOneAndOnly 01-05-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4572132)
We can afford a higher rent in some cities because my husband gets paid more - but probably not in DC. He gets paid the most by banks and insurance companies, so wherever there are clusters of those, he earns a lot more. We were considering a move to London, from Singapore. Actually there were good opportunities in Toronto but I think that was more about government subsidies than local conditions

If it had just been the two of us we wouldn’t have come back. But we were ‘good’ parents and put the kids first and decided to bring them home to NZ to be close to family and form a connection with their homeland. Which turned out to be an unexpectedly excellent decision for them....I think interruption to normal life has been less in NZ than almost anywhere else. But we hadn’t planned for that

London is more expensive than DC. Although, if you could live in London without buying a car it might be cheaper. In most of DC white people send their kids to private school ($20k per kid per year), which also doesn't show up in cost of living comparisons. And unless you live and work in the middle of DC you would need at least one car, which can get expensive.

NZ is probably the safest place on the planet right now.... in terms of COVID. I wouldn't suggest that anybody move to the United States. The education system here is a wreck. There is almost no public transportation. And the Health Care system is bankrupting millions of people.

MyOneAndOnly 01-05-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4572130)
shit i forgot THE EVERGLADES

walking around in a cypress swamp with fucking alligators napping a couple of metres from the path. i even saw baby gators!

S E N E S C E N T

They have Pythons and Panthers too

MyOneAndOnly 01-05-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4572114)
Where I live in Texas is pretty cool. It’s like Austin but not garbage. I also like Texas a lot, though. It’s the most multicultural state in the country, has one of the strongest economies around, and even a second of research will tell you the cities are all very liberal. Texas only is Republican because it’s large and mostly rural.

you are garbage person so of course you think that.

reprise85 01-05-2021 11:30 PM

I only drove through Texas once but my impression is that when you are in Texas you will never forget it because all of the signs everywhere remind you you are indeed in Texas

FoolofaTook 01-06-2021 11:41 PM

so i took a trip thru the andes from medellin to pereira today. the scenery was awesome, all hills and mountains and rivers and rainforests and shit.

there was a rooster on the front seat of the van. in a cardboard box. every once in a while he would crow. :rofl:

smashingjj 01-07-2021 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4572227)
I only drove through Texas once but my impression is that when you are in Texas you will never forget it because all of the signs everywhere remind you you are indeed in Texas

"STILL TEXAS"

"YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN TEXAS"

"TEXAS, THE TEXAS STATE"

Joey Goldberg 01-07-2021 12:43 PM

more like

"Don't MESS with Texas"

x 1,000,000

Joey Goldberg 01-07-2021 12:43 PM

which i think is really just a more state-specific way of saying "don't litter on our highways"

reprise85 01-07-2021 12:45 PM

more like
TEXAS PIT STOP
TEXAS TRUCK SHOP
DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS
THE TEXAS WHOPPER
LONE STAR MACHINERY

so much stuff references the state

ppl wearing huge texas belt buckles, cowboy hats with flags, etc

maybe this is just around highways but it was really weird and unlike any other state I have been in

Joey Goldberg 01-07-2021 12:47 PM

Dairy Queen: The Texas Stop Sign

FoolofaTook 01-07-2021 12:50 PM

is there a place on this planet that doesn't celebrate itself.

ya'll just hatin'.

FoolofaTook 01-07-2021 12:51 PM

i'll be batin'
while your hatin'

ninsp 01-07-2021 03:21 PM

I have entirely more allegiance to Texas than to the USA tbh
We have more money than your state
We have more diversity than your state
Our economy is stronger
We’re the energy capital of the country
Etc etc

If Texas ever left this country would be brought to its knees. Houston is pretty much a self sufficient city and the future of the country, unless minorities scare you.

FoolofaTook 01-07-2021 03:28 PM

ur dad brought me to my knees

ninsp 01-07-2021 03:48 PM

Sure, yo soy being a TERF and cyberbullying MOAO for it is bad but let’s be honest, MOAO is a female incel who deserves to be cyberbullied

buzzard 01-07-2021 04:24 PM

Fingers crossed that meltdowns are bigger in Texas, too.

reprise85 01-07-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4572392)
Sure, yo soy being a TERF and cyberbullying MOAO for it is bad but let’s be honest, MOAO is a female incel who deserves to be cyberbullied

you should use insults that are actually true at least if you are trying to start some shit

Joey Goldberg 01-07-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4572372)
is there a place on this planet that doesn't celebrate itself.

ya'll just hatin'.

not like Texas does it, as we've made abundantly clear in the above posts